Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to the canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Meh, a deserved loss, it happens

Sometimes the other team is just better on the night, I wouldn't mind seeing us start on time in the next game though

That first period was a hard watch
Yeah. Geez, like Carolina had like 29,000 shots or something. But yes, it sucked.

Reactions: Kiwi

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't sleep on Detroit either.

I thought we were supposed to be a contender. Why are we worried about bottom feeders like Florida and Detroit? I am pretty sure at the end of the season, both of those teams will finish somewhere between 25 and 31 overall. That's where they are right now. We are contending for 1st place in the league. I don't give those teams a second thought.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I thought we were supposed to be a contender. Why are we worried about bottom feeders like Florida and Detroit? I am pretty sure at the end of the season, both of those teams will finish somewhere between 25 and 31 overall. That's where they are right now. We are contending for 1st place in the league. I don't give those teams a second thought.
haha read my post after the one u quoted me lol. watched them beat boston, and got a little too pumped after they won lmao.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Will this coaching staff ever learn that having two wingers high up the zone puck-watching when they should be defending is an awful idea? It's like being short-handed every time the other team gets a cycle going.

Also, Kadri had just an awful game imo. They were gifted life in the 2nd period down only 1 goal and just didn't have the offensive depth to do anything with it.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Andersen only let in 3. Your bitterness towards Sparks is sad.
Im not bitter against Sparks.

Im bitter against the overplaying of Andersen last year and again this year. Sparks should be starting more.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
always sucks losing to a dumpster team but oh well, happens. I guarantee we win that with matthews in the lineup.

Reactions: CarolinaCaniac

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm way more concerned with Tampa,, Boston, and Buffalo.

The whole division will be close most of the season making divisional games extremely important. I hope the Leafs and the rest of the division, for that matter, develop a little hatred towards each other because so far they’ve all been pathetic to watch this season.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
There was rubber going everywhere, I was happy we were only down 2-1 after the 1st

That showed some resiliency I think
The Leafs are being a little too cutesy with the puck (aka Hainsey PK "clear") because they are getting big heads. They got away with it but now teams are starting to catch on. Sometimes you have to make the simple play to survive for later.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Will this coaching staff ever learn that having two wingers high up the zone puck-watching when they should be defending is an awful idea? It's like being short-handed every time the other team gets a cycle going.

Also, Kadri had just an awful game imo. They were gifted life in the 2nd period down only 1 goal and just didn't have the offensive depth to do anything with it.
Wait...we don't have OFFENSIVE depth? Sit down, son before you fall over from the lack of oxygen you're obviously suffering from.

Reactions: NCoRe

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
The ice is probably the worst in the league. Not great for our team and probably the reason why they just shoot from everywhere. Hard to make plays.

Yeah, looked like a home game with the puck bouncing around like a tennis ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad