Prospect Info: Leafs pick #68 - Martins Dzierkals (F) HK Riga MHL 5'11" 169lbs

Wild Hog

Sep 23, 2015
Canada
A bit of perspective:

-Dzierkals has a 1.63 PPG in his Draft+1 year for Rouyn-Noranda in his first North American season
-Kucherov had a 1.96 PPG in his Draft+2 year for Rouyn-Noranda in his first North American season

By all accounts, this is an excellent pace for Dzierkals early on, especially for a 3rd round pick. Hopefully he can continue this throughout the season. If Dzierkals is back with Rouyn-Noranda next year, it's likely he will match or better Kucherov's statistics at the same age.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A bit of perspective:

-Dzierkals has a 1.63 PPG in his Draft+1 year for Rouyn-Noranda in his first North American season
-Kucherov had a 1.96 PPG in his Draft+2 year for Rouyn-Noranda in his first North American season

By all accounts, this is an excellent pace for Dzierkals early on, especially for a 3rd round pick. Hopefully he can continue this throughout the season. If Dzierkals is back with Rouyn-Noranda next year, it's likely he will match or better Kucherov's statistics at the same age.
Have a feeling that if he dominates the Q we will move him to the Marlies for 2016-17, especially with Nylander, Brown and Kapanen potential graduates.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I keep loving this pick more and more. You know that the scouting staff saw something special in him when he wasn't really on anybody elses radar

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Have a feeling that if he dominates the Q we will move him to the Marlies for 2016-17, especially with Nylander, Brown and Kapanen potential graduates.

Not necessarily - it's could be crowded with 2 more college players graduating into the AHL as well next season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not necessarily - it's could be crowded with 2 more college players graduating into the AHL as well next season.

Likely have Toninato graduating.

Maybe 2/3 of Nylander, Brown, and Kap graduate...a lot of young guys coming up otherwise.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Your right - I forgot about some of the current AHler's graduating to the Leafs.

Yeah...but not too many. You don't want too many young guys graduating at once... I worry about becoming Edmonton East in that scenario.

mikebel111*

but Mark Hunter is ruining this team with his draft picks

One thing to know for everybody, when its Mark Hunter seeing something in a player, its a good thing

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

Maybe 2/3 of Nylander, Brown, and Kap graduate...a lot of young guys coming up otherwise.

Actually Tony Cameranesi is in his 4th year at UMD and graduates next season - Toninato was drafted a year later and is able to play his 4th year next fall.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Actually Tony Cameranesi is in his 4th year at UMD and graduates next season - Toninato was drafted a year later and is able to play his 4th year next fall.

I don't think Toninato is going to get more out of the college game...i'd sign him at the conclusion of this season.

Not that intrigued by Cameranesi.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Ya, I don't think Cameranesi has much of a future in Toronto. Toninato on the other hand could be an integral part of our team in the future.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

But we are also getting to decision time with guys like Leivo who will need to clear waivers next year, if Dzierkals dominates the Q a space will be found for him.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Ya, I don't think Cameranesi has much of a future in Toronto. Toninato on the other hand could be an integral part of our team in the future.

i think his ultimate potential would be a booth or mayray at best. he has the speed for sure. i'd give him a try on the marlies. i'd be intrigued if he could play with nylander or kapanen.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
After the draft i said it was a mistake to trade down the second time from 29 to 34. I didnt think a 68th overall pick return was good enough and i wanted to stay at 29 and select Jeremy Roy who ended up going 31. After seeing how Dzierkals has looked in rookie tournament and in the Q so far, i now really like him as a prospect and im happy with what we did at the draft.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
But we are also getting to decision time with guys like Leivo who will need to clear waivers next year, if Dzierkals dominates the Q a space will be found for him.

Yep and shame on me for forgetting but we also have Andreas Johnson to think about next year too.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Are you happy about Konency leading the OHL?

Won't that be great if Philly ends up with a player who is better than Marner? It is still way too early to know if Hunter made the right move. Whoever gets the best player wins a trade and right now Konency is that player and we will being playing against him for about 10 to 12 years. The Leafs no longer need more prospects with no size, eventually you just end up with too much of one thing. That being said , trading Konency could still end up being a huge mistake.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Won't that be great if Philly ends up with a player who is better than Marner? It is still way too early to know if Hunter made the right move. Whoever gets the best player wins a trade and right now Konency is that player and we will being playing against him for about 10 to 12 years. The Leafs no longer need more prospects with no size, eventually you just end up with too much of one thing. That being said , trading Konency could still end up being a huge mistake.

(Sigh)

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

LOL. Nice.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

your obvious hate for marner is obvious. Really why are you posting this non sense in every thread, are you really leaf fan. Your always trying to stir up controversy for no reason, and your wrong, the leafs made the right choice with marner and im happy with dermott, nielson, bracco

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

The pessimist in me would have been happier with Hanifin + Konecny.

But, i am confident in our guys

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

:laugh:

That was actually hilarious

Konecny is a rather small forward with average speed. He will be nothing special. Oh and let's not forget the concussion issues. There's a reason he fell

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010

Both Bracco and Dzierkals are going to be better NHL players than Konency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad