Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Red Wings Feb 1, 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I just want a convincing win against this team, they shouldn't be able to hang with us whatsoever when you compare these teams on paper. Hopefully Muzzin's first game gives the team a big boost and we go on to win this 4 or 5-0.

Just don't be too strict on your definition of convincing.

This is still the NHL regardless who you're facing.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Man, it's about time for some hockey again.

I HATE the 4F 1D PP. Always have. But I understand why we do it...we don't have that bomb from the point so why not maximize your potential with another forward. Except now...we do. So why not take Kadri off the 1st unit (where he's been largely ineffective anyway) put Muzzin and Morgan on the points, and shift Naz to the 2nd unit?
That's a bit odd. The 4F1D constellation has much better results across the board. Almost no teams use two d-men anymore, and outside Nashville those teams just don't have a lot of talent, and their PPs are not very great.

The bomb from the point is more impressive than it is effective.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Why do I have this bad feeling that the Leafs go with Andersen in Detroit and Sparks against Pittsburgh while Pittsburgh goes with DeSmith vs Ottawa and Murray in Toronto?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Man, it's about time for some hockey again.

That's a bit odd. The 4F1D constellation has much better results across the board. Almost no teams use two d-men anymore, and outside Nashville those teams just don't have a lot of talent, and their PPs are not very great.

The bomb from the point is more impressive than it is effective.

That may be so. But it just seems to me (eye test, I know) that because of the open point on one side or the other because there's only 1 guy up there, teams can generally clear the puck much easier which results in less actual OZ time. Plus, our PP has become very stagnant and predictable anyway, especially the #1. Change it up for a game or 2 with the new guy. If it doesn't work...fine....then we're no worse off. You can always change it back.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
I hate this stupid bye week thing. Just give them more time off around Xmas and New Years like everybody else while we have World Juniors to watch. Giving them a week off only a few week after the NHL Schedule has gaps for holidays just makes for this gap where there inst much going on.

Lets hope Nylander is able to recharge during this break from that tough first half.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Has anyone done the math to calculate which is longer, the offseason or the allstar break? Feels like the last game was forever ago...

84.gif

Sinkkunaattori

Go Waffles Go
Aug 5, 2011
Who made this schedule man, Jets will have played 3, THREE freaking games before our first game back, what the hell.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Whining about bye-week is getting more irritating than bye-week.
Only one more day guys. Every team has this. If we wouldn't, everyone would be crying why we wouldn't.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I hate this stupid bye week thing. Just give them more time off around Xmas and New Years like everybody else while we have World Juniors to watch. Giving them a week off only a few week after the NHL Schedule has gaps for holidays just makes for this gap where there inst much going on.

Lets hope Nylander is able to recharge during this break from that tough first half.

The bye week is a very stupid idea and now we play 15 games in 28 days with 3 B2B's.

BTW, Nylander doesn't need to recharge, he needs to simply continue where he left off against the Caps. Matthews is the one who needs to recharge, he has been pretty ineffective offensively ever since the Kronwall hit (oh and our first game is Detroit) compared to how he was before that, he hasn't been playing the hero role when we need a goal to tie the game since then.

trufflepiggy

Oct 13, 2015
Anyone going to the game in Detroit on Friday? what is the best bar to pregame?
Yes... I go the the bars at the arena.... just get there really early ... or Hockeytown cafe.... look for the guy in chainmail, and say hi!

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

No morning practice for these guys. It's been a tough week for them.....

Joking a side, I'm just glad to have some hockey back on soon.

These breaks feel pretty long mid season... Especially during this -30 and worse weather.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff have decided to do our D pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad