Confirmed with Link: Leafs/Oilers - Ross + 4th (107th overall) for Marincin

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Congrats Leaf fans, we got fleeced! XD

MM is an average skater, good first pass, makes smarts plays, but has a limited hockey IQ. He should be a top 4 d-man if everything goes right but he could also bust IMO.

He had a very good showing 2 years ago but last season was disappointing for us.

No doubt, you guys made out like bandits here.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see you guys and the Flames go at it next season.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
CIhMve3UAAAUg2L.png

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not that I hate Marincin but the deal is intriguing .. Leafs are starting a rebuild so they must see something in him that says he could be a long-term piece on the blue line. Otherwise he's just roster filler over the next few years - acquiring that and giving up a pick that could be a good player in more distant future once the Leafs are through the rebuilding phase could be a waste.

At this point we need to hope that Marincin pans out as a solid player for the Leafs .. Enough so that even if he's not a long term core player, he returns more than a 4th rounder in the future

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dubas for GM. He doesn't look like a rookie. I bet we will never see the days of Clarkson signings and old veterans signed to 3-4 years deals under him. Dubas doesn't seem like someone who would get ripped off in trades like Boston's new GM.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Not that I hate Marincin but the deal is intriguing .. Leafs are starting a rebuild so they must see something in him that says he could be a long-term piece on the blue line. Otherwise he's just roster filler over the next few years - acquiring that and giving up a pick that could be a good player in more distant future once the Leafs are through the rebuilding phase could be a waste.

At this point we need to hope that Marincin pans out as a solid player for the Leafs .. Enough so that even if he's not a long term core player, he returns more than a 4th rounder in the future

Using a 4th to create depth for moves like say Gardiner or Phaneuf who will bring back better assets and 4ths as throw ins. I like it.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch · 5m5 minutes ago
The #Sens trade Gryba to Edmonton for No. 107 and Travis Ewanyk.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Pretty good, our defence is very bare-bones beyond Rielly and Phaneuf(who will most likely be traded). Include Gardiner as well but Im on the fence about that guy.

we have 3-4 slots to fill on defence at least, it needs a major overhaul in the long-term.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Good trade for us. No clue what EDM is doing this weekend. Traded good picks for Reinhart then swapped Marincin for Gryba

So in terms of U25 d-men fighting for the team next year we have Marincin, Erixon, Gardiner, Rielly, Percy, Macwilliam, Loov, Granberg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
True .. Seems like this is a precursor for another deal.

Leafs have a lot of blue liners now

I am fairly certain one of Phaneuf or Kessel are gone after July 1st. Anyone know the bonuses they get paid on that day?

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Pretty good, our defence is very bare-bones beyond Rielly and Phaneuf(who will most likely be traded). Include Gardiner as well but Im on the fence about that guy.

we have 3-4 slots to fill on defence at least, it needs a major overhaul in the long-term.

Agreed... we have a strong need to replace the 4-5-6 dmen long term too, guys who have size and can still move the puck, get involved the pk. Marincin can fit that mould.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad