GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Winning a singular round, doesn't satisfy what this team should be accomplishing, but winning a round, is an improvement over winning nothing.

You will not feel any satisfaction about beating the Habs. Especially if it's an unimpressive win.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
You will not feel any satisfaction about beating the Habs. Especially if it's an unimpressive win.
Well considering I have 2 brothers-in-law who are Habs fans and annoying as He!!, I can assure you, I for one will feel great satisfaction from that. (Along with further playoff success of course lol)

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It was "weird"? Hmm OK then, if you're looking high and low for any excuse at all, I guess that'll do. :laugh::laugh:

Can't honestly blame the .930 goaltending, won't blame the high paid core members, the coach, or the GM. What else is left besides "weirdness"?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Well considering I have 2 brothers-in-law who are Habs fans and annoying as He!!, I can assure you, I for one will feel great satisfaction from that. (Along with further playoff success of course lol)

Two siblings that married Habs fans? And you're still on speaking terms? That's real love right there. ;)

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Couldn't disagree more.

The Avs beating the coyotes last year is literally meaningless.

Why would they bother to hold playoff series if the outcomes are "literally meaningless"?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Can't honestly blame the .930 goaltending, won't blame the high paid core members, the coach, or the GM. What else is left besides "weirdness"?

We lost that series because we couldn't score goals, despite getting chances.

The blame for that series goes on one of these or a combo of these:

1. Our shooters choked
2. Their goalies were unreal
3. Bad luck

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

1. Our shooters choked
3. Bad luck

Ok, acknowledging some combination of 1 & 2 is much better than "weirdness"

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick

1. Our shooters choked
3. Bad luck

A little column A
A ton column B (CBJ goalies played out of their minds)
A small amount column C (you make your own luck)

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
All this talk from Keefe during the season saying their placement in the league made a huge difference in terms of future match ups. With a chance to 100 percent avoid Colorado in the 3rd round, the decision to rest Marner makes no sense. He has 6 days to rest after tonight. They need one stinking point. Bad decision. Of course if he got hurt then please ignore everything I just said. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

wait_what-DMID1-5p0461otx-500x358.gif

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Is today's game still on? I was just talking to one of my brothers in law (yeah Habs fan always lying anyway lol) but he was saying it may not go due to travel and greyhound closing down? Per pension plan puppets...

Disastrously bad news Toronto Maple Leafs fans!
Greyhound Bus Lines have just announce that they’re shutting down all inter-Canadian routes. That means the popular Toronto-Sudbury-Thunder Bay-Winnipeg route is no longer in operation. “How does this affect the Maple Leafs?” you ask? Well this route was the Leafs only way to get to their games in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg famously doesn’t have an airport, planes can’t take off or land due to the huge amounts of blackflies constantly hovering over the city, and the only VIA train route into the game doesn’t run on Fridays because CP Rail has right of way on all train lines and they use Fridays to drag race the locomotives.
The lack of transit into and out of Winnipeg is bad news for the future opponents of the ironically named Jets*. Teams will now have to fly into Grand Forks, North Dakota, rent a few mid-size sedans, and caravan up the highway to town.

*edit* meant to include the link...
Will the Maple Leafs game be cancelled tonight?

Last edited:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Focus on staying healthy, NO injuries tonight clearly. Focus on special teams and getting pucks to the net from the defense on the PP.

Finish the season by playing tight, team defensive hockey tonight. A quiet 2-1 win would be excellent. Even a 2-1 loss in OT would be grand as long as nobody else is added to the injured reserve list.

I have to believe the Jets and their coaching staff are thinking the same.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

1. Our shooters choked
3. Bad luck

But they can still pat themselves on the back and be proud because they played so well, much better than winning a series, correct?

4 straight series losses and you're still going on about how good we've played. You can't make this shit up, dude you're hilarious.

Seeing that the team can win without M&M would also be a big boost if successful

Maybe. But then again, this game means nothing to WPG so ... the more I digest this, I don't understand why Mitch isn't playing. I hope he's not injured.

Is today's game still on? I was just talking to one of my brothers in law (yeah Habs fan always lying anyway lol) but he was saying it may not go due to travel and greyhound closing down? Per pension plan puppets...

Disastrously bad news Toronto Maple Leafs fans!
Greyhound Bus Lines have just announce that they’re shutting down all inter-Canadian routes. That means the popular Toronto-Sudbury-Thunder Bay-Winnipeg route is no longer in operation. “How does this affect the Maple Leafs?” you ask? Well this route was the Leafs only way to get to their games in Winnipeg.
Winnipeg famously doesn’t have an airport, planes can’t take off or land due to the huge amounts of blackflies constantly hovering over the city, and the only VIA train route into the game doesn’t run on Fridays because CP Rail has right of way on all train lines and they use Fridays to drag race the locomotives.
The lack of transit into and out of Winnipeg is bad news for the future opponents of the ironically named Jets*. Teams will now have to fly into Grand Forks, North Dakota, rent a few mid-size sedans, and caravan up the highway to town.

*edit* meant to include the link...
Will the Maple Leafs game be cancelled tonight?

Yikes, that is really fubar. Ironically named Jets ... :laugh::laugh:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Hopefully Auston gets a point so he gets sole posession of 5th in the scoring race.

A win would be good as well.

Other than that, this game is pretty petty.

Until we meet again in a couple weeks, good luck Winnipeg

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

1. Our shooters choked
3. Bad luck

Keefe also made a terrible decision to start game 5 that way. He put the hero line out there from puck drop until the start of the 3rd. We had no depth that game and Nylander was so bad playing C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad