GDT: Leafs @Jets. 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
One or two out there are “that dumb “

Head coach Marc Crawford decided to leave Wayne Gretzky on the bench for the shootout, choosing instead to afford the famously accurate Ray Bourque an opportunity to pick a corner for the win.
The Great One's reaction pretty much sums up how all of Canada felt after the game was decided.
58XvD45.gif

To me that was the right decision. Maybe not Bourque but that was a gutsy call and I can back that up. Wayne was in decline by his standard by then and was on longer a goal scorer. Hasek was just something else at the time. You needed a perfect shot, no dekeing would have worked.

I give him credit for having the balls

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I mean just on the surface I'd love to say the Leafs finished a top-5 team in the league.
That's not even accounting for the seeding thing too.

IKR? I thought the same thing but someone already corrected me that they changed it to RW's last year. We have 3 to spare against Florida.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
A win would be nice. .. but like many have said... no injuries. I think most the players on these teams will be alright here.

They may meet 2nd round but no sense in going to crazy here.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I remember Doug Gilmour got kicked out of a beer league for cross checking someone beginning of the game

He said, I couldn't help it, I don't know how to play any other way

It will be very hard for some players to resistant to hit

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
That entire sequence in our zone started with Tavares trying to deke out the other team at their blueline. Johnny, I love ya but you don't have that in the toolbox buddy.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I would like to see Jets take out Oilers. Just so I can stop hearing about Connor

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
That entire sequence in our zone started with Tavares trying to deke out the other team at their blueline. Johnny, I love ya but you don't have that in the toolbox buddy.

He does have it in his toolbox, just doesn't have to use that tool in that situation. Sometimes I feel he has too much confident in his skillset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad