Confirmed with Link: Leafs/Oilers - Ross + 4th (107th overall) for Marincin

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Marincin isn't anything special. Looked the best when he was with Petry who was way undervalued in Edmonton. I'm guessing one of Erixon / Marincin start with the Marlies, especially with Granberg out to start the year. Is horrible on the right side. So don't expect him to be switched side wise.

Absolutely good with that. I hope they take their time with this dude because I find him VERY intriguing with that size, decent skating, and reasonable IQ.

Really, really fantastic trade; so pumped by this. Ross is a total bust- 4th liner if EDM is lucky, IMO

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Absolutely good with that. I hope they take their time with this dude because I find him VERY intriguing with that size, decent skating, and reasonable IQ.

Really, really fantastic trade; so pumped by this. Ross is a total bust- 4th liner if EDM is lucky, IMO

Both require waivers though unfortunatle i beleive

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
You guys got a very promising defensemen at unbelievable value.

The only reason that the Oilers moved him is because you have a log jam on the left side, so flipping him for Gryba who plays RD makes sense for the Oil.

Their left side is: UFA/Klefbom/Nurse/Reinhart right now. Marty would be the 5th guy in.

Good trade for Toronto, congrats guys.

EDIT: Oh and I'm an Oilers fan FYI

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
You guys got a very promising defensemen at unbelievable value.

The only reason that the Oilers moved him is because you have a log jam on the left side, so flipping him for Gryba who plays RD makes sense for the Oil.

Their left side is: UFA/Klefbom/Nurse/Reinhart right now. Marty would be the 5th guy in.

Good trade for Toronto, congrats guys.

EDIT: Oh and I'm an Oilers fan FYI

Brighter days are ahead for you Oilers fans :)

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
THe Edmonton media guy who was on TSN1050 this afternoon said Edmonton soured on Marincin because he played way too soft. He said it wasn't something like he wasn't physical enough, it was that he wouldn't compete in the corners for loose pucks. I'll reserve my judgment until I see him in a Leafs'/Marlies' uniform.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Brad Ross..... Was suspended 20 games for using PEDs and had signed in the DEL so perhaps Edmonton wanted to dump a contract and get a 4th?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
How much LD do we own now?

Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner
Dermott
Marincin
Percy
Brennan
Loov
Finn
Erixon
Valiev

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
As an oiler fan, I am not a fan of this deal. But, the backlog of defence necessitated a dump. I think you will be very happy with marincin.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So you're telling me our "inexperienced 29 year old" AGM pulled one over on the guy who regularly destroyed us in trades? Are we just competent now or is it the Edmonton effect where you lose the ability to win at anything?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
filepicker%2FTQxd7c9VRHyvdCbY2g3b_ski_mask.jpg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Marincin looked pretty damn good when he was paired with Petry in the 2013-14 season but 2014-15 was a bit of a disaster for him. He came into camp out of shape, got sent down to the AHL and ended up as a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs.

He has NHL skill but he's not physical what so ever, doesnt put up much offense and plays a little timid but I think he has potential to grow.

We have too many soft defenseman so I guess Chiarelli wanted to bring in Gryba to balance it out a bit. I think Gryba was his plan B after missing out on McQuiad.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Marincin looked pretty damn good when he was paired with Petry in the 2013-14 season but 2014-15 was a bit of a disaster for him. He came into camp out of shape, got sent down to the AHL and ended up as a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs.

He has NHL skill but he's not physical what so ever, doesnt put up much offense and plays a little timid but I think he has potential to grow.

We have too many soft defenseman so I guess Chiarelli wanted to bring in Gryba to balance it out a bit. I think Gryba was his plan B after missing out on McQuiad.

Yep and though I think we could have gotten more for him at the end of the day he couldn't hold on the spot on the Oilers... Aka the worst defense in the league. His compete level just isn't there.

For those who can't figure out why we traded him here it is: Oilers management was tired of his lack of commitment and also since he likely wasn't going to make the lineup in the fall (we have too many bottom pair dmen that are better or at least bring more to the table like Gryba with his physicallity) that means he would be put on waivers and likely taken for nothing. Chiarelli likely saw it as something is better than nothing.

Also everyone knows we've been shopping him and Chiarelli would have traded him or packaged him for a better pick or player if he could get a team to bite but no one was clearly that interested.

I wish him the best and hope he does well for you guys!

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

He had pretty terrific possession numbers playing really tough minutes, so not everything about his season was awful.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
There is no way the Leafs don't come out ahead. He is already an NHL defenceman but granted on one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

If he can manage to make our stacked AHL team I still say this is a win for us.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Happy to add him to the team - Ross is a complete write off and the 4th for a 23 year old player is favorable for us.

Sweet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad