Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
there is a saying that: "When the going gets tough; the tough get going"

I don't know who qualifies as "tough" in this line up.

And when I say tough I don't mean just "goon types" I mean "mental toughness"

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Watched Mcdavid goal on PP. he's on his off wing
every goal Laine scores, he's on his off wing
ever goal Ovechkin scores on PP, on his off wing

Why does Matthews play on his strong side?
He should be able to one time, but never in a position to one time

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
lol at the mainboard GDT. Never knew Tampa fans were so arrogant and petty, but at least their team is the best in the league. The funniest thing is seeing Oiler fans gloating and celebrating the Leafs' misery? Why the hell are they so happy and trying to rub it in? :laugh:

Sad and extremely pathetic they'd rather see the Leafs fail than their own team succeed. big yikes

Seeing the leafs lose is literally the Loliers stanley cup, that fanbase is tortured, desperate and irrelevant.

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
Did I expect this? No. Am I surprised though? Not really

Tampa are the vastly superior team in every regard.

-Better coach
-Better players
-Better GM
-Better mentality

The thing with us is that we've decided to go with a forward heavy team and invest most of our cap there. So for us to be successful we need our forwards to play to their cap hit and carry us each and every single night.

Reality is most of our big forwards either are or are going to be overpaid and aren't as good as Leafs fans projected. That leaves us in a tough spot.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So transparently obvious this team needs tough defensive physical defence. Muzzin is not even close to supplementing that
Maybe you should look at Muzzin before he came to the Leafs. LA fans will tell you that Muzzin was the most physically punishing defensemen they had, on a team that's notorious for physical play.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Well that didn't go to plan

No complaints though, the better team won and we were well worth the ass kicking we were handed by Tampa

Nobody played well and we were seriously out thought to boot

Nothing we can do about it now I just hope this tune up gives the boys enough of a kick up the rear so that we show up consistently until the end of the season instead of sleep walking during some of these games

Reactions: ULF_55

roggie13

Jan 10, 2019
Can't blame Kappy's lack of skill (sarcasm) on this one. Where was Willy? Oh sorry forgot linemates need about 15-20 games to build some chemistry.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I don't even know where to start......

coaching?
neutral zone?
bounces?
PP?
puck battles?
race to the puck?
xyz.....

the notion that it is okay to lose like this because of western trip or something?

And they have the flu....suddenly.

Actually, it's more like allergies. They're allergic to physical contact.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
glass half full: take away the 4 lucky bounces and its a 2-2 game. brown is clutch.

(lol)

true that and all the shots that leafs took that could have gone in if it wasn't for someone in front of their goal playing goalie or something....

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
54EAA8D2-B60F-46C1-AA9F-811A8D0E9352.gif

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Looks a lot of the crew that was chest bumping when we eeked out a win against the powerhouse Oilers turned in early tonight.

Reactions: dsred

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
lol at the mainboard GDT. Never knew Tampa fans were so arrogant and petty, but at least their team is the best in the league. The funniest thing is seeing Oiler fans gloating and celebrating the Leafs' misery? Why the hell are they so happy and trying to rub it in? :laugh:

Sad and extremely pathetic they'd rather see the Leafs fail than their own team succeed. big yikes

Meh, just remember this moment when they underachieve in the playoffs again.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

Well they havent had much to cheer for since opening night. Might as well bandwagon jump to the best team in the league

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
Maybe Leaf fans will be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that this was the first game back after a western road trip and it's always a tough game for the home team. Watching the Bolts feed, they mentioned this a few times and mentioned how the Leafs were much faster the other 2 times they played the Bolts.

I fully expect the opposite reaction followed by tears

Excuse after excuse. There is always supposed to be some hidden factor that the team can't control every time they fail to live up to expectations.

We were at home, weren't on a back to back and Freddy was in net. We have to be much, much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad