Prospect Info: Leafs pick #68 - Martins Dzierkals (F) HK Riga MHL 5'11" 169lbs

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He looked far more confident last night then he did at any point in the rookie tournament in my opinion. He wasn't bad at the tournament but he definitely had some puck handling issues and what not.

He should have a really good season.

w1kitklown*

2G, 2A, 1st Star

Highlights (#10 in Black):

how do they still have such low definiton video. could probably shoot the game with an iphone and it would be more high quality. but awesome game by dzierkals

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
how do they still have such low definiton video. could probably shoot the game with an iphone and it would be more high quality. but awesome game by dzierkals

i think it's shot by a small town beat writer for the huskies. i think it's funny that youtube thinks it's in 1080

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
So another 2 point night for Dzierkals ... and 10 points in 6 games in the Q?
I know it's early ... but this projects to a 113 point season ...

Not bad Mr. Dzierkals .... bot bad at all.
And I assume he is still adjusting to the NA game?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I forecasted a top 15 in scoring for Dzierkals. He's perfect for that league. Great skill level and skating ability.

He's a really dominate player for the Huskies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I forecasted a top 15 in scoring for Dzierkals. He's perfect for that league. Great skill level and skating ability.

He's a really dominate player for the Huskies.

Top 15 in scoring last year was only 87 points in 68 games, and includes guys like Sprong and Timashov who are in the same draft class as Dzierkals.

I expect Dzierkals (as well as Timashov and Sprong) to get 95+ points, and be firmly in the top 10.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
So ... 2 more goals for our boy tonight in a 3-0 shutout.
This kid is LIGHTING it up ... 18 points in 11 games ... 9 of them goals.

What a pick ...

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
So ... 2 more goals for our boy tonight in a 3-0 shutout.
This kid is LIGHTING it up ... 18 points in 11 games ... 9 of them goals.

What a pick ...

I'd like to see him continue this for a long stretch. They play about half the games in the MHL than in the Q. Could fatigue factor in? How does Dzierkals respond?

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
that scout that had marner and dzierkals at the same junior camp knew something.

this kid could be that home run we've been waiting for *fingers crossed*

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I'd like to see him continue this for a long stretch. They play about half the games in the MHL than in the Q. Could fatigue factor in? How does Dzierkals respond?

It certainly could become a factor down the stretch, but at least stamina is something he can work on. Can't teach the skill and determination this kid shows. So many times, when a European comes to the CHL, they have that adjustment period where they don't produce much, Dzierkals has just been fantastic right from the start. I'm still trying to keep my expectations relatively low, but he's got tons of raw talent.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Assuming Dzierkals keeps up his pace, who's a good comparable? Someone else of about his size scoring at 1.6PPG in their post draft year in the QMJHL.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Assuming Dzierkals keeps up his pace, who's a good comparable? Someone else of about his size scoring at 1.6PPG in their post draft year in the QMJHL.

In terms of just size and point production probably Marchand, Perrault, Palat, Duclair.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
IIRC, he's one of the three prospects we got for the 24th OA pick. Pretty nice to essentially turn Franson into Dermott, Bracco, and Dzierkals - all three have solid upside.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
IIRC, he's one of the three prospects we got for the 24th OA pick. Pretty nice to essentially turn Franson into Dermott, Bracco, and Dzierkals - all three have solid upside.

You have to LOVE our current management to have tried something like this. Hope we are rewarded with Dzierkals, he looks very special.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad