Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Senators - 1/21/2015 - Healy/Karlsson BFF Edition

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Just got home and saw that we won. Nice.

Looked at the stats of the game and saw we were up 3-0 in the first. So i take it the Sens somewhat got dominated in the 2nd half of the game? Judging by the shot totals, it seemed like they may have been.

Pretty much.

And EK with a completely domination of a game.

Dangle and playmaking school of Bobby Ryan

And sniping practice with Mike Hoffman

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
We are making the playoffs.

I looked at the games tonight and hoped the Avs beat the Bruins!

We are in 10th. We only have to pass 2 teams. Florida and team x. Florida has games in hand but have to win them. We have 36 games. We almost are even in goal differential. Far better them the teams behind us. Winning 10 of 25 1 goal games we have played. We are maybe due for a change in puck luck the last half oc the season.

Despite the weak third.. I have a lot of hope from this game. We are not out of the playoffs yet.

Anyone talking about tank needs a punch in the face. At least wait until we are out of a decent chance at making the playoffs. Now we have a fighting chance.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They have more heart than us, therefore they were able to mount the (failed) comeback.

lol, I'm going to take a wild guess and say Sportsnet's love affair with all things Leafs was going on loud and strong in the second intermission then. lol, figures.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I looked at the games tonight and hoped the Avs beat the Bruins!

We are in 10th. We only have to pass 2 teams. Florida and team x. Florida has games in hand but have to win them. We have 36 games. We almost are even in goal differential. Far better them the teams behind us. Winning 10 of 25 1 goal games we have played. We are maybe due for a change in puck luck the last half oc the season.

Despite the weak third.. I have a lot of hope from this game. We are not out of the playoffs yet.

Anyone talking about tank needs a punch in the face. At least wait until we are out of a decent chance at making the playoffs. Now we have a fighting chance.

I don't think we can beat any of the teams in front of us to the playoffs aside from Florida. Boston and Washington are peaking at the right time.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The heartless players had reduced ice time.

I don't want to call anyone heartless. But I like Cameron. He plays who is playing well. Maclean said best players play. But they didn't. I don't think Cameron cares who it is... He plays who is playing best. If it was a call-up or Lazar or Legwand he would ride them.

Also Hoffman and Stone are sick!!!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I don't want to call anyone heartless. But I like Cameron. He plays who is playing well. Maclean said best players play. But they didn't. I don't think Cameron cares who it is... He plays who is playing best. If it was a call-up or Lazar or Legwand he would ride them.

I was joking but agreed.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I don't think we can beat any of the teams in front of us to the playoffs aside from Florida. Boston and Washington are peaking at the right time.

36 games. Injuries happen. Slumps happen. We are do have a chance. We just have to actually win most of our one goal games and not lose them to stay in the race and creep closer. We may not... But there is a reasonable hope.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Now third and fourth in rookie scoring.

Also nice to see Karlsson playing like we know he can.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anyone see any leafs jerseys thrown on the ice? There was an article in the paper about a guy who was contemplating it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I told y'all I'd do this if we won.. It's a late dinner for you guys tonight.

ChocolateLeclaire
Leafs will explode for 6 goals and shut out Ottawa. Because for some reason, that's how this team rolls. Ottawa Slumpbusters.

cape-cod-crowXX.jpg

Icelevel
Yup I see the beginning of a toronto win streak in our near future.

crowplate.jpg

Lethal
Kessel will score a hattrick

Eat-Crow-300x336.jpg
<-- because Kessel's fat.

Chip Chipperson
Guarantee they pot at least 5 against us tonight.

images.jpeg

Zeeman32
6-2 Leafs. Collapse in the 2nd.
Love my Sens, but I just don't see them winning this game - especially since it's the blue team.

crow.jpg

Senators65
Oh who am i kidding. It will probably be 3-1 Leafs by the end of the 1st period.

EatCrow.gif

:sarcasm:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Now third and fourth in rookie scoring.

Also nice to see Karlsson playing like we know he can.

They were really seasoned and are so good. Pageau got a long seasoning too. Hopefully in a year or two Prince and Puempel are up here and useful players. I like Puempel's shot.

Stone is so freaking smart and Hoffman is a pure talent. They will keep getting better and better for a few more years I think. Stone plays like a real veteran in pretty much every aspect of his game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I told y'all I'd do this if we won.. It's a late dinner for you guys tonight.

ChocolateLeclaire

cape-cod-crowXX.jpg

Icelevel

crowplate.jpg

Lethal

Eat-Crow-300x336.jpg
<-- because Kessel's fat.

Chip Chipperson

images.jpeg

Zeeman32

crow.jpg

Senators65

EatCrow.gif

:sarcasm:

Maybe we all were just trying to jinx it so that we would actually win. Didn't think about that huh? ;)

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Not eating crow, but you guys forgot about this one

Senators65:

Please hockey gods, let the Sens win this game.

I will do anything you want me to do if the Sens win, even if it involves me going streaking in my neighborhood while singing a Justin Bieber song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad