Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Leafs were flat and the goaltending was not NHL caliber last night. Ultimately a goalie can have a few stinkers a year and it doesn’t really matter. Freddie has not looked great recently and he has not looked great in the playoffs. I’m fearful for this teams chances without a different stopper in place.

That said, virtually no team wins without superb goaltending. It takes a really high standard to survive the way every team can shoot it.

We have won more than our fair share of games this season without superb goaltending. Even with average goaltending, our recent record would look a whole lot different.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
This is the worst I’ve felt watching this team over the last two years.

I have 0 faith in Andersen.

They simply need a better goaltender. Andersen is not the answer.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Exactly this.

Save the "duh did you watch the game?" ********* people.

Yes I watched the game, I regret it though, as a bettor I did cover the Over 6.5 so I did make some money out of it. Yes Andersen had a **** game and shouldnt have been in their after the 6th goal.

Lets also try pointing fingers after the 5 pylons in front of him and the lack of support from them.

Lost count how many times Matthews had a chance to shoot but he did his stupid little fancy drag of the puck and it was taken away or off a skate.

You're down 6-2 SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!!!!!

Nylander was left out in front and shot it wide of the net.

My God people, get off Andersen's *** and look at the bigger picture.
I'm looking at the picture, and I see a five-hole with pucks whizzing through.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm looking at the picture, and I see a five-hole with pucks whizzing through.

Picture-5.png

Reactions: Lenovs

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That's just you clinging on to an irrelevant past. That emotional and monetary investment was your choice. Nothing about this team has anything to do with any of those times. If you don't like the Leafs anymore, move on. If you do want to follow the Leafs, then follow the Leafs, and stop bashing them and talking about things 50 years in the past.

These current players do not have a time machine. What has happened has happened. What we have now is a great core, that has a good chance to compete and potentially win for many years to come.

Except it's not realism. It's not based in any truth or fact; it's just your negative ramblings based on your opinion heavily tainted by the past that you can't let go.

How entitled.

Why not just ignore versus lecture?

Its an internet discussion forum. People are bound to have different opinions - no big wup.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs were flat and the goaltending was not NHL caliber last night. Ultimately a goalie can have a few stinkers a year and it doesn’t really matter. Freddie has not looked great recently and he has not looked great in the playoffs. I’m fearful for this teams chances without a different stopper in place.

That said, virtually no team wins without superb goaltending. It takes a really high standard to survive the way every team can shoot it.

Worst part is this is 3 games after the Florida debacle, and even the New Jersey "redemption" game was basically a 7-4 tire fire goaltending wise in the third period.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Why didn't you just ignore?
Its an internet discussion forum. People are bound to have different opinions - no big wup.
Yes, and sometimes those opinions are blatantly and factually wrong, and sometimes they are entirely transparent and consistent as being anti-Leaf, which doesn't belong on the Leaf forum.

Reactions: The Apologist

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as you are willing to defend it.
Blaming a group of 20 year olds and a management team thats been here for what, five years? For shit that happened 40 years ago is non sensical.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Why didn't you just ignore?

Yes, and sometimes those opinions are blatantly and factually wrong, and sometimes they are entirely transparent and consistent as being anti-Leaf, which doesn't belong on the Leaf forum.

I do (virtually always). You make lots of those kind of posts.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as you are willing to defend it.
Blaming a group of 20 year olds and a management team thats been here for what, five years? For **** that happened 40 years ago is non sensical.

People get frustrated, & they vent.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don't blame the players. They never had a chance of winning that game with that level of goaltending.

I really hope Freddy comes back reinvigorated after the break or we're in trouble.

Andersen's in this funk where he's sapping the team's momentum at every turn

Last night it seemed like every time we were finally starting to take it to Chicago Andersen would f*** it all up by letting in another softie.

This break may have come at a great time. I've read a lot of praise about the other team's goalie in GDT's lately, no - they're just goalies performing up to par, which looks amazing compared to our goalie being total shit.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
People get frustrated, & they vent.
Understandable, I've made a few myself and generally am willing to admit to doing so once calmer heads prevail. However some tend to make more of those than others. Some tend to make ONLY those and ONLY after losses.
Regardless even in frustration you can be called out for nonsensical opinions.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think if there's one thing that needs to be acknowledged - it's how important the Muzzin-Holl pairing is for us. We have no other pairing to bury with defensive zone starts and not get slaughtered.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Understandable, I've made a few myself and generally am willing to admit to doing so once calmer heads prevail. However some tend to make more of those than others. Some tend to make ONLY those and ONLY after losses.
Regardless even in frustration you can be called out for nonsensical opinions.
I agree.

Reactions: The Apologist

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Were not in a terrible spot right now, recent play is concerning but Dubas needs to trade for a d-man before the season completely goes off the rails. With Muzzin and Moe being hurt, if he doesn't acquire someone that can actually play the game, we will be in trouble.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Relax people, this team is young still. They have not hit their bottom yet. They need some good a$$ kickins to learn

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I have whoever you responded to ignored so not sure who it is but even with a few of the worst offenders in here on ignore, every thread seems to devolve into tit-for-tat arguments that no one can ever let go. Not a big deal, I just scroll past but it's an interesting look into the human psyche.

Reactions: LeafsRus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad