Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in Washington

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
0.893 vs 0.886... with numbers this bad, does it matter who's who?
the wins and losses matter, and how those numbers were attained certainly do..andersen hasnt been great but hes capable of making the big save when our inevitable breakdowns happen. hutch has never shown such a capability. if you cant see that then not much point continuing talking about it.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yes, that's how averages work.

Right. I was just pointing out that Andersen has had the worst goalie performance thus far (vs Tampa), but also all of the best ones too (his other starts). 0.893 vs 0.886 doesn't look all that different on the surface, but more context is needed. With that context applied, I think there's more of a noteworthy difference.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Maybe not swapping the ice out for floor every day would allow a historically bad power lay to practice and perform on much better ice. Sell the useless basketball team and book less concerts, PP will go up a couple % and that can translate to something.
Well I guess you didn't graduate with a business degree!

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
for spending too much money on 4 players; for trading away 1st rounders for what might very well turn out to be 1 and 2 season rentals; for icing a less than balanced team.
1st off..2 seasons isnt a rental and the leafs arent the first or the last team to trade away picks for players. also, spending "too much" (which is debatable to begin with) money on 4 players when those 4 players are your best players isnt a problem if those players play like your best 4 players.
name a perfectly balanced team, all teams have strengths and weaknesses, thats why different teams win the cup every year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
1st off..2 seasons isnt a rental and the leafs arent the first or the last team to trade away picks for players. also, spending "too much" (which is debatable to begin with) money on 4 players when those 4 players are your best players isnt a problem if those players play like your best 4 players.
name a perfectly balanced team, all teams have strengths and weaknesses, thats why different teams win every year.
"too much" is going to be the teams downfall, as talented as JT/AM/MM/WN are, they're not on the ice all the time let alone playing D or Goalie. Lack of a quality backup is just one of the direct results of said over payments, ditto for the plugs on D that shouldn't be in the NHL.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
"too much" is going to be the teams downfall, as talented as JT/AM/MM/WN are, they're not on the ice all the time let alone playing D or Goalie. Lack of a quality backup is just one of the direct results of said over payments, ditto for the plugs on D that shouldn't be in the NHL.
when dermott comes back our defense is a good defense..no team can afford to have 6 top 4 defensemen and have any type of forward depth, hence the "no team is perfect" comment.
look, im not gonna argue with you anymore about what we have or dont have 8 games into the season with 2 important players injured and like 6 new regulars in the lineup.
you do you, have a good day.

67leafs

Oct 17, 2019
tavares looks slow
morgan is lost without hainsey
marner has $ and no game
mathews is cruising
backup goalie is a huge issue
ceci is lost

been a leafs fan since 1972
these guys are disappointing

Reactions: rumman

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
tavares looks slow
morgan is lost without hainsey
marner has $ and no game
mathews is cruising
backup goalie is a huge issue
ceci is lost

been a leafs fan since 1972
these guys are disappointing
whats disappointing to me is you created an account here just to post this.

Reactions: stickty111

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Yes, Kerfoot was excellent. He literally stood on the boards the entire 2 mins.. lol

Thanks for "reading" my post.

He actually did a good job of gaining puck posession a few times late in the game which led to opportunities, but I can't recall if that was before or after we pulled the goalie.

However, in the post you quoted I didnt say anything about Kerfoot's play because that was irrelevant to my point (which you seemed to skip over).

Anyways, it was a back-to-back with our Backup goalie and lopsided PP opportunities. Should have won that and we need to go on a winning streak soon, but it isn't like we got run out of the building.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
How’s that help the Leafs? I’m sure there’s a bfboards somewhere.

You said the raptors are a shitty franchise, yet they accomplished much more with limited resources

It all comes down to management. Masai Ujiri is a cold calculated GM. Dubas is the opposite

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
You said the raptors are a ****ty franchise, yet they accomplished much more with limited resources

It all comes down to management. Masai Ujiri is a cold calculated GM. Dubas is the opposite
limited recources? im pretty sure they had the 4th highest payroll in the nba last year.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's been over 50 years. I've been patiently waiting for when that happens.
It's been 52 years, the Chicago Cubs waited 108 years for their World series, the Leafs aren't even half way there, 52 years is recent history to them. Stay strong.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Leafs have the highest budget by far, and cant win 1 playoff round.

Face the facts. Raptors are well managed. The Leafs are not
it took a bunch of factors for the raptors to not be chokers and win last year. including lebron moving to another conference and kawhi hitting a miracle shot. maybe you didnt watch the raptors play post season basketball until last year but being swept out of the playoffs by inferior teams 2 of the 3 years previously was a much worse playoffs than the leafs have had considering boston and toronto are a toss up. also the budget for teams on the ice is the same league wide, having more scouts and conditioning coaches, while nice, doesnt trump on ice talent.

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It's been 52 years, the Chicago Cubs waited 108 years for their World series, the Leafs aren't even half way there, 52 years is recent history to them. Stay strong.

Guess who wont be alive in another 56 if we have to wait that same duration?

Reactions: hoglund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad