McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
He produced better in his +1 season than Stanley, and Morrissey by a long shot. His +1 season is with that of elite company.

That doesn't make him a blue chip prospect. Andrei Svechnikov and Elias Pettersson are blue chip prospects. Not some 19yo who just got picked in the second round. As I said, please stop using that term.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Just let me ask this hypothetical question.

The leafs get Tavares....does Kadri become available?
I'd say Nylander becomes available. Kadri is on a great contract which would be crucial if we signed JT and signed Marner and Matthews in the future. Nylander for a dman of a similar age or younger who's NHL ready and wouldn't require a contract for a few years.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd say Nylander becomes available. Kadri is on a great contract which would be crucial if we signed JT and signed Marner and Matthews in the future. Nylander for a dman of a similar age or younger who's NHL ready and wouldn't require a contract for a few years.
Yeah but we can't get him without trading someone we REALLY don't wanna trade :laugh::laugh:

HC7

May 2, 2018
That doesn't make him a blue chip prospect. Andrei Svechnikov and Elias Pettersson are blue chip prospects. Not some 19yo who just got picked in the second round. As I said, please stop using that term.

Durzi produced better than players such as Morgan Rielly, Mikhail Sergachev, and Olli Juolevi in their +1 years. Durzi was a major market inefficiency that Dubas saw. He outproduced every +1 D in the CHL this past season. I'm not saying he's as good as the 2 you stated, but he's still a blue chip prospect. You could say McDavid was a blue chip prospect, does that mean those 2 you listed are not?

HC7

May 2, 2018
Yeah but we can't get him without trading someone we REALLY don't wanna trade :laugh::laugh:

Leafs are fine keeping all their players so I'm not sure the issue. Jackets can keep their #1 C P-L Dubois and Leafs will keep their complementary players such as Nylander, and Kadri.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Durzi produced better than players such as Morgan Rielly, Mikhail Sergachev, and Olli Juolevi in their +1 years. Durzi was a major market inefficiency that Dubas saw. He outproduced every +1 D in the CHL this past season. I'm not saying he's as good as the 2 you stated, but he's still a blue chip prospect. You could say McDavid was a blue chip prospect, does that mean those 2 you listed are not?

"Blue chip players are those who have proven themselves to be among the best at their positions in their respective sports and are more sought after and wanted than other players.[1] They are typically perceived as "can't miss" prospects[2] who are desired by most organizations. Blue chip athletes are likely to have an immediate impact on teams that acquire them[2] and have proven skills rather than speculative or untapped potential."

Unless Durzi makes the Leafs in a top4 role this fall and plays it well, he's not a blue chip prospect. That's what "blue chip" means. There were only two, maybe three or four blue chippers drafted this year.

HC7

May 2, 2018
"Blue chip players are those who have proven themselves to be among the best at their positions in their respective sports and are more sought after and wanted than other players.[1] They are typically perceived as "can't miss" prospects[2] who are desired by most organizations. Blue chip athletes are likely to have an immediate impact on teams that acquire them[2] and have proven skills rather than speculative or untapped potential."

Unless Durzi makes the Leafs in a top4 role this fall and plays it well, he's not a blue chip prospect. That's what "blue chip" means. There were only two, maybe three or four blue chippers drafted this year.

Elias didn't make Canucks out of camp... Durzi was arguably the best D-Man in the CHL this past season and all the polls and coaches agreed.

Call him what you want but he's a highly touted prospect.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Elias didn't make Canucks out of camp... Durzi was arguably the best D-Man in the CHL this past season and all the polls and coaches agreed.

Call him what you want but he's a highly touted prospect.

As long as you stop using that term.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Johnsson - Tavares - Marner defensively > JVR - Bozak - Brown defensively

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
By far. Bozak is horrible defensively.

Somebody will probably give him ~5M+ this offseason. If you're bad defensively and need high offensive zone starts + easy QoC to even be somewhat effective, you should be a ~60+ point player.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
I have Tavares staying an Islander at about 85%. I’m not going to get my hopes up that he will become a Leaf but I would love it so much if he did. I am a huge fan of his and love the way that he plays. I can see the Leafs keeping Kadri for this year but when Matthews and Marner get paid it will be very hard to keep everyone. This is where the 3rd year that we gave to Marleau might bite us in the butt.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good thing for Toronto is, unlike when they tried to sign Brad Richards & Stamkos, they still have a bonafide #1 C if it doesn't work out. So they don't have their hopes and dreams riding on a potential free agent signee.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
in B4 Justin Beiber becomes the leafs ambassador ala Drake and the Raptors.

Go to leafs nations JohnnyT, they can give you a boyfriend boyfriend he can be your boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad