Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Red Wings Feb 1, 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Looking forward to some Leafs hockey after this break that feels like an eternity...

Upcoming schedule to start the second half:
Leafs @ Red Wings Feb 1, 7:30pm ET
Leafs vs Penguins Feb 2, 7:00pm ET
Leafs vs Ducks Feb 4, 7:00pm ET
Leafs vs Senators Feb 6, 7:30pm ET
Leafs @ Canadiens Feb 9, 7:00pm ET

Relatively easy schedule to get back into the swing of things, hopefully will help us dig out of our slump. Should be able to win 4/5 without issues.

Other February highlights:
  • Long road trip from Feb 7th-Feb 20th
  • Trade deadline Monday, Feb 25th

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Detroit has been thorns in our side all season long, we always play like crap and go down a few, only to come back and win/lose.

I hope the team really plays up to their potential this second half and takes a strangle hold on 2nd place.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I am going to my first Leaf game in about a decade and my 2nd Leaf game ever for that MOntreal game. Between travel, tickets, hotel, etc I am dropping over a grand for it. Won't lie my butthole has been producing diamonds as I am terrified they will roll into Montreal with the same level of indifference we have seen.

For my sanity, I hope that they can get something going during this stretch.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Red Wings run a lot of interference, thanks to the system that Mike Babcock put in place ironically. I fully expect them to clog up the neutral zone and hack, slash, hook and grab all night long to their heart's content with almost zero repercussions.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
In Montreal this weekend for both Hab afternoon games and the Super Bowl.

Hopefully can catch this in a bar Friday night.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Gotta win some of these games since the longest road trip of the year is coming up

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
From Feb 1st on it will be pretty much every other day until the playoffs. Love it! After the all-star break is the best time of the hockey season (till the playoffs, of course). With all the races heating up and battling for position. This year it'll be particularly interesting for us because the Leafs are not locked in to 1 spot like they were last season.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Well lately nothing has come easy for the Leafs, but I hope you're right. 4 out of 5 would be great.

Although were waiting until Friday, once they get playing again there is a lot of games packed in the next 2 and a half months. Should be a fun stretch drive.

It may be good to have that big road trip. They seem to be playing well on the road compared to at home.

So Friday Andy? Saturday Sparks? Seems to be what they're doing lately.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Well lately nothing has come easy for the Leafs, but I hope you're right. 4 out of 5 would be great.

Although were waiting until Friday, once they get playing again there is a lot of games packed in the next 2 and a half months. Should be a fun stretch drive.

It may be good to have that big road trip. They seem to be playing well on the road compared to at home.

Sparks against Crosby, Malkin, Kessel? Ooof!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Oh boy....that will make missing Saturdays game for me a little easier to take.

dmac87

Nov 30, 2018
Anyone going to the game in Detroit on Friday? what is the best bar to pregame?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Mix the lines up a bit more.

Hyman Tavares Kapanen
Moore Matthews Marner
Brown Kadri Nylander
Goat Marleau Lindholm

Speedy checker on each top nine line.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Mix the lines up a bit more.

Hyman Tavares Kapanen
Moore Matthews Marner
Brown Kadri Nylander
Goat Marleau Lindholm

Speedy checker on each top nine line.
Why would you think they will change the lines?
They played pretty well last time out, I would expect the same lineup.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No game is easy until this team starts to play much better for consistent stretches.

Hope they can build off of the Washington game.

Then again it's only Monday and this isn't until Friday... Gonna be a long week :(

Reactions: Al14

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Oh boy....that will make missing Saturdays game for me a little easier to take.

Lol... yeah. Well I'm not saying he is playing... I'm guessing because it seems they play Andy first no matter what lately.

In these games coming up... id do it the other way around. Hope you get a win in Detroit with good solid team play. Put your #1 in against the Penguins.

You can look at it the other way too ... get the forsure win on Friday with your #1 too... but in this case... id get Andy in there against Pens.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Lol... yeah. Well I'm not saying he is playing... I'm guessing because it seems they play Andy first no matter what lately.

In these games coming up... id do it the other way around. Hope you get a win in Detroit with good solid team play. Put your #1 in against the Penguins.

You can look at it the other way too ... get the forsure win on Friday with your #1 too... but in this case... id get Andy in there against Pens.
I suspect you're right.
Andersen - Friday
Sparks - Saturday

Reactions: Burnie97

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Anyone going to the game in Detroit on Friday? what is the best bar to pregame?
I'm going but haven't been to Little Caesars Arena yet. Cheli's by Comerica was always a good time. Unfortunately Chris Chelios decided to close it in November and move back to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->