McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
The Leafs should get him. The opportunity to play for Babcock, play with Marleau, on his hometown team, should make a difference.

When I think of the Leafs I too think of how much I'd love to play with Patrick Marleau.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
In my opinion no....Matthews/Tavares/Kadri down the middle is the goal.

My only question....WHO FIXES OUR DEFENSE????

what fixing?

Reilly is almost in stud mode
Gards is fine on the 2nd pair
Zaitsev is fine on the 2nd pair
Dermott just finished a great rook season
Liljegrin is a season away
Hainsey is fine for 2nd pair
carrick is a fine #7
rosen looks ready and so might be holl

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
what fixing?

Reilly is almost in stud mode
Gards is fine on the 2nd pair
Zaitsev is fine on the 2nd pair
Dermott just finished a great rook season
Liljegrin is a season away
Hainsey is fine for 2nd pair
carrick is a fine #7
rosen looks ready and so might be holl
Well...you listed 1 top pair, 3 2nd pair, 2 rookies and a hope and a prayer....it needs fixing

Reactions: VainGretzky

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
If Tavares is signed, I'd full expect one of Nylander or Kadri to become available for a D. More so Nylander than Kadri due to value + Kadri's steal of a contract will help in remaining competitive long term.

KADRI.WILL.NOT.BE.TRADDED

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
He's going home. The leafs will then do whatever they have can to get either Karlsson or Faulk. It's a small window and they have to do whatever it takes to get it done in such a short span. In a salary capped NHL league it will be very hard to fit

1. Matthews
2. Nylander
3. Marner
4. Gardiner
5. Kapenen

all under a cap so you trade #3/#5 for a top pairing defenseman and try to end the drought. Let me tell you the leafs are getting close to the dreaded 54 year curse and it's a curse that hurts bad. Imagine a game that has nothing to do with the leafs and one drunk starts chanting 1967. Now it doesn't roll off your tongue like 1940 but it'll do and it will be shouted from the rooftops from every hated rival who has nothing else to enjoy but revel in the pain from every 50 year old leafs fan who has never seen his team hoist the cup.

RIEMSDYK-MATTHEWS-NYLANDER
KADRI-TAVARES-KAPANEN

FAULK-GARDINER
REILLY-ZAITSEV

ANDERSEN

This line-up can end the drought.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
do you know that many teams only have 1 true top pair D with a quality 2nd pair guy.

add in Gards is a shade better then a average 2nd pair guy.

you just need a bit of patience, our D is aging and developing very well.

rosen/borg/holl/ ozi/carrick is more then enough to fill out slots 6 and 7

and come 2020/2021 liljegrin will be here.

Except their top pair isn't all that great. Especially from a defensive standpoint. Andersen was facing like 40+ shots a night last season.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
If the leafs can sign Tavares...

William Nylander
for
Josh Manson & Nick Ritchie

then...

3rd & Leivo for McCann

RITCHIE - MATTHEWS - MARNER
JOHNSSON - TAVARES - KAPANEN
MARLEAU - - - KADRI - - - HYMAN
MARTIN - - McCANN - - BROWN

RIELLY - - - MANSON
GARDINER - ZAITSEV
DERMOTT - HAINSEY

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Creative Leafs offer: "We park our brinks truck on your lawn. You begin unloading the gold bars for the next eight years."

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If the leafs can sign Tavares...

William Nylander
for
Josh Manson & Nick Ritchie

then...

3rd & Leivo for McCann

RITCHIE - MATTHEWS - MARNER
JOHNSSON - TAVARES - KAPANEN
MARLEAU - - - KADRI - - - HYMAN
MARTIN - - McCANN - - BROWN

RIELLY - - - MANSON
GARDINER - ZAITSEV
DERMOTT - HAINSEY

not a fan rather keep it simple if we land J.T trade conditional picks for Tanev and run
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Johansson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Levio-Lindholm-Brown
Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey(or that hitting Russian we signed)

Andersson
Pickard/Sparks

HC7

May 2, 2018
Liljegren is an absolute stud, he'll be a top pairing D-Man in 3-4 years. There's no question he was the D-Man touted to go 2nd overall. The kid had mono, was shuffled around during his draft year, and had no confidence. Since coming to Toronto he's made amazing strides, and become an absolute rock on the defensive side of the puck. When the Marlies let him lose and allow him to play his offensive game next year he will take the AHL by storm.

Durzi is also a blue chip prospect. He outproduced every CHL D drafted last year in their D+1 year. That includes the likes of Foote, Valimaki, PO-Joseph, and Connor Timmins. He also outproduced D-Men such as Dermott, Rielly, and Sergachev at the same age. What's even more impressive is he was drafted to Owen Sound out of AA, so his progression over the past few years has been incredibly steep. The kid is also a gym rat, and true professional by all accounts.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
HtEV7W

Not only is John Tavares from the Toronto area but so is his finance Aryne Fuller. I believe they generally spend the off-season in southern Ontario. They got engaged last summer while travelling in California. If they plan to marry this summer, I would imagine it will be in Toronto. If they start a family soon after, having family nearby could be an enticing factor for the young couple given the choice.

Bottom line, if not NYI, I'd put my money on TML.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad