Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Here's what I'd like to see from this team:

18 seconds left in the game, 6-1 game and Kucherov has a shot stopped.
Sparks covers the puck and gets a whistle.
Kucherov skates up and taps him on the arm.

Someone should have dumped him into the boards.
Trip, crosscheck, whatever.

It's 6-1, 18 seconds left, "Don't touch my goalie".
Send that message.
Make other teams know that you might actually get pissed off once in a while when being smoked and then taunted.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The team would be able to feel his energy all the way from the press box.

I'll take a Mcquiad over Marincin. McQuiad would have killed Ladd for his hit on Muzzin

McQuid will rip everyone in that team in dressing room. That's exactly what they need right now

McQuaid is a healthy scratch in Columbus, who has quite a few good defencemen. On the Leafs, he's a 6th D

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Maybe you should look at Muzzin before he came to the Leafs. LA fans will tell you that Muzzin was the most physically punishing defensemen they had, on a team that's notorious for physical play.
Sure the thing is the team was inundated with physical play... The same reason Martin wasnteffective on the leafs as the islanders is because when you are the only guy throwing a hit you stand out to the refs on a really soft team, when the whole team is finishing their checks it allows you to play your game better. Watch the western conference and all the penalties that are called on the leafs for roughing/body checking/slashing etc... Arent called in the west because the west is built alot tougher. Eventually Kadri, Muzzin will play like the rest of the team because finishing a hard body check just causes too much distress. Plus the other teams knows no one on the leafs stick up for each other compared to other teams and go crazy if someone on the leafs dares hits one of their players.

We need the entire team to play with grit, toughness and meaness like the Bruins/Kings/Sharks etc.. Getting a single enforcer is not gonna do a single thing. Just like Muzzin isnt making this team less soft

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well, we won this game by -4 goals!

Any time Matthews, and the likes of Brown, score a goal, it's a win for sure!

please.... the zone entries by nylander alone should be worth 2 pts; there is no need to get the puck to oppositions' net or even keeping the possession of the puck

just zone entries is all that matters; losing the puck or doing nothing with the zone entry doesn't mean anything

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Maybe Leaf fans will be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that this was the first game back after a western road trip and it's always a tough game for the home team. Watching the Bolts feed, they mentioned this a few times and mentioned how the Leafs were much faster the other 2 times they played the Bolts.

I fully expect the opposite reaction followed by tears
"It's only 1 ga-ame", right?

Come on, you can hit on the other three top apologist-excuses-for-loss. Give 'er a try!

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
the notion that it is okay to lose like this because of western trip or something?
This sport science stuff appears to bunk as far as I am concerning regarding the Leafs team conditioning this season.

Too many games where the Leafs were playing back to back or after long road trips, they looked absolutely flat.

They did not have it tonight. When they are rested, they play well. When they are tired, the lose without too much of a fight.

Tonight, not only they looked tired, every shot they put on goal bounced in. Just one of those nights.

That is why I support the coach Babcock. He's educated. He knows bullshit when he hears it.

When Babcock complains about the sports science people, and says he prefers Saskatchewan science, he is criticizing this regime above him.

The sport science has done nothing to make a tired Leafs team even half decent this season.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Excuse after excuse. There is always supposed to be some hidden factor that the team can't control every time they fail to live up to expectations.

We were at home, weren't on a back to back and Freddy was in net. We have to be much, much better.
You don't know much about hockey do ya?

The fact that the opposing broadcast brought it up multiple times and acknowledged that the Leafs were much faster the other 2 games speaks volumes.

By all means, continue the chicken little soap opera, it's hilarious to watch :popcorn::laugh:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
please.... the zone entries by nylander alone should be worth 2 pts; there is no need to get the puck to oppositions' net or even keeping the possession of the puck

just zone entries is all that matters; losing the puck or doing nothing with the zone entry doesn't mean anything
tenor.gif

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
I'll take a Mcquiad over Marincin. McQuiad would have killed Ladd for his hit on Muzzin

McQuid will rip everyone in that team in dressing room. That's exactly what they need right now

McQuaid is a healthy scratch in Columbus, who has quite a few good defencemen. On the Leafs, he's a 6th D
McQuaid is trash. He's Marincin level and not worth giving assets up for. If you want someone to fight just bring back Orr

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This sport science stuff appears to bunk as far as I am concerning regarding the Leafs team conditioning this season.

Too many games where the Leafs were playing back to back or after long road trips, they looked absolutely flat.

They did not have it tonight. When they are rested, they play well. When they are tired, the lose without too much of a fight.

Tonight, not only they looked tired, every shot they put on goal bounced in. Just one of those nights.

That is why I support the coach Babcock. He's educated. He knows bull**** when he hears it.

When complains about the sports science people, and says he prefers Saskatchewan science, he is criticizing this regime above him.

The sport science has done nothing to make a tired Leafs team even half decent this season.

Sports science is legit. Now whether or not people employed by MLSE actually are competent people when it comes to sports science is another thing.

or may be the players are not adhering to what the sport science team tells them

:dunno:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It's never okay to lose like this, just don't lose your mind over game 69 of the regular season.

Or not and continue your chicken little, it's amusing to watch.
You can do better than this. The "it's just one ga-ame" excuse twice in one thread? Come on, hit on the other three biggies. You can do it.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Here's what I'd like to see from this team:

18 seconds left in the game, 6-1 game and Kucherov has a shot stopped.
Sparks covers the puck and gets a whistle.
Kucherov skates up and taps him on the arm.

Someone should have dumped him into the boards.
Trip, crosscheck, whatever.

It's 6-1, 18 seconds left, "Don't touch my goalie".
Send that message.
Make other teams know that you might actually get pissed off once in a while when being smoked and then taunted.
Serge Ibaka Raptors lend him to leafs he likes to fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad