Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Senators - 1/21/2015 - Healy/Karlsson BFF Edition

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Turris and Mac need a #1 center.

Once we solve our #1 center issue, watch Turris and Mac improve greatly.

Alternatively, if we could find a third #2 center, we could put out a three-headed-monster of a depth chart featuring Turris-Zibanejad-XXXXX up the middle and roll three lines deep to keep defences honest.

Both strategies would help take some of the opposition pressure off of Turris.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Just came back from that game, I chirped so many ****ing leaf fans during that game and on the bus, I don't know how my head isn't bruised up.

Edit, I also got to meet Neil Patrick Harris (hf poster) forgot what he looks like tho, it was early.

Good meeting ya in the ticket line!

And yeah, lotta chirping at the game and on the ride home.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Love the thread title. Felt we could have finished better but considering it was the leafs I'm happy.

We always play hard against each other and I hope we always do.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson is back.

Not only is he back... he has played one of his best games in his career against Toronto. He never plays good against Toronto.

He has dominated Montreal and now Toronto. He always played hesitant against our rivals but all that seems history now.

Not only does Karlsson look like pre-injury again, his enthusiasm and confidence is arguably higher than it ever was.

****ING LOVE IT.

I believe management will not let this opportunity pass and they will provide Karlsson with talent asap to get the best of what he can do for us.

Karlsson was so good Healy couldn't stop talking about him in a good way. Healy hated Karlsson too so that's saying something

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Alternatively, if we could find a third #2 center, we could put out a three-headed-monster of a depth chart featuring Turris-Zibanejad-XXXXX up the middle and roll three lines deep to keep defences honest.

Both strategies would help take some of the opposition pressure off of Turris.
Da Costa :cry: :cry:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just took a glimpse at the Leaf's GDT today and they were pretty upset with the attention Karlsson was getting throughout the game.

Funny because we get the Leaf's shoved down our throats on every single Canadian sports broadcasting station on a daily basis

officialmark*

Just took a glimpse at the Leaf's GDT today and they were pretty upset with the attention Karlsson was getting throughout the game.

Funny because we get the Leaf's shoved down our throats on every single Canadian sports broadcasting station on a daily basis

I see everyone cheering that they passed Ottawa in the draft.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I see everyone cheering that they passed Ottawa in the draft.

There's still almost 3 months of regular season hockey left.. I mean when we end up losing I embrace the tank as a consolation prize but it must be so draining to actively cheer against your team like that.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Do a search for "Karlsson" in the game day and post game threads. There is at least 5 pages worth of whining for the attention he garnered today.

Hahahah, holy ****, they are sooo salty over the healy/karlsson love affair.

Just go in the Pt2 GDT, and Ctrl+F search "Karlsson". You get like 10 hits per page about it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Do a search for "Karlsson" in the game day and post game threads. There is at least 5 pages worth of whining for the attention he garnered today.

You're actually not exaggerating. There is literally over 5 pages of Leaf fans losing their minds about the fact that the commentators (namely Healy) were singing his praises.

In their PGT sounds like they couldn't be happier. They're all about drafting Strome (which we should be too if we're honest). Full tank embrace over there. Kinda pisses me off.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You're actually not exaggerating. There is literally over 5 pages of Leaf fans losing their minds about the fact that the commentators (namely Healy) were singing his praises.

In their PGT sounds like they couldn't be happier. They're all about drafting Strome (which we should be too if we're honest). Full tank embrace over there. Kinda pisses me off.

Tank for Strome. :naughty:

BigBush*

I'd much rather see the players continue to progress, play a great second half of the season, and finish 9th in the east and 16th in the league then draft Strome. But I feel like I'm the only ****ing one

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hahahah, holy ****, they are sooo salty over the healy/karlsson love affair.

Just go in the Pt2 GDT, and Ctrl+F search "Karlsson". You get like 10 hits per page about it.

I did that....

Holy crap is it ever nasty in there. Makes us look like a bunch of regular saints!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Full tank embrace over there.

I'm not surprised.

The only thing more familiar to Leafs fans than being priced out of attending games at their own arena is watching their team lose.

It's like therapy. Losing games is like their security blanket. Like a warm sunbeam on a lazy sunday afternoon. Like that soup that mom used to make.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm not surprised.

The only thing more familiar to Leafs fans than being priced out of attending games at their own arena is watching their team lose.

It's like therapy. Losing games is like their security blanket. Like a warm sunbeam on a lazy sunday afternoon. Like that soup that mom used to make.

The "tank nation" thing is just one big coping mechanism for cheering for a bunch of losers.

They all think they have the greatest team until they fall down the standings, and then the only way they won't get major depression is to pretend that's what they wanted all along.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This was a glorious win.

To be fair we were playing a team that according to TSN has had their worst "stretch" of 17 (3-14) games in 25 years. In other words - they're struggling pretty bad.

Edit: But I guess it depends on how you view glory. It's pretty hilarious to watch Toronto implode yet again. Could definitely be viewed as glorious.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Just came back from reading the leafs GDT if what they are saying is remotely true Karlsson should probably get a restraining order against Healy...

Last edited:

The EnigmatiC Soul*

I'd much rather see the players continue to progress, play a great second half of the season, and finish 9th in the east and 16th in the league then draft Strome. But I feel like I'm the only ****ing one

You are not alone. There is many of us, including the team. That in my opinion is great. This team is going to be special someday soon. Our time will come. Can feel the tides changing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad