Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to the canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The Leafs are being a little too cutesy with the puck (aka Hainsey PK "clear") because they are getting big heads. They got away with it but now teams are starting to catch on. Sometimes you have to make the simple play to survive for later.

They just looked flat, they came out bad but managed to pull themselves into the game but you could see it wasn't going to be there night imo

Just not sharp enough, sometimes a deserved loss isn't the worst thing to tighten up the mental game

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Playing way over their heads - will come crashing back down soon enough. Goal differential of like +5. Not sustainable

Only five teams have a higher goal differential than they do. If they’re going to fall because of it they’re going to get caught in a safety net.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Can you guys believe that Hainsey was once Carolina's best defenseman? Sad t osee he has fallen off so much.

He's still pretty good.

He faces harder comp than almost any dman in the league and has been a great stopgap for us until we get a long term RHD to play with Rielly. Easily worth his salary.

Once is a while makes a mistake but who doesnt right?

Reactions: NCoRe

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I have no doubt Nylander would be the canes leading scorer and we were missing Matthews as well. Almost hung in there for a point but that puck luck was garbage tonight.

Reactions: Jacquestrapless

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
He's still pretty good.

He faces harder comp than almost any dman in the league and has been a great stopgap for us until we get a long term RHD to play with Rielly. Easily worth his salary.

Once is a while makes a mistake but who doesnt right?

I'm glad to hear it. Always liked him. Had no idea he was on the Leafs. When did you pick him up?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I'm glad to hear it. Always liked him. Had no idea he was on the Leafs. When did you pick him up?

Signed him after he won the cup with the Pens and has played with Rielly ever since.

Rielly loves him and there has been huge growth in his game.

Perfect vet addition to the young core at the time.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hope Dubas didn't make a Nylander trade bet with the Canes on this game. :sarcasm:

29 shots in the first period, 2 in the 2nd is impressive, that's hard to do, I ain't even mad.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
We seem to lose more to Carolina than we should given their annual suckiness. I have no stats to back this up.
Someone posted it in the GDT that all-time the Leafs are really bad against the Canes. The losing percentages against Buffalo, Carolina and Philly I think it was was pretty bad. Again, that's all time though.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Marner shines 90% of the time so gets a pass for looking off tonight...

My bone to pick is Kadri, Guy cannot. CANNOT take a pass on the tape anymore, it fumbles or is 8 feet wide. Play is dead instantly with him.
Out of position on almost every play, and a step behind.
Had like 3 open lanes to shoot from a nice pass, and he mishandles it each time, or fumbled his skates.

Hes been meh all year, and last 2 games in each period guy has looked like the worst leaf.

I'd fine with Ennis getting promoted at this point - giving the leafs life, while Kadri has been suffocating our offense.

endrant....

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Marner shines 90% of the time so gets a pass for looking off tonight...

My bone to pick is Kadri, Guy cannot. CANNOT take a pass on the tape anymore, it fumbles or is 8 feet wide. Play is dead instantly with him.
Out of position on almost every play, and a step behind.
Had like 3 open lanes to shoot from a nice pass, and he mishandles it each time, or fumbled his skates.

Hes been meh all year, and last 2 games in each period guy has looked like the worst leaf.

I'd fine with Ennis getting promoted at this point - giving the leafs life, while Kadri has been suffocating our offense.

endrant....
I never liked Kadri - like him even less now lol - always standing around - Ennis much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland