Confirmed with Link: Leafs/Oilers - Ross + 4th (107th overall) for Marincin

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
For those interested.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...i-an-individual-player-does-not-have-a-corsi/

The biggest shock when the Edmonton Oilers announced their final cuts before the regular season was the team sending defenceman Martin Marincin down to Oklahoma City.

Marincin is a long, lean and smooth young hockey player, who started out strong last season as a rookie after a mid-season call-up to the Oilers, then faded badly as the season went along. Nonetheless, when Marincin was on the ice, the Oilers outshot their opponents far more than the team did when he wasn’t on the ice. In the eyes of some folks, that means Marincin is a strong performer and a better player right now than Justin Schultz.

In that regard, Corsi analysts will tell you that Marincin’s Corsi (shots-at-net plus-minus) relative to his team was the third best in the entire National Hockey League for defencemen who played more than 40 games last year, behind only two Calgary Flames d-men, Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Marincin has been a good defensive possession D-man despite playing really tough minutes. I'd say that he's about a #5 D-man right now, with potential to become better.

Edmonton screwed up.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Dubas for GM. He doesn't look like a rookie. I bet we will never see the days of Clarkson signings and old veterans signed to 3-4 years deals under him. Dubas doesn't seem like someone who would get ripped off in trades like Boston's new GM.

He's been impressing me so far. We'll see how he handles the Muskoka Four situation to be sure of his competence. I have faith though and depending on the returns I wouldn't have a problem with him being named GM in the future.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Corsi analysts will tell you that Marincin’s Corsi (shots-at-net plus-minus) relative to his team was the third best in the entire National Hockey League for defencemen who played more than 40 games last year, behind only two Calgary Flames d-men, Mark Giordano and T.J. Brodie.

Dubas

They've got their guy in Dellow who should be keep them briefed with this info.

Very nice trade, A change of scenery could be what is needed.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What I am curious -
can we work it out that we pay the bonuses? (but not retain?)

there has to be a way for that - i don't even mind if we get cap-hit for it, but if that's the "ugh" i bet we can work around that

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How did we get Marincin here? Weren't Edmonton fanboys hyping him up to be a real defenseman for them?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He is. He's an NHLer now with middle pairing upside. How we got him for basically a fourth is beyond me.

The trades this weekend have been weird.

from everything I am hearing - this is very much like Stralman, just simply haven't grown into his body.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Am I the only one that sees this and thinks the writing might be on the wall for Jake Gardiner?

Rielly, Erixon, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Polak, Robidas, Percy, Marincin, anybody else?

Gardiner seems like the perfect mix of contract and ability that pushes a trade into a mega trade and gets max return.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Why are the Oilers trading a D?

probably because they now also have Reinhart/Gryba and Nurse might be on the team next year aswell. but with this move and then flipping the pick to Ottawa for Gryba they obviously feel Gryba is the superior Dmen or atleast cheaper? Marincin is an RFA maybe he's asking for to much money?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Am I the only one that sees this and thinks the writing might be on the wall for Jake Gardiner?

Rielly, Erixon, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Polak, Robidas, Percy, Marincin, anybody else?

Gardiner seems like the perfect mix of contract and ability that pushes a trade into a mega trade and gets max return.

Depends. Gardiner also seem like the one who has the lowest value to impact right now as well. But who knows how the actual GMs value him.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Marincin isn't anything special. Looked the best when he was with Petry who was way undervalued in Edmonton. I'm guessing one of Erixon / Marincin start with the Marlies, especially with Granberg out to start the year. Is horrible on the right side. So don't expect him to be switched side wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: