Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs fans about to go crazy on this team having to watch them lose 5/6 going into like 10 days off.

....Run

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
upload_2020-1-18_21-42-28.jpeg

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We were out of this early with the brutal goals against.

Need to get Andy right and at least 1 LD healthy.

Going to be a really interesting finish to the season.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Ideally we have more of a full team when the break is over.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Need to get a real starting goalie before trade deadline..its more improrant than getting D or backup goalie, we need a real starting goalie. Its embarrassing that Andersen is going to the all star game just bc he was leading the league in wins, eventho half of those wins were him getting carried. We not going anywhere in the playoffs either with this guy in net, he is borderline starting goalie. Way to inconsistent and chokes under smallest pressure to be a regular starting goalie imo.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When the Leafs win it’s like a party and when they lose it’s a complete train wreck.

Sometimes it’s effort level, sometimes it’s specific players and sometimes it’s the system.

Great teams will win in business like fashion and quietly and efficiently and until the Leafs figure out that gear they have no hope at contention and maybe no hope at even making the playoffs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
While Andersen did look horrible on the 1st, 2nd and 4th goals against, this is what I thought the turning point was.

When the ref didn't call that penalty where Johnsson was tripped and a few shifts later they called the delayed penalty on Engvall which should not have been called if they didn't call the earlier trip, chances are Toews doesn't score and the game remains 1-0.

At least Kane didn't get his 1000 point because you know that Jim Hughson was hoping to see it happen.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Hard to stay motivated when your goalie throws the game in the first dozen shots

They're professional athletes, they shouldn't need anything to be "motivated." Show up and do your job like the rest of us. I'm a professional as well, and if I let someone else throw me off, I'm getting fired and sued.

Freddy singlehandedly kept the team alive for 1.5 months, the skaters should have appropriate perspective.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When the Leafs win it’s like a party and when they lose it’s a complete train wreck.

Sometimes it’s effort level, sometimes it’s specific players and sometimes it’s the system.

Great teams will win in business like fashion and quietly and efficiently and until the Leafs figure out that gear they have no hope at contention and maybe no hope at even making the playoffs.
Things were a lot worse when we had a coach who wanted a business like 2-1 win every night. Let's not paint the whole team with blame when one player deserves it

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
And also, can we please keep Dion away from the Leafs?

Dion has nothing to do with the performance of this team
Let's not deviate from the actual problem

We knew about the Leafs D problem 3 years ago. We knew about our backup goalie since last December
These are self inflicted wounds

it doesn't help when your top 2 D are out

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Need to get a real starting goalie before trade deadline..its more improrant than getting D or backup goalie, we need a real starting goalie. Its embarrassing that Andersen is going to the all star game just bc he was leading the league in wins, eventho half of those wins were him getting carried. We not going anywhere in the playoffs either with this guy in net, he is borderline starting goalie. Way to inconsistent and chokes under smallest pressure to be a regular starting goalie imo.
Dubas hasn't even managed to get a backup goalie during his tenure. We'll be waiting a long time for him to find a starting goalie

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's just really disappointing.

It almost feels like we lack any kind of pride. We watch other teams turn it way up when needed, our team seems to just call it a night many times.

Even though it is a different sport, look at the Raptors. They have WAY more injuries than us, but just keep winning (for the most part) and turn it up when needed. I know a single player has a larger imprint on the game in the NBA, but I would settle for us simply having pride in our game.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dion has nothing to do with the performance of this team
Let's not deviate from the actual problem

We knew about the Leafs D problem 3 years ago. We knew about our backup goalie since last December
These are self inflicted wounds

it doesn't help when your top 2 D are out

I’m not totally serious about Dion Phaneuf, but it doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies seeing reminders of that era.

Reactions: Tlo1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->