GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Just finish this season off with a strong defensive performance and actually care. That last game brought back some bad memories.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Last game.

A win will put us 4th in the league ahead of Florida.

Go Leafs Go

I don't care about 4th overall but I care about finishing ahead of PIT so we can avoid COL/LV until the final. I believe we need a point tonight to do that, at least but not sure, perhaps someone else knows better.

This might well be the least interesting game ever.

Two goals, no one get injured. Make the PP suck less.

If we need a point to finish ahead of PIT then it's pretty important actually. Not crucial or anything but I'd much rather face PIT/WSH/CAR/NYI or whoever in the 3rd round instead of COL/LV.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
I have no clue how the seeding works for the winner of the north but Im not scared of a single team in the league so I dont care who we face.

No injuries is a win tonight

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
This is a game I'd sit Matthews and Marner and maybe all of the big 4, as well as any Dmen that are nursing minor injuries.

Don't want them trying for retribution based on us ragdolling them and being such a "dirty team" last couple times we played. (Wheeler, Ehlers, etc.)

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Andersen should start. He needs the reps.

Campbell is use to playing well after not playing for a long time.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Any lines from practice? Curious to see if Nash at 3C and Galchenyuk on the bench is really the way Keefe is thinking for Game 1 when the cap no longer matters
If that is the way he's going, I find it funny that we got Nash to play shutdown 3C for a 7th round pick, and years prior we spent second rounders on rentals like Boyle and Plekanec to play 3C/4C lol Nash is even a guy we could maybe bring back if he gels well. It's exciting other than losing Andersen (re-sign Hyman with the money) and not being able to re-sign Foligno, we should be able to bring most of the band back if this is a successful team

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Pretty sure we need a point to finish ahead of Pitt (comes down to them having more "wins overall"), we already have the tie-breaker over Washington (more ROW). 2 points gives us the tie-breaker over Florida.

Of course if another team in any other division emerges we still could have the best record in the final four. So for example if Florida (assuming we win tonight), Washington, Minny/StL get through, we'd be #1. Small chance but not impossible.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I don't care about 4th overall but I care about finishing ahead of PIT so we can avoid COL/LV until the final. I believe we need a point tonight to do that, at least but not sure, perhaps someone else knows better.

If we need a point to finish ahead of PIT then it's pretty important actually. Not crucial or anything but I'd much rather face PIT/WSH/CAR/NYI or whoever in the 3rd round instead of COL/LV.

I am shocked fans are treating this like a nothing game. It is huge if they want to get to a final. There is no part of me that wants anything to do with Colorado / Vegas in the semi's if they make it. I think Pittsburg holds the tiebreaker. It goes to like the 4th tie breaker which is most wins. All they need is one point. Take care of business tonight and let the cards fall where they may.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I am shocked fans are treating this like a nothing game. It is huge if they want to get to a final. There is no part of me that wants anything to do with Colorado / Vegas in the semi's if they make it. I think Pittsburg holds the tiebreaker. It goes to like the 4th tie breaker which is most wins. All they need is one point. Take care of business tonight and let the cards fall where they may.

I gotta be honest I don't really see the Vegas fear too much. In fact, I think it's underrated as to just how weak the West was this year. I mean how is Minny even good?

Vegas has no centers. They've benefitted from elite goaltending this year but still don't necessarily have a clear edge in net in any series.

Vegas has also never actually beat a quality playoffs opponent. Last year they only beat Chicago and Vancouver, two teams that were not even really playoffs caliber. The year before they beat nobody. The only good team they beat in that magical first year run was the Jets.

They're a good team sure but I don't fear them much. At least not compared to the likes of TB or BOS.

I think I'm still more worried about TB and BOS than even COL, tbh.

Reactions: ponder and Bust

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah it's kind of weird. We clinched 1st place, we know we play MTL, the 3rd round is still far away so maybe people are just complacent? Not me man, I have my eye on the big prize and I couldn't agree more, I do NOT want COL/LV in the 3rd round, anybody but them.

I hope Keefe isn't treating this like a nothing game. I'd tell the players to just go out there and do your thing like you've been doing all year but getting a point tonight is indeed a valuable prize!

Reactions: LeafsRus

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Vegas has also never actually beat a quality playoffs opponent. Last year they only beat Chicago and Vancouver, two teams that were not even really playoffs caliber. The year before they beat nobody. The only good team they beat in that magical first year run was the Jets.

If that's the criteria, I guess no team should be afraid of us either. They'd be wrong, just like you're wrong.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If that's the criteria, I guess no team should be afraid of us either. They'd be wrong, just like you're wrong.
I don't think anyone is scared of this Leafs team, hopefully we can prove them wrong, but there's a target on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad