Sportsnet: Leafs meeting with DeKeyser [Signs with DET]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I for one, thought he had played solid every time he was in the line-up this year.

You'd be correct, sir.
People are definitely throwing him under the bus. I know I did but I also admit he was being over utilized and put in a slot he's not best suited. Let's be realistic for a moment. Korbinian Holzer is not a top pairing man, neither is he a top 4 guy. He's that excellent bottom pairing reliable shut down man who can log minutes in the PK and step in to be that 4th possible defensemen when injuries are hitting your team hard.

We were talking about Komisarek there LR.

images

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
It sounds just like Holzer's scouting report last year lol.

And lol at anyone who brings up what he's done this year. Last year there were so many that were saying that Holzer could easily replace Schenn, that he was so much more mobile and moves the puck better. And now they're the same people that are calling him trash. So because some fancy prospect is playing great in the NCAA that automatically makes him a better prospect than Holzer? Holzer dominated the AHL(a much more talented league than the NCAA) last year and was an absolute beast in the playoffs en-route to a Marlies Calder Cup final.

Not trying to trash the kid, just saying not to get all exited about the new toy on the market because you're likely going to want to throw it out in the next year or 2.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Hey guys, I have a solution to all the Leafs problems:

Let's add more defenseman.

We addressed the situation in 2010
We addressed the situation in 2011
We addressed the situation in 2012
We addressed the situation in 2013
We addressed the situation in 2014
We addressed the situation in 2015
We addressed the situation in 2016...:shakehead

Did I fall asleep for 3 years or something?

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
you can never have too many dmen. All therse free agents cost is money and that is something we have plenty of. Deal from strengths you will always succeed

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Since when have these 'free-wallets' amounted to much?

Heard that about Gustavsson, Brunstrom, Gilroy, Bozak, Rynnas, Cervenka, Hanson, all them really.

For Toronto, the big ones have worked out pretty well.

Hits: Bozak, Scrivens
Misses: Gustavsson, Rynnas

You could add the likes of Hanson, Mueller, Irwin to the list but they were much less hyped guys who signed for cheaper.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Actually with all the depth...

His odds here aren't that good.Gardiner,Reilly,Finn ,maybe Blacker.He won't sign here.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

Heard that about Gustavsson, Brunstrom, Gilroy, Bozak, Rynnas, Cervenka, Hanson, all them really.

Well, whether you like Bozak or not (I'm assuming you don't), he's currently centering 1st line and holds positive trade value. I'd consider that amounting to something. Not bad for a free player.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

Brunner, MSL, Burroughs, Kunitz, Fasth, Girardi. Yes many and even most dont work out but some do and they cost you nothing but money to acquire.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Well, whether you like Bozak or not (I'm assuming you don't), he's currently centering 1st line and holds positive trade value. I'd consider that amounting to something. Not bad for a free player.

I don't dislike Bozak. I think he can be more effective when playing against lesser stringent competition. He's just not being put in a role where both he and the Leafs are succeeding. He's no better than a 3rd line or 4th line center on real teams who are considered contenders.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tyler Bozak is our #1C....

Although he is more of #2/#3 hybrid... he came for free from the college route.

If we can get this kid, and he plays well in the NHL as a 6th defenseman, it's still great. Anything more is gravy

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Tyler Bozak is our #1C....

Although he is more of #2/#3 hybrid... he came for free from the college route.

If we can get this kid, and he plays well in the NHL as a 6th defenseman, it's still great. Anything more is gravy

That's my approach to these players.

They cost nothing but money; And this organization has a abundance of it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brunner, MSL, Burroughs, Kunitz, Fasth, Girardi. Yes many and even most dont work out but some do and they cost you nothing but money to acquire.

It's interesting the ones who don't get a lot of advanced hype are the good free wallets, but the high profile ones like Gustavsson, Gilroy, Brunnstrom are the ones who seem to bust.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I don't dislike Bozak. I think he can be more effective when playing against lesser stringent competition. He's just not being put in a role where both he and the Leafs are succeeding. He's no better than a 3rd line or 4th line center on real teams who are considered contenders.

Totally missed the point bud. Free asset who has held positive value during his entire tenure here. Can't go wrong with these college FA signings. I can't imagine why anyone would be against them, unless of course you're the one cutting the cheque?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad