Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Red Wings Feb 1, 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Muzzin Would he work on PP2 with a boomer from the point ?

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
I’m pretty pumped for this game can’t wait to see how Muzzin looks and hoping Marner and Matthews together will work as good as I think it will

Reactions: The Cobra

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The only thing I'm hoping this game is one thing. I really hope Muzzin doesn't feel like he needs to show his toughness to his new team and pull a Clarkson type stunt or make a hit that could suspend him.
He just needs to play his normal game, no need to try and physically impress the fans.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Sparks should start this game. It's complete non-sense to start Andy in this game and throwing Sparks in there at home against the much better team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sparks should start this game. It's complete non-sense to start Andy in this game and throwing Sparks in there at home against the much better team.
Not really. The idea is to get the guaranteed win. People would be livid if Sparks sucks and the leafs lose the first game, and then lose against Pittsburgh because the team is tired

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
The only thing I'm hoping this game is one thing. I really hope Muzzin doesn't feel like he needs to show his toughness to his new team and pull a Clarkson type stunt or make a hit that could suspend him.
He just needs to play his normal game, no need to try and physically impress the fans.

Don't worry, Muzzin has a brain.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Good teams assume they can win both games and Andersen always plays the first game.
Deviating from that tells the players they have little confidence in the backup.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Good teams assume they can win both games and Andersen always plays the first game.
Deviating from that tells the players they have little confidence in the backup.
The coaching staff worries about winning Friday's game on Friday and doesn't look past it. You start your best goalie.

Reactions: ACC1224

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Detroit has out-worked the Leafs twice so far this season and with us coming out of the bye week I fear that the same thing could happen again. They've got to stop playing down to their opponent, hopefully they get back in stride quickly and play a solid game. Very excited to see what Babcock has drawn up on D...does anyone know about the status of Johnsson? It would be great to see them at full strength soon.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
They've got to stop playing down to their opponent
Pittsburgh and Washington do it.
Maybe it's a thing ?

in my ideal world, matthews is just lollygagging around resting for the playoffs where he comes back to life.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Looking forward to some Leafs hockey after this break that feels like an eternity...

Upcoming schedule to start the second half:
Leafs @ Red Wings Feb 1, 7:30pm ET
Leafs vs Penguins Feb 2, 7:00pm ET
Leafs vs Ducks Feb 4, 7:00pm ET
Leafs vs Senators Feb 6, 7:30pm ET
Leafs @ Canadiens Feb 9, 7:00pm ET

Relatively easy schedule to get back into the swing of things, hopefully will help us dig out of our slump. Should be able to win 4/5 without issues.

Other February highlights:
  • Long road trip from Feb 7th-Feb 20th
  • Trade deadline Monday, Feb 25th

I don't see any games as easy in the NHL, especially when playing three games in four nights.

The break was too long. This is a poor schedule design.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Seems unlikely he’d be a better fit than Gardiner.

Why not have two offensive D-men on the 2nd PP unit?

PP1:
Tavares
Kapanen-Kadri-Marner
Rielly

PP2:
Marleau
Matthews-Nylander
Gardiner-Muzzin

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
red wings.jpg

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I HATE the 4F 1D PP. Always have. But I understand why we do it...we don't have that bomb from the point so why not maximize your potential with another forward. Except now...we do. So why not take Kadri off the 1st unit (where he's been largely ineffective anyway) put Muzzin and Morgan on the points, and shift Naz to the 2nd unit?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I just want a convincing win against this team, they shouldn't be able to hang with us whatsoever when you compare these teams on paper. Hopefully Muzzin's first game gives the team a big boost and we go on to win this 4 or 5-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad