McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Given he's meeting 3-5 teams in the next 2 days I can't have it anywhere that high.
Leafs have much better chances than most think on here imo. Isles are the favs, but Leafs a strong #2.

I hope you are right. I just don’t remember a player as good and productive as Tavares being available as a UFA in the last 10-15 years and at his age probably ever. Most superstar level players get traded and it is usually after their prime years. It would be an extremely rare occurrence if Tavares signs anywhere else than the Islanders.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
This is anecdotal and only worth so much. I went to the same high school as Tavares and shared some classes with him. From what I gathered at the time (and keep in mind we’re a decade+ later here), he was an extremely quiet, but decent guy. He struck me as someone very loyal and not in love with the spotlight. Several of his Oshawa Generals’ teammates also went to my school, and while many of them loved the spotlight and attention, he made a decided effort to shield himself from it. Now, do I think he grew up wanting to play/be drafted by the Leafs? Probably, yes. Do I think some part of him wants to still play for the Leafs? Probably, yes. But playing for the Leafs is like being under a microscope for 24 hours a day. Everything I saw of him in the flesh and have read from afar as his career has progressed tells me he’s not leaving Long Island.

Where's your proof, bud? That you went to High School with Tavares. Proof or it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->