GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
JT and Marner played the full season, Marner especially, plays the most minutes among all forwards in the entire league. Good break for him.

Maurice said there is a gentlemen's agreement today about no late hits today or whatever.
Good to hear.

Ok... Wayne you know what to do :naughty:

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Hopefully this is a quick and clean game with no injuries.

Play the bottom six a decent amount with Auston being around 16-18 minutes

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Resting any of our players isn't a bad idea.

Keefe was probably pissed at Marner's poor effort and brutal turnover on the GWG on Wednesday so he's resting him to get his head straight and focused on the playoffs :laugh:

Low key punishment in a meaningless game.

I still can't believe you guys are calling this a meaningless game. It matters very much for seeding. I think this is a big mistake.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
You will not feel any satisfaction about beating the Habs. Especially if it's an unimpressive win.
I will have satisfaction about the Leafs finally winning at least 1 playoff round and yet I will not be satisfied

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
We lost that series because we couldn't score goals, despite getting chances.

The blame for that series goes on one of these or a combo of these:

1. Our shooters choked
2. Their goalies were unreal
3. Bad luck
I would generally agree with this. Definitely combo of our shooters choking and shooting at logos all game long + their goalie playing the best hockey of their career. Our elite forwards need to produce this time around with no excuses

Last edited:
Reactions: leafsfan5

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Would much rather let Mitch finish the season maybe add a couple of points and catch Marchand for 3rd overall instead of just giving Mathews a chance to pass him .Mathews is the one who's been sore all year he should be getting the maintenance day .

Reactions: bikemike66

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Keefe also made a terrible decision to start game 5 that way. He put the hero line out there from puck drop until the start of the 3rd. We had no depth that game and Nylander was so bad playing C.
Ya that was a very odd choice to experiment like that in such a key game

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
But they can still pat themselves on the back and be proud because they played so well, much better than winning a series, correct?

4 straight series losses and you're still going on about how good we've played. You can't make this shit up, dude you're hilarious.

Maybe. But then again, this game means nothing to WPG so ... the more I digest this, I don't understand why Mitch isn't playing. I hope he's not injured.

Yikes, that is really fubar. Ironically named Jets ... :laugh::laugh:

Um...you know that article was PURE satire, right?

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ya that was a very odd choice to experiment like that in such a key game

Yup and also putting Johnsson in the lineup when he hadn't even played since January and just came back injury. Rookie coach made rookie mistakes, I'm quite positive he's learned and better off because of it. Like the rest of our team, our coach is still learning and getting better.

bikemike66

Jun 28, 2018
Playoffs don't even start for a week. Seems like they want Matthews to lead the team in scoring

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I still can't believe you guys are calling this a meaningless game. It matters very much for seeding. I think this is a big mistake.
I mean just on the surface I'd love to say the Leafs finished a top-5 team in the league.
That's not even accounting for the seeding thing too.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

It doesn't matter what we think. We are not on the ice. The Leafs clearly showed last game that they really don't care about seeding. Leafs were, shall we say, very uninsipired in MTL. I don't expect much different tonight. Just preserve themselves for the playoffs, that's all that matters.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Andersen should never play for the Leafs again. Thank you.
No he should. Why would we not play him that’s make no sense. We acquired him in a trade so we aren’t going to overlook the things we gave up in that trade. He can be a very valuable player in the future, I know he hasn’t been great this year but he can still turn it around and prove himself next year.

We are talking about Joey Right? :)

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Hopefully this is a quick and clean game with no injuries.

Play the bottom six a decent amount with Auston being around 16-18 minutes

Why even bother, just send him and Tavares to the dressing room and lock them in there
I dont' even want to take the chance on the bench

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Why even bother, just send him and Tavares to the dressing room and lock them in there
I dont' even want to take the chance on the bench

I can just imagine if an errant puck pegs a player on the bench and he is out with a concussion. That would be a pretty foreboding sign of this teams fortune if it happened.

We shouldn't expect any big checks tonight, both teams have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Who in their right mind would go overboard with nothing at stake?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I'm like 99.999999999% sure that scratching him is to give him a rest, not punishment. Nobody's that dumb.
One or two out there are “that dumb “

Head coach Marc Crawford decided to leave Wayne Gretzky on the bench for the shootout, choosing instead to afford the famously accurate Ray Bourque an opportunity to pick a corner for the win.
The Great One's reaction pretty much sums up how all of Canada felt after the game was decided.
58XvD45.gif

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad