Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Have you seriously played a sport above house league? I'm genuinely asking. I've played D1 baseball and played AAU basketball and that **** is common place.

It's not something novel. You might cry if you ever sat courtside at an NBA game lmao
Nice D1 Basketball! Thats awesome, that would be sweet to live. Getting to into it isnt the best idea, so lets agree to disagree

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I do like how emotionally dejected that Tavares and Matthews are in their post-game interviews. It means that our players still give a shit. Hopefully, they start competing more frequently and amp things up for playoff time.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
the way babcock uses him and never scratches him you would think he is at least a 2nd pick for sure

I genuinely liked Babcock and feel like I tried to support him, but I'm honestly just not a fan of the guy.

I feel like he doesn't mesh with the team, I feel like the team as a whole just doesn't jive all the time. The team wins on pure skill from their superstars. He cares too much about hard-checking shitty wingers, because he probably was a player that lacked offence and thought the only thing that mattered was trying hard. I don't think that attitude rubs off on this team, even though I love Hyman.

How on earth is Brown playing above Ennis and Moore. Those guys create chances. There are more examples but that's a good one.

I hope he's fired after we have a shitty playoffs, because we will. The team this year has been carried on the back of Anderson, combined with some crazy offensive efforts (some nights Tavares, Marner, Matthews). As a whole we just aren't that good.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Yikes. Someone you kids better hope to get jobs in cubicles. If you can’t take being yelled at or chirped.

Reactions: yubbers

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Did I expect this? No. Am I surprised though? Not really

Tampa are the vastly superior team in every regard.

-Better coach
-Better players
-Better GM
-Better mentality

The thing with us is that we've decided to go with a forward heavy team and invest most of our cap there. So for us to be successful we need our forwards to play to their cap hit and carry us each and every single night.

Reality is most of our big forwards either are or are going to be overpaid and aren't as good as Leafs fans projected. That leaves us in a tough spot.

pretty much. This team will go as far as the high AAV stars take them; if they sulk and shy away from contact I don't see this team getting out of 2nd round ever (unless Freddie goes beast mode)

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
you have no evidence it's him. So maybe cool your jets. You also started it by saying you think he'll get 2 games. then followed with i dunno if he;ll get games but it's not a good look. Save your cringy virtue signalling for FB. **** gets said in the heat of battle. If he did say it, it's not the best choice of words. But nothing to freak out over. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never been in the heat of battle for anything?
Holy shit the SJW's have been politicizing every thread tonight.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
True... The early 2000s Joe Sakic the friendliest player in the game, but that Colorado team also had Forsberg the meanest player in the game, and Foote and Blake the toughest guys in the game, Lemieux the dirtiest player in the game. And then Hedjuk and Tanguay were so gentlemanly.... I thought they had one of the best teams of all time because they had a mix of everything. This team is one dimensional and every guy is the same soft or friendly player... save 1 or 2. You cant win with a team with only friendly, nice players, non-physical players... One dimensional team was assembled c'mon Dubas

Even the Tampa Bay Lightning were respectably tough tonight. They stood their ground, dug in corners, threw the body to disrupt, drove into high traffic areas, made little after the whistle taps, all the normal stuff you need to do in a contact sport that some people think we've evolved out of.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
That video is not conclusive at all. It literally could be a fan yelling at the ref.

Im not saying he didnt say it. But the ref will have to corroborate the story.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
These words literally get said at every game, multiple times. You just don't hear much of it with the mics not picking it up.

It's a good thing you've never been part of locker room talk, that **** might kill you
Ok so basically I posted about this bc it is THOUGHT to be Rielly, and there have been suspensions for this before.
Andrew Shaw suspended 1 game for homophobic slur - Sportsnet.ca

Idk I hope it wasnt him, but this isnt about our personal views, its about how the league might see it as

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I do like how emotionally dejected that Tavares and Matthews are in their post-game interviews. It means that our players still give a ****. Hopefully, they start competing more frequently and amp things up for playoff time.
I'd make them watch video of the PP line change and explain their "effort".

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I genuinely liked Babcock and feel like I tried to support him, but I'm honestly just not a fan of the guy.

I feel like he doesn't mesh with the team, I feel like the team as a whole just doesn't jive all the time. The team wins on pure skill from their superstars. He cares too much about hard-checking ****ty wingers, because he probably was a player that lacked offence and thought the only thing that mattered was trying hard. I don't think that attitude rubs off on this team, even though I love Hyman.

How on earth is Brown playing above Ennis and Moore. Those guys create chances. There are more examples but that's a good one.

I hope he's fired after we have a ****ty playoffs, because we will. The team this year has been carried on the back of Anderson, combined with some crazy offensive efforts (some nights Tavares, Marner, Matthews). As a whole we just aren't that good.

I can't even begin to comprehend this mentality from people. Wishing someone is fired because of a disagreement with that person.

There is a fundamental disagreement between the team Babcock wants and the team Dubas has provided him with.
If we had a couple of better versions of our 4th line players (hard working, grinding players who can play on the 2nd and 3rd lines) he would be over the moon.
Instead, his favourite type of players are stuck on the 4th line.

This is a guy that turned Team Canada into a bunch of grinders who didn't give up any chances, but didn't excel offensively either.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The first 4 TB goals were some of the luckiest I have seen ...that 3rd goal should of been worth 3pts and he didn't even have a place holder....I know ...sour grapes,but really this game doesn't make me worry...TB big guns didn't do much.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
lol at the mainboard GDT. Never knew Tampa fans were so arrogant and petty, but at least their team is the best in the league. The funniest thing is seeing Oiler fans gloating and celebrating the Leafs' misery? Why the hell are they so happy and trying to rub it in? :laugh:

Sad and extremely pathetic they'd rather see the Leafs fail than their own team succeed. big yikes
Misery enjoys company I guess ?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

I feel like he doesn't mesh with the team, I feel like the team as a whole just doesn't jive all the time. The team wins on pure skill from their superstars. He cares too much about hard-checking ****ty wingers, because he probably was a player that lacked offence and thought the only thing that mattered was trying hard. I don't think that attitude rubs off on this team, even though I love Hyman.

I hope he's fired after we have a ****ty playoffs, because we will. The team this year has been carried on the back of Anderson, combined with some crazy offensive efforts (some nights Tavares, Marner, Matthews). As a whole we just aren't that good.

He had Lindstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and he made 2 SCF appearances with them and won 1 cup

he went to the SCF with the ducks when JSG went god-mode; one of only 5 goalie to ever win Smythe on the losing team.

Unless Freddie goes beast mode or somehow the stars of the team surprise us with their play in the playoffs - i have zero hope that it is the coaching and system that will get the job done for the Leafs

Reactions: coupe93 and dsred

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
The first 4 TB goals were some of the luckiest I have seen ...that 3rd goal should of been worth 3pts and he didn't even have a place holder....I know ...sour grapes,but really this game doesn't make me worry...TB big guns didn't do much.

The fact that the Tampa big guns didn't do much makes it all the worse lol. It's easy to overreact to one game and it's senseless but Tampa is going to be a hard, hard team for anyone to beat 4/7 this spring.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I don't mind our Leafs losing this game to Tampa, a better team, however, it is unconscionable that they pissed away that 2nd point in Vancouver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia