Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
"It's only 1 ga-ame", right?

Come on, you can hit on the other three top apologist-excuses-for-loss. Give 'er a try!
Continue your chicken little about game 69 in the regular season. It's hilarious watching y'all lose your shit

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
please.... the zone entries by nylander alone should be worth 2 pts; there is no need to get the puck to oppositions' net or even keeping the possession of the puck

just zone entries is all that matters; losing the puck or doing nothing with the zone entry doesn't mean anything

Remember when the Nylander contract was supposed to be a steal because of smooth zone entries and some nifty puck skills?

The guy's production is still terrible and he's going to be 23 in a few months. Wingers usually don't get too much better after that age.

Who cares though, I've got some cherry picked advanced stats that show he's a top 10 winger in the league and he deserved more than Pastrnak and significantly more than Larkin and Ehlers.

Reactions: TMLS

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
You can do better than this. The "it's just one ga-ame" excuse twice in one thread? Come on, hit on the other three biggies. You can do it.
You're not complaining enough, I need to see more

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Here's what I'd like to see from this team:

18 seconds left in the game, 6-1 game and Kucherov has a shot stopped.
Sparks covers the puck and gets a whistle.
Kucherov skates up and taps him on the arm.

Someone should have dumped him into the boards.
Trip, crosscheck, whatever.

It's 6-1, 18 seconds left, "Don't touch my goalie".
Send that message.
Make other teams know that you might actually get pissed off once in a while when being smoked and then taunted.

There are a lot of little plays like that the Leafs don't seem to respond to.

Matthews tried making a play and Stamkos just shoved him from behind. You'd think any self respecting center would go and give it right back. But no.

You watch the kind of emotion in the Boston Pittsburgh game last night or even the way the Lightning were hungry to run up the score in a 6-1 win and then you see what our group does and it's like we just don't have that hunger to be the best.

It's like we have too much Patrick Marleau mentorship.

Just concerned this group is going to grow up to be the San Jose Sharks. Sleep walk through every big game and lose every big game.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Remember when the Nylander contract was supposed to be a steal because of smooth zone entries and some nifty puck skills?

The guy's production is still terrible and he's going to be 23 in a few months. Wingers usually don't get too much better after that age.

Who cares though, I've got some cherry picked advanced stats that show he's a top 10 winger in the league and he deserved more than Pastrnak and significantly more than Larkin and Ehlers.

Meanwhile Tampa keeps signing their star players at reasonable AAV and keep their team intact.

Next season at least tampa is set to lose at least 2 to 3 of their D-men to UFA and Point is up for a contract at least they will suck a little (hopefully)

by playoffs (or next season december) if nylander hasn't produced that is bad contract

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Did I expect this? No. Am I surprised though? Not really

Tampa are the vastly superior team in every regard.

-Better coach
-Better players
-Better GM
-Better mentality

The thing with us is that we've decided to go with a forward heavy team and invest most of our cap there. So for us to be successful we need our forwards to play to their cap hit and carry us each and every single night.

Reality is most of our big forwards either are or are going to be overpaid and aren't as good as Leafs fans projected. That leaves us in a tough spot.
I showed this to Father and he laughed, said you are 100% off base and Leafs dominated Tampa in the first two games when they weren't sick.

He said, "he will see"
:handclap:

roggie13

Jan 10, 2019
Maybe Kappy just took the night off to prove a point fans raking the poor guy over the coals saying he was useless pointing the finger blaming him for Matthews troubles. Didn't make a bit of difference he still sucked only got the goal by splitting the defense hell I've seen the Goat go in and score on a breakaway. It was a nice goal never the less but he also gave up the puck from lack of effort ...so again he was just average......Where was Willy?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Matthews tried making a play and Stamkos just shoved him from behind. You'd think any self respecting center would go and give it right back. But no.

You watch the kind of emotion in the Boston Pittsburgh game last night or even the way the Lightning were hungry to run up the score in a 6-1 win and then you see what our group does and it's like we just don't have that hunger to be the best.

Just concerned this group is going to grow up to be the San Jose Sharks. Sleep walk through every big game and lose every big game.

How much is Marleau making againt next year?

Lamoriello sabotaged the Leafs, he knew he'd be gone before the team would have to pay the price on that one. :sarcasm:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

True... The early 2000s Joe Sakic the friendliest player in the game, but that Colorado team also had Forsberg the meanest player in the game, and Foote and Blake the toughest guys in the game, Lemieux the dirtiest player in the game. And then Hedjuk and Tanguay were so gentlemanly.... I thought they had one of the best teams of all time because they had a mix of everything. This team is one dimensional and every guy is the same soft or friendly player... save 1 or 2. You cant win with a team with only friendly, nice players, non-physical players... One dimensional team was assembled c'mon Dubas

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015

"Oh no he swore at me!!!" Suspend Kobe for 5 games!

Ok ill bite, calling someone a m*********** and what rielly said is so so so much different. Look I get it was a tough loss but its just not a good look.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
lol at the mainboard GDT. Never knew Tampa fans were so arrogant and petty, but at least their team is the best in the league. The funniest thing is seeing Oiler fans gloating and celebrating the Leafs' misery? Why the hell are they so happy and trying to rub it in? :laugh:

Sad and extremely pathetic they'd rather see the Leafs fail than their own team succeed. big yikes

Tampa Bay Lightning - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

we'll see how "confident" they are when next season comes and they have to reshape their D and sign their pending RFAs (including Point)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Well, at least they can just claim their lack of intensity, drive, and desire didn't really impact the game because Tampa is just so much better than they are.

And they played in Edmonton on Saturday, so it isn't like they weren't tired. That was like only 2 days ago.

KE19

Jan 30, 2019
You don't know much about hockey do ya?

The fact that the opposing broadcast brought it up multiple times and acknowledged that the Leafs were much faster the other 2 games speaks volumes.

By all means, continue the chicken little soap opera, it's hilarious to watch :popcorn::laugh:

The opposing broadcast brought something up so it must be the reason why we played like crap!

We were faster the other 2 games because we simply skated and played better.

We were also playing on the road in both of those games and travelled from Toronto to Tampa and North Carolina to Tampa on a road trip before we played them the previous two times. So that pretty much makes kills your travel excuse.

Now get off your high horse and just accept we got outclassed by the better team.

Reactions: coupe93 and dsred

LEBOOM

Mar 10, 2019
Ok ill bite, calling someone a m*********** and what rielly said is so so so much different. Look I get it was a tough loss but its just not a good look.
Have you seriously played a sport above house league? I'm genuinely asking. I've played D1 baseball and played AAU basketball and that shit is common place.

It's not something novel. You might cry if you ever sat courtside at an NBA game lmao

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Wow tampa just beat a tired team. Just finished a western road trip what else can you expect.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
you have no evidence it's him. So maybe cool your jets. You also started it by saying you think he'll get 2 games. then followed with i dunno if he;ll get games but it's not a good look. Save your cringy virtue signalling for FB. **** gets said in the heat of battle. If he did say it, it's not the best choice of words. But nothing to freak out over. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you've never been in the heat of battle for anything?
I was basing it off of the post I saw, like I said im not sure how the NHL will deal with it! I hope it wasnt Rielly for sure.

Reactions: yubbers

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Well, at least they can just claim their lack of intensity, drive, and desire didn't really impact the game because Tampa is just so much better than they are.

And they played in Edmonton on Saturday, so it isn't like they weren't tired. That was like only 2 days ago.

The time change probably also had something to do with the effort :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad