Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I wonder if we keep Marner and Tavares together for our next game. Throw Hyman there and let Matty/Willy play with Galchenyuk or Foligno

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
We're pretty awful right now, Hopefully Saturday's game is postponed and we'll have some time to work things out in practice. We need to be in top form to win a series against Winnipeg.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Really? I thought that line was pretty anemic...
Spezza got something done when the other 2 were off the ice.
I’m trying to have the backs of veterans that I respect , I’m trying hard to find a morsel of brightness ..
Hanging my head in shame now
I can’t kick a man or woman down when they are down , just can’t especially a vet and a HOFmer just can’t ...
It’s miserable to have a bright mind still and no longer have the legs or body , honestly that sux the worst , awful , hardest thing to come to grips with as a athlete of any kind at any level , sux Bobo Brazil
But quietly Shhhhh he’s done ;(

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
I was a little surprised that no one tried to pound Dubois in the 3rd for that head shot. I know it's a 1 goal game, and I'm not a huge fan of fighting for no reason but if there was ever a time to send a message to a team that you still have to play 3 more times, and maybe the playoffs that was a time to do it

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I was a little surprised that no one tried to pound Dubois in the 3rd for that head shot. I know it's a 1 goal game, and I'm not a huge fan of fighting for no reason but if there was ever a time to send a message to a team that you still have to play 3 more times, and maybe the playoffs that was a time to do it

Foligno would have given his old teammate a stern look.

Reactions: Stanley Sumdae

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I am new to the board. Yet if you read my profile, I am honest about my age.

The Leafs....... How I wish, my grandfather had never introduced me to them.

I think it was love at first sight. He didn't push me at all, It was an immediate love.

I see you all, going up and down with these guys, and Hey, so the fook do I.

question for you guys, and \i guess for me.

How do you think years of relative lousiness, of our team, has affected your overall life

I, myself, not only suffered through it, my best friend growing up, kinda wanted me up in the gondala to watch the worst leaf teams ever. He was at that time, the youngest gm in nhl history. It was still really cool for me to see Ballard, and all, going through their motions.

But my question is........When people like us, get this involved and lose, pretty much all the time, when it counts.

What happens to you......... Deep down.

Me personally, having no full time father, \i think it got to me. Just wondering bout your thoughts
Whatever you're smoking, I'll have some please.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Bad habits have fully crept into their game again. Regressing in many areas

PP is an abomination

Get all the major pieces back in the line up and start playing some quality hockey again before the playoffs.

Can't limp into the playoffs like this

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I am probably going to be in the extreme minority in what I am about to say, but, considering we were missing Papi and Will Nye, I don't think we played THAT bad tonight minus that 3 and a half minute meltdown after the 5 on 3 in the 1st and the Marner, Big save Dave brain fart in the 3rd.

Although the rest of the game minus those 2 plays, Winnipeg may have made us look better because they were playing defensive and nursing their lead. Lol.

Reactions: BTP

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Inspector Clouseau could see this

Starting to think we should spread out the offence when we have a full squad. Like when Phil was 3rd line for the Pens Cup wins and ate up weaker competition like it was street meat.

Nylander driving a 3rd line might make us harder to shut down.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
That's not remotely what happened. The Leafs were all over them and had several great scoring chances in the third. The Leafs were not shut down in any way. They just couldnt solve Hellebuyck. Hellebuyck and quick strike counterattack is what makes Winnipeg dangerous
Did we watch the same game? Admittedly I took the dog out twice but “all over” :huh: I don’t recall 1 HDSC

Reactions: Azail

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Matthews
Nylander
Foligno

for

Brooks
Engvall
Thornton/Simmonds

INSTANTLY A FAR SUPERIOR TEAM

Status