Rumor: Leafs interested in Bert + DET interested in Hyman? 1st post updated

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Pagnotta linking Montreal and New Jersey to Bertuzzi. What about Kotkaniemi? Montreal has Danault and Suzuki and Evans already at C and Kotka was the odd man out at times

I've believed in Kotkaniemi for awhile, but I wish he showed just a little more promise these playoffs. That said, he just turned 21 this month, so he's still got time to figure it out. It would be one of the better young roster pieces we'd likely get for Bert.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
They would tell you to pound sand most likely.

Yeah I don't think they'd do that but Kotka and Romanov would be a great haul. With that said if we are dealing Bert, I'm a little leary of dealing Ras too. Right now those are the only youngish top 9 guys with any physical presence that we have in the system. You need guys that can create space for guys like Zadina, Raymond, JB, Larkin etc, and if we have two solid top 6 centers in Kotka and Larkin then I'm not opposed to pushing Ras to the wing.

Reactions: David D and NickH8

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
They would tell you to pound sand most likely.

Maybe.

...or maybe Yzerman has a blackmail dossier on the other GMs in the league which allows him to win every trade he makes?

GMSY: "Hey Bergie, how about the Romanov kid and KK? Do you have them on the market?"
GMMB: "Sorry Stevie, but I don't think I'm ready to part ways with them just yet."
GMSY: "Well that's a shame. Hey, I just had a funny thought from back when we were teammates. Do you remember that time you got the clap on that western road trip and you had to tell your wife that you took a puck to your horn during practice when she asked why you were hurting? That was hilaaarious. Speaking of your wife, how is she? Lisa and the girls say hi."
GMMB: "...so, uh...it looks like we may be exploring some new opportunities and reshaping our roster..."
GMSY: "That's what I like to hear."

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Idk why Bergevin would go all in considering Weber may have a career ending injury, but if he does believe in his team that much then Bert provides similar value to a playoff team that Kotka provides to a rebuilding team

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
"Anyway, as I was saying Seth, let's just get a fresh start in Chicago together."

I hate how well the Chicago rebuild is going. I've been saying it for years and it just keeps happening.

Yeah. Winning that series was supposed to punish them last year and Reichel might just be a stud.
But that defense is going to take some time and a couple more serious pieces.
Boqvist. Beaudin. Mitchell.
Those are three nice puckmoving D. But who's actually going to play defense?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Maybe.

...or maybe Yzerman has a blackmail dossier on the other GMs in the league which allows him to win every trade he makes?

GMSY: "Hey Bergie, how about the Romanov kid and KK? Do you have them on the market?"
GMMB: "Sorry Stevie, but I don't think I'm ready to part ways with them just yet."
GMSY: "Well that's a shame. Hey, I just had a funny thought from back when we were teammates. Do you remember that time you got the clap on that western road trip and you had to tell your wife that you took a puck to your horn during practice when she asked why you were hurting? That was hilaaarious. Speaking of your wife, how is she? Lisa and the girls say hi."
GMMB: "...so, uh...it looks like we may be exploring some new opportunities and reshaping our roster..."
GMSY: "That's what I like to hear."
Wow....LOL....making Yzerman sound like a Mafia Don. Amazing.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
And people here still want this guy?
That's gotta be SY doing a token tire-kicking, while simultaneously creating even more of a buzz for the elusive power forward types aka Bert. Also, TOR being 1 of the numerous teams linked to Bert (probably a lot more than we're told), may lose Hyman & wanna put a serious better offer on the table. Gotta compete with TCOTHU (Mtl.)

Teams 1-7 that missed out on Hyman can now be directed to a younger, better vs.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
"We like our team moving forward." After signing Hyman to an 8 year deal, 4.5 mil per year.

I could see this guy picking up Helm for 2 mil a season and some other Wings retreads.

Ken Holland with cap space is sure something, it's like he loses his object permanence and thinks if he doesn't spend it as soon as possible on whatever he can find it's gonna disappear

it's actually kinda amusing to watch when it's another team

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Idk why Bergevin would go all in considering Weber may have a career ending injury, but if he does believe in his team that much then Bert provides similar value to a playoff team that Kotka provides to a rebuilding team

Any chance Montreal is leaking out fake Weber injury stories so they can expose him and protect someone they don't want to lose?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Any team offering > $4.5 * 3yrs for Hyman will start to regret it.

I wouldn't want us to pay a $ more, nor any longer & only as a Bert replacement (if SY gets a good return). Concrentrate our efforts/cap/$ on Top6 C/Top4LD & moveable trade assets (Hyman yr.#1-2).

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Any team offering > $4.5 * 3yrs for Hyman will start to regret it.

I wouldn't want us to pay a $ more, nor any longer & only as a Bert replacement (if SY gets a good return). Concrentrate our efforts/cap/$ on Top6 C/Top4LD & moveable trade assets (Hyman yr.#1-2).

The reality is whatever GM offers Hyman 5+ years won’t be the one buying him out. It’s just about trying to win now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad