Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Starting to think we should spread out the offence when we have a full squad. Like when Phil was 3rd line for the Pens and ate up weaker competition like it was street meat.

Nylander driving a 3rd line might make is harder to shut down.
I would try anything at this point
Somethings wrong even going back to the latest winning streak ..somethings amiss and it’s not all Pierre and Kerfoot

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I would try anything at this point
Somethings wrong even going back to the latest winning streak ..somethings amiss and it’s not all Pierre and Kerfoot

Pierre isn't an NHLer not on a contender. Brooks looked decent tonight and Robertson is going to be good but that's 3 AHLers ....3 too many for a team with final 4 aspirations. Luckily they'll be replaced soon as will Jumbo (please God).

david999

Jan 21, 2011
The more I see this Winnipeg team, the less impressed I am with their overall defensive play. Hellebuck, and the freebies the leafs gave them tonight, was the difference.
The next time these teams meet things may be different with Matthews, Nylander, Foligno and Nash playing.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The more I see this Winnipeg team, the less impressed I am with their overall defensive play. Hellebuck, and the freebies the leafs gave them tonight, was the difference.
The next time these teams meet things may be different with Matthews, Nylander, Foligno and Nash playing.

Nash won't play them unless it's in round 2 of the playoffs.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
Pierre isn't an NHLer not on a contender. Brooks looked decent tonight and Robertson is going to be good but that's 3 AHLers ....3 too many for a team with final 4 aspirations. Luckily they'll be replaced soon as will Jumbo (please God).
I know we will be better when everyone’s in , I’m sure of it
Just get twitchy every time these leafs pull the Jekyl and Hyde thing every year
I just want a Friggen leaf team to be consistent and just real good and solid for once ..
Just when you think this team has learned , they come back to earth
But I know this is going to be our year
I’m just punch drunk and high lol

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I know we will be better when everyone’s in , I’m sure of it
Just get twitchy every time these leafs pull the Jekyl and Hyde thing every year
I just want a Friggen leaf team to be consistent and just real good and solid for once ..
Just when you think this team has learned , they come back to earth
But I know this is going to be our year
I’m just punch drunk and high lol

Good man. I'm going easy tonight. Long week but off tomorrow.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Let's not overreact and judge this team on a game where we're missing 4 key players (Matthews, Nylander, Foligno, and Andersen). They're going to be judged on how they perform in the playoffs. I expect next week's games against Winnipeg will be alot different. However, if come playoff time, we play like we did tonight, including the abysmal powerplay, then I believe some serious decisions have to be made about the core of this team.

Good game by Spezza, Robertson, Mikey and Kerfoot. Subpar games again by Thornton, Simmonds, Rielly, Holl and Muzzin. Hyman ineffective. By far Campbell's worse game as a Leaf.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I was a little surprised that no one tried to pound Dubois in the 3rd for that head shot. I know it's a 1 goal game, and I'm not a huge fan of fighting for no reason but if there was ever a time to send a message to a team that you still have to play 3 more times, and maybe the playoffs that was a time to do it

I get flamed for this.

So we are not going to push back. I am not even saying fighting but push back like a hit, maybe a talk or maybe nudge on the shin pads

We didn't do this when Tavares got rocked by Kassian
When Matthews got pushed around by Tanev and maulled
When Hyman got run over by Pionk and Lowry last time we played them
When Josh Anderson taking constant run at Muzzin

So when are we ever going to push back ? Are we always going to be that team that just cares about 2 points ?

At some point your have to just stand up for yourself and have a statement game

Hence my hatred for Simmonds. Sure he has a wrist injury but doesn't mean he can't hit, doesn't mean he can't have a talk

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Exactly. Pierre and Brooks are good, at Phoenix
These are players you ice an team not build a contender

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
NHL Stats
giphy.gif

1 for 42 now, 3 goals against in that time.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think when AM and Willie are back, this is a different team. Then you add Nick in the mix. And this is a completely different team. Also, Marner needs to stop with highlight wheel plays, keep it simple and boom- he is worth every penny.
Gally-AM-Marner
Nick-JT-Willie
Hyman-Engvall-Soup
Spezza-Kerfoot-Simmonds

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
I am new to the board. Yet if you read my profile, I am honest about my age.

The Leafs....... How I wish, my grandfather had never introduced me to them.

I think it was love at first sight. He didn't push me at all, It was an immediate love.

I see you all, going up and down with these guys, and Hey, so the fook do I.

question for you guys, and \i guess for me.

How do you think years of relative lousiness, of our team, has affected your overall life

I, myself, not only suffered through it, my best friend growing up, kinda wanted me up in the gondala to watch the worst leaf teams ever. He was at that time, the youngest gm in nhl history. It was still really cool for me to see Ballard, and all, going through their motions.

But my question is........When people like us, get this involved and lose, pretty much all the time, when it counts.

What happens to you......... Deep down.

Me personally, having no full time father, \i think it got to me. Just wondering bout your thoughts
I have never been the same after 93, yet every year I get excited to see what the team can do. It just blows my mind how a team that should win does not, there is always some kind of bad puck luck or Achilles heel. In it for the haul, though, and if/when they finally do break the curse and win one it should be that much better.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I have never been the same after 93, yet every year I get excited to see what the team can do. It just blows my mind how a team that should win does not, there is always some kind of bad puck luck or Achilles heel. In it for the haul, though, and if/when they finally do break the curse and win one it should be that much better.
I feel a lot like your statement

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
The one thing that scares me about this team and it's core is that when things tighten up and become more of that playoff style hockey, our core just doesn't have that drive, that hunger, that do whatever it takes mentality. You'd never see McDavid or Crosby or Ovechkin and multiple other star players give that puck over the way Marner did today. It wasn't so much the turnover, it was more just the carelessness and lack of intensity that caused it, and Matthews has done it multiple times as well.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
I always hold out hope that we can do what the Red Sox did and broke out of their crazy drought and the dynamics with the Yankees over the years
Just not wanting to be like the Indians or the Browns yuk

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad