Post-Game Talk: Leafs/Sens | Saturday, February 23 | No one injured. Night a success.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Game was excellent, loved the reaction of the leafs fans after Greening scored. Building had such a great atmosphere tonight it was unbelievable.
Also Methot's hit was amazing!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Stache shows trust and the guys respond. Late in the 3rd Turris and Alfie had just finished a hard working shift and the next line was Zbad's. They were in the process of changing just as Scrivens held the puck on Condra's soft shot. For the O-zone face off in the last 30 seconds Stache left Zbad out there with Greening and Condra and Weir and Methot on D. Some coaches might have shifted back to Alfie and Turris but Stache showed confidence in a line that was playing well. It's those things that make the players respond and appreciate a coach like that.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I will agree that this game looked and sounded much different from the usual games vs the Leafs at SBP. Alfie wasn't booed every time he touched the puck , though there were some boos drowned out by cheers; the booing of Kessel was a nice touch....and the Sens fans in attendance did a really good job of counter cheering
the go leaf go chants,

There just didn't seem to be the same vibe of being overwhelmed in our own building.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I will agree that this game looked and sounded much different from the usual games vs the Leafs at SBP. Alfie wasn't booed every time he touched the puck , though there were some boos drowned out by cheers; the booing of Kessel was a nice touch....and the Sens fans in attendance did a really good job of counter cheering
the go leaf go chants,

There just didn't seem to be the same vibe of being overwhelmed in our own building.

Honestly, I got the vibe that the Leafs were playing not to lose, and the fans had the same feeling.

It's nice to come up with the win as the underdog.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
I watched the game as the only Senators fan in a room of 12 people. What a great way to end it!

My favourite quote from one of them was this: "Jesus, that Zibanejad guy is everywhere."

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i love the Greening/weed reference in nhl.com(Green Thumb).... it explains everything from their pun guys.

from TV it looked more blue than usual, but i never paid attention until this toronto star article. so i was more than happy to see the win, the way it went down; the show-off save, whistle, face-off, score... win. yeahh!

no depth, no problem should be our senatroll slogan

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
Andy definitely slows down the play a bit more. He catches and freezes everything. That being said, I thought Bishop played very well.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Someone have that Zack Smith .GIF please?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ZackSmithLunge.png

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
The color guy for the CBC is such a Leaf homer. I cannot believe they allow him on the air with such incredible bias. When the Sens scored at the end the guy sounded as dejected as the Leafs players looked. He even slipped up at the end and said "We were gonna get at least one point out of this."

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The color guy for the CBC is such a Leaf homer. I cannot believe they allow him on the air with such incredible bias. When the Sens scored at the end the guy sounded as dejected as the Leafs players looked. He even slipped up at the end and said "We were gonna get at least one point out of this."

We totally blew the script that the CBC had for tonight.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I was at the game tonight. Finally a game where the Sens fans matched the Leafs fans intensity (at least inside the building).

- Kyle Turris was great tonight. It didn't reflect on the score sheet. I've said this before, but for a young player, his 2-way game is phenomenal.

- Bishop played well. He fought the puck a little, but all around good game.

- I loved watching Grabovski and Kessel skate. Just amazing to watch.

- Coach MacLean has to be the MVP. I can't imagine where this team would be without him.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
It's pretty hard to complain.

Andy makes it look so damned easy.

Bishop was working his ass off.

I find he's fighting the puck alot when he's in net. He makes most routine saves look like scoring chance when in reality they should just be gloved down or directed towards the corners. I think it has alot to do with him being so god damn tall. He struggles on low shots which is kinda making it look like his height is actually a disadvantage for him. Maybe I'm just used to seeing Andy making it look so easy out there.

But I agree, he works his ass off out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad