false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Holzer:

Pylon.jpg

DeKeyser:

RachelLewis-CCHAChampionshipGame-Michigan-WMU-03172012-4.jpg

Can you discern the difference?

Hint: one of them is a hockey player!

That was hilarious man. You're a funny guy.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Holzer:

Pylon.jpg

DeKeyser:

RachelLewis-CCHAChampionshipGame-Michigan-WMU-03172012-4.jpg

Can you discern the difference?

Hint: one of them is a hockey player!
I'm sure you've seen the kid play a ton! Either way, one bad game for DeKeyser and you'd just replace his picture with a pylon as well, before out looking for the next young guy to praise.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
That was hilarious man. You're a funny guy.

^I hope you're kidding. Holzer ****ing sucks. He's been up here for a good part of the season and boy did he look out of place. He was nothing but a liability for us. Him and Kotska.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

^I hope you're kidding. Holzer ****ing sucks. He's been up here for a good part of the season and boy did he look out of place. He was nothing but a liability for us. Him and Kotska.

You got me. I was kidding. You're not funny at all ;)

I'll let someone else explain to you why it it's quite predictable for a d-man prospect with less than 25 games of NHL experience to struggle in his first extended call-up.

Last edited:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You got me. I was kidding. You're not funny at all ;)

I'll let someone else explain to you why it it's quite predictable for d-man prospect with less than 25 games of NHL experience to struggle in his first extended call-up.
Especially because he thinks that the kid with 0 NHL games experience will automatically be better, for whatever reason.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He's going to get an equal ELC contract from every team, so the pushing point will be perks. IE, chance to play in the NHL among other things. So whoever gets this guy will probably have him in their starting lineup....not something I'd be particularly thrilled about to be honest.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012

Wow. Last year everybody was touting Holzer as NHL ready and that he would be a steady defenseman. One year later and Holzer is a pylon? At 25 years old?

Icing on the cake is that you are just as quick to praise DeKeyser despite the fact that he has not played a single NHL game. :help:

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Wow. Last year everybody was touting Holzer as NHL ready and that he would be a steady defenseman. One year later and Holzer is a pylon? At 25 years old?

Icing on the cake is that you are just as quick to praise DeKeyser despite the fact that he has not played a single NHL game. :help:

Well, after seeing the way Holzer played, I would have imagined that most of us wouldn't hesitate to equate the guy to a pylon. He was nothing buy a liability. Some players aren't made for the NHL, simple as that.

You take a guy like Gardiner. Even though he was a rookie last year, he showed signs of brilliance, and things that we can look forward to. You simply don't play half a season in the NHL and be a ****** player in every single game.

That is why I think Holzer = pylon. And anything that looks like a hockey player, is wearing hockey equipment, should in theory be better than said pylon.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
He's going to Detroit or Edmonton IMO

Imagine a future pairing of Rielly/Gardiner - DeKeyser

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think we could get him. If they lay out a plan that sees him start in the AHL just to get used to our system, and then brought up. Along with laying out how big of a piece he will be to our D core in the future with Rielly, Gardiner, Franson and Phaneuf.

I think we could snag him. However my money is on Detroit

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
He's going to Detroit, no one get excited here

And it's not like he's Justin Schultz, he might turn out to be a #4 dman if everything goes well for him. This is not a top pairing guy.

JMcLeaf

Our defensive depth, including our prospects, will likely scare him off. If he's basing his decision on opportunity to play, then Edmonton would make the most sense.

Haven't really been following the situation, but anytime I check in it seems like everyone says Detroit will get him.

ThirdRowGreens

Nov 18, 2011
Ottawa
Well, after seeing the way Holzer played, I would have imagined that most of us wouldn't hesitate to equate the guy to a pylon. He was nothing buy a liability. Some players aren't made for the NHL, simple as that.

You take a guy like Gardiner. Even though he was a rookie last year, he showed signs of brilliance, and things that we can look forward to. You simply don't play half a season in the NHL and be a ****** player in every single game.

That is why I think Holzer = pylon. And anything that looks like a hockey player, is wearing hockey equipment, should in theory be better than said pylon.

You must have been really upset and confused when the Leafs signed Holzer to his 2-year extension the other week, eh?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I highly doubt we convince him we have room in our defense for him to play. Specially after the way we handled Komisarek.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Hey guys, I have a solution to all the Leafs problems:

Let's add more defenseman.

We addressed the situation in 2010
We addressed the situation in 2011
We addressed the situation in 2012
We addressed the situation in 2013
We addressed the situation in 2014
We addressed the situation in 2015
We addressed the situation in 2016...:shakehead

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Even if the Leafs don't get him, it still refreshing to see that they are at least in the college FA mix. I think this is the first such FA that the Leafs have been even linked to (in rumors) this year when many other teams have already made signing announcements.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I highly doubt we convince him we have room in our defense for him to play. Specially after the way we handled Komisarek.

Yea we only gave him three years to prove himself. Everyone knows that a player won't be able to play his best until he's afforded at least four complete years of no consequence screwing up.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011

You'd turn down a free prospect in DeKeyser?

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver

I missed the part where someone claimed DeKeyser was the solution to all our problems.

Or do you suggest that we just stop signing defencemen?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yea we only gave him three years to prove himself. Everyone knows that a player won't be able to play his best until he's afforded at least four complete years of no consequence screwing up.

I for one, thought he had played solid every time he was in the line-up this year.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I for one, thought he had played solid every time he was in the line-up this year.

People are definitely throwing him under the bus. I know I did but I also admit he was being over utilized and put in a slot he's not best suited. Let's be realistic for a moment. Korbinian Holzer is not a top pairing man, neither is he a top 4 guy. He's that excellent bottom pairing reliable shut down man who can log minutes in the PK and step in to be that 4th possible defensemen when injuries are hitting your team hard.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005

Yes, in fact a team should take defensemen every year, likewise forwards and goalies regularly. A good team takes every opportunity to keep the system well stocked.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
People are definitely throwing him under the bus. I know I did but I also admit he was being over utilized and put in a slot he's not best suited. Let's be realistic for a moment. Korbinian Holzer is not a top pairing man, neither is he a top 4 guy. He's that excellent bottom pairing reliable shut down man who can log minutes in the PK and step in to be that 4th possible defensemen when injuries are hitting your team hard.

We were talking about Komisarek there LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00