Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to the canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Zaitsev just has zero composure with the puck.
Whether its when he has to make a breakout pass or when he's in the corner with a oncoming forechecker, his panic level is at a 100.
Was willing to give it some time because of his injury and some other stuff people talked about on here but hes seriously underwhelming.

On the game itself. Not really that worried considering how much hockey we've played lately, a long road trip and a big home game against the Metro leader.

This game always had big letdown spot written all over it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Zaitsev just has zero composure with the puck.
Whether its when he has to make a breakout pass or when he's in the corner with a oncoming forechecker, his panic level is at a 100.
Was willing to give it some time because of his injury and some other stuff people talked about on here but hes seriously underwhelming.

On the game itself. Not really that worried considering how much hockey we've played lately, a long road trip and a big home game against the Metro leader.

This game always had big letdown spot written all over it.
Zaitsev isn't bad when the other team has the puck, but he's beyond useless when either he or a teammate has the puck. considering the Leafs want to play by having the puck as much as possible, it makes having a player like him pretty counterproductive

Reactions: weems

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Just got home from I was doing a project, Missed the whole game . I didn't get to shave today :(I'm starting to think this isn't just fluky. My razors going in the hockey hall of fame

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
while Kadri has been suffocating our offense
Got news for you; this isn't a one-time thing. Kadri has been pretty good at killing any kind of positivity related to anyone who plays with him pretty much since he got to Toronto in 2013. Wingers playing on Kadri's line frequently have problems with cold streaks, and the only one I can think of in the last 5 years who is a major exception is Mitch Marner... Mostly because Marner is good at passing and Kadri is good at shooting, so it kind of works. Fact is, Kadri needs someone who can set him up on his line, because as a setup man himself, he's abysmal. And Kapanen and Marleau don't really work...

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Kadri is awesome, lay off the resin hits dude.

this team is really good and only getting better. you guys just need to chill out.

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Boys have looked out of sorts since coming back from California. Not totally unexpected. Next game will be another tough one. Columbus has had 3 days to rest and think about the loss on Monday to us. Need a much better start and for the second and third lines to be better than they have tonight.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Got news for you; this isn't a one-time thing. Kadri has been pretty good at killing any kind of positivity related to anyone who plays with him pretty much since he got to Toronto in 2013. Wingers playing on Kadri's line frequently have problems with cold streaks, and the only one I can think of in the last 5 years who is a major exception is Mitch Marner... Mostly because Marner is good at passing and Kadri is good at shooting, so it kind of works. Fact is, Kadri needs someone who can set him up on his line, because as a setup man himself, he's abysmal. And Kapanen and Marleau don't really work...
Komarov has as many goals and more assists 5-on-5 than Kadri.
And is +5 to Kadri's -8.

Reactions: Pookie

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009

this team is really good and only getting better. you guys just need to chill out.

No, we have to win ALL the games.

Aside from that Boston game, great and long run of good play and good luck - we were what, 6-1 in the last seven games and allowed more than two goals twice? No Matthews, no Nylander.

That California trip and then just two days off for Columbus is a hard stretch, they've played what five in eight? Even after this game if I'm Babs I let the boys rest a day in Raleigh before going to Columbus Thursday evening.

Stop slagging Kadri because he's had a few bad games. He plays with an edge, his numbers are good and he's got one of the best contracts in the league. Of course I would ship him for a Paryako or a Slavin, but definitely not for a Manson or a Pesce.

We were due a bad game, it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beaninfritz

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Just got home from I was doing a project, Missed the whole game . I didn't get to shave today :(I'm starting to think this isn't just fluky. My razors going in the hockey hall of fame

If you can provide clear cut video evidence of you shaving before every Leafs game, and they win every game that you were clean shaven for, I will give you my eternal soul.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
If you can provide clear cut video evidence of you shaving before every Leafs game, and they win every game that you were clean shaven for, I will give you my eternal soul.
LOL i'll do it just for you big guy. my lady has been chirping me for the past 4 hours on how its my fault the leafs lost & and im a lazy ass hole for not doing it before i left this morning

Reactions: Beaninfritz

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007

Did not think the team play poorly. The real problem was that Leafs were getting dominated on the boards battle. The Ds ringed the puck around the boards and it would be picked off by a Cans' player :popcorn:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I was watching at a bar with a dead phone.

What was the opinion here in that first goal where, it looked to me, the Canes slashed Andy’s blocker off before scoring. The entire bar was bewildered that the goal counted. And I was in Vancouver, not Toronto.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
LOL i'll do it just for you big guy. my lady has been chirping me for the past 4 hours on how its my fault the leafs lost & and im a lazy ass hole for not doing it before i left this morning
Okay. I just want to make it clear. It has to be for EVERY game. The evidence must be clear cut. Timestamped videos with at least one other person present. Every video must start and end at different times and angles. Oh, and a view of outside is key. They don't have to be outdoors, but I need to see some changing scenery or else it's not legit.

If you can make that happen, my eternal soul is yours. Some may say I'm being demanding, but this is my eternal soul I'm putting up for grabs here. I need to take precautions in making sure it goes to the right god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad