Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, we won this game by -4 goals!

Any time Matthews, and the likes of Brown, score a goal, it's a win for sure!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Lol and people were suggesting scratching Brown to get Moore in the lineup.

I kid you not when I say there's atleast 3 guys who'd come out of the lineup before Brown.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't even know where to start......

coaching?
neutral zone?
bounces?
PP?
puck battles?
race to the puck?
xyz.....

the notion that it is okay to lose like this because of western trip or something?

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Maybe Leaf fans will be reasonable and acknowledge the fact that this was the first game back after a western road trip and it's always a tough game for the home team. Watching the Bolts feed, they mentioned this a few times and mentioned how the Leafs were much faster the other 2 times they played the Bolts.

I fully expect the opposite reaction followed by tears

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Simply put, we didn't want the puck tonight. They wanted it a heck of a lot more than us...

This place is getting to be too much for me, with all the scapegoating on Babcock, and a select few players that aren't a big issue on this club... They'll keep turning a blind eye to the actual issues with the club, though.

At the end of the day, you can only win so many games on skill alone. Our compete level needs to rise about 10 notches.

Last edited:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
lol at the mainboard GDT. Never knew Tampa fans were so arrogant and petty, but at least their team is the best in the league. The funniest thing is seeing Oiler fans gloating and celebrating the Leafs' misery? Why the hell are they so happy and trying to rub it in? :laugh:

Sad and extremely pathetic they'd rather see the Leafs fail than their own team succeed. big yikes

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
So transparently obvious this team needs tough defensive physical defence. Muzzin is not even close to supplementing that...

This team has a huge hole.... Defense, grit and toughness. Won't make it past a round without that. Kapanen, Hyman, Muzzin, Kadri is a good start but we need to triple that

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Another measuring stick game. Tampa whipped out the foot long, Leafs whipped out the inch worm.

Did anyone notice Tampa still dominating and finishing their checks even though up 6-1. Anyone?

No face punching or big hits involved. Pure toughness and physicality. Add that up with the mental toughness difference, and this team ain't even close to Tampa.

TLDR- Tampa ain't physical my ass.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
I don't even know where to start......

coaching?
neutral zone?
bounces?
PP?
puck battles?
race to the puck?
xyz.....

the notion that it is okay to lose like this because of western trip or something?

It's never okay to lose like this, just don't lose your mind over game 69 of the regular season.

Or not and continue your chicken little, it's amusing to watch.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
I think they missed Kappy tonite and so did I as I had him scoring first.
Team seemed really flat to be fair. Maybe the flu is the culprit.
Coz there is no excuse not to get up for this game.
Oh well. On to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->