Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
These 3 game show how laughable it is to suggest Marner is better then Matthews. It won't stop people from thinking it though. Also tough stint for the we are better without Nylander crowd.
Haven't played good 4 games in a row. We need to get it together soon.

It's convenient that after we loaded up on grit, the losing streak happens. I know none of those guys have played yet, but we would never hear the end of it if Dubas went skill.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Congrats to the winterpeg Jets for their big stanley cup victory tonight.

Didn't watch much of the game. No Matthews, no Nylander, tired Campbell. I don't blame the team for not wanting to fight too hard today when we have a series against the jets coming up later.

Let the Thrashers fans have their little parade. I bet those little guys are so excited on their boards. They finally got us. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Why was Campbell tired?

Reactions: LeafsRus

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I won't go as far as saying a mile right now , but no, they aren't.

I don't think any team is miles better than a playoff bound team, but if the Jets did not have Hellebuyck, they'd probably be a bubble team right now. At least with the way they've been playing against us.

A lot of these games have been effectively the same as the Columbus series: Opportunistic goals against weak goaltending, and Hellebuyck standing on his head. Obviously not to the extent of Korpisalo, but he's been really good against us. Today and I think two other games he has been their best player and the main reason why they win a game.

Reactions: Sypher04

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Campbell: 13gms, .922, 139pt pace
Hutchinson: 8gms, .919, 105pt pace
Rittich: 2gms, .911, 82pt pace
Andersen: 23gms, .897, 100pt pace

Not a meaningful sample size aside from maybe Freddie.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg was the superior team all game long. Their special teams were better than Toronto's, better hits, plays, defense, goaltending, they were the better team in every facet tonight.

It's embarrassing to watch a team go 1 and 41 in their last 16 games. That's something even bottom feeding teams don't go through. Toronto had a 5 on 3 powerplay for over a minute and couldn't even manage to set it up, Winnipeg looked like they were the ones on the powerplay.

Winnipeg scores less than 10 seconds into their powerplay.

Campbell was bad for his third game in a row. He was about as bad as you can get tonight. Just... no confidence, no movement in net, he looked completely lost out there. Definitely not the go to guy, that will be Andersen in the playoffs.

Rest of the season for the most part doesn't matter. They keep playing like this and their special teams will get them eliminated in the first round. They need better goaltending from Andersen when he gets back or it's lights out.

I have zero confidence in Andersen this season and even moreso in the playoffs. Campbell isn't making me comfortable either. I know it's just 3 games in a row, but their special teams have been the worst I've ever seen in my life over the last 16 games. 1 for their last 41... that's not just bad, that's embarrassingly bad. Have some pride and do your freaking jobs or fire the assistance coach if he can't work out anything for them. They look lost out there on the powerplay.

Meh, just venting, but damn, this team can make you go high and low so quickly. They do it every year.

giphy.gif

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
Oh no not another one

I'm not saying we have bad goalies, their all decent in the own way. But we haven't had a goalie steal us a playoff round since Belfour left. Do I think we can win with any of the 3 we Have? Yes, but it will happen because the team plays extremely well. If we have to rely on one of them to steal a series the Leafs are in trouble.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I'm not saying we have bad goalies, their all decent in the own way. But we haven't had a goalie steal us a playoff round since Belfour left. Do I think we can win with any of the 3 we Have? Yes, but it will happen because the team plays extremely well. If we have to rely on one of them to steal a series the Leafs are in trouble.
Just ribbing you brotha or Sister :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanley Sumdae

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I am new to the board. Yet if you read my profile, I am honest about my age.

The Leafs....... How I wish, my grandfather had never introduced me to them.

I think it was love at first sight. He didn't push me at all, It was an immediate love.

I see you all, going up and down with these guys, and Hey, so the fook do I.

question for you guys, and \i guess for me.

How do you think years of relative lousiness, of our team, has affected your overall life

I, myself, not only suffered through it, my best friend growing up, kinda wanted me up in the gondala to watch the worst leaf teams ever. He was at that time, the youngest gm in nhl history. It was still really cool for me to see Ballard, and all, going through their motions.

But my question is........When people like us, get this involved and lose, pretty much all the time, when it counts.

What happens to you......... Deep down.

Me personally, having no full time father, \i think it got to me. Just wondering bout your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad