Friedman: Leafs in on Giordano, teams also waiting on Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
They would do better targeting a guy like Nick Leddy. Anybody watching Seattle games doesn't need to be told how bad Giordano's skating is.. I liked him in 2014, not so much in 2022.

Reactions: Oryxo

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
As a Flames fan, I really hope he doesn't end up with the Leafs. I don't want to have to cheer against him AND Brodie.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You submit your NTC at the start of the year. You can't just change it depending on how you're feeling that day.
Are you sure this is the rule? At deadlines in the past, I am sure of it teams have asked players if and where they wanted to go at the deadline.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Francis owes this guy nothing. If he focuses on one team for the sake of Gio's feelings, he's not doing his job, Get the best deal you can anywhere you can find it, and send him a Christmas card.
They don’t owe him anything but treating a veteran with respect is something players around the league will notice.
Not treating a respected veteran with with respect is also something players around the league will notice.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
They don’t owe him anything but treating a veteran with respect is something players around the league will notice.
Not treating a respected veteran with with respect is also something players around the league will notice.

Giordano has been treated with every bit of respect you could ever do, because he deserves it.
He's also a guy that doesn't come across like a guy to screw his team and make demands to put them in a bad position.

To me, it's yet another overblown thing by the canadian(and therefore Toronto) media trying to generate as many clicks as possible to be able to sell ad space.

I mean, next it's most likely Lebrun or someone else talking about Gio loving unicorns in Maple Leaf colours which will be followed by a classic Friedman of "he may or may not get traded to Toronto" or something like that....

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I doubt that Gio will be enough for Toronto to survive the upcoming eastern bloodbath in the playoffs....

Last edited:

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
I’d offer a conditional 3rd and a B prospect for Giordano, becomes a 2nd if Leaf’s make SCF

Reactions: Ciao

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Makes no sense to me to target gio and have Sandin sit when muzzin comes back. Sandin has been better then Muzz all year. Target a top 4 Rhd like Mayfield if anything.

Reactions: Ciao

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

The same veteran that desperately didn't want to go to Seattle and wanted to stay in Calgary at the time of the expansion draft?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
As a Flames fan, I really hope he doesn't end up with the Leafs. I don't want to have to cheer against him AND Brodie.
You wouldn't have to. You can cheer for the players or the team, or just ignore the games.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
I don't see any fit for the leafs.
What Giordano will do to fix the problem defensively?

If you've watched the Leafs this year you'd know they've been getting < .900% since the beginning of 2022. Yet, still winning games.

Literally what they need is a goaltender to play as an average starter, and it would make a huge difference. Small sample size, but look at the team (without AM34) has done the past 2 games while FINALLY getting some saves.

A player of Giordano's calibre will help. Is he the Norris winner of 2019? No, but his experience, and skill he can help.

ESPECIALLY with a competent goaltender.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
By all means treat him with the respect he deserves, which the Kraken certainly have done. That doesn't negate the GM getting the best deal he can for the franchise.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bruins and Rangers have lots of cap flexibility as playoff teams. I see the Bruins making a move for Lindholm. Not sure what they have to offer beyond the 1st but he fits well with McAvoy IMO. I called it right that the Panthers were going to make a move for Chiarot (on the Habs boards). And my prediction is the Bruins land Lindholm. They don't need a 3rd team to retain as well. Other teams do which makes it more trickier

Lindholm / McAvoy
Grzelcyk / Carlo
Reilly / Forbort or Clifton

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Then cheer with us :) I hate Calgary but Iginla is my favorite player of all time so I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for them regardless of how I feel about Tkachuk

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Dubas has always said he doesn’t want rentals. He specifically went out of his way to say last year that the doesn’t normally give up firsts for rentals and doesn’t like rentals.

He said last year the specific combination of expansion and flat cap and no juniors made him more comfortable

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The chemistry between Gio and Brodie makes him an interesting option. Obviously depends on the price.

To be fair... there probably isn't enough Brodie to go around...

Rielly & Brodie have been great these past 2 years together.

Want a great shutdown pair? Muzzin and Brodie!

Giordano & Brodie obviously have that long history of Calgary-chemistry.

That being said, you may be able to look at it as a "Tampa mold" for the D... where they have Hedman/McDonagh/Segachev on the left; and nothing too exciting on the right (Cernak, Rutta, plus whomever they get as a deadline addition).

I guess the challenge is... if you figure that Hedman/McDonagh/Serg are similar / probably a bit better than Rielly/Muzzin/Giordano; and that Brodie is similar / probably a bit better than Cernak.... are some combination of Holl/Lyubushkin/Liljegren good enough to fill those last 2 spots?

Reactions: teddygmr

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
yes they should you have Matthews playing at the peak of his powers. Marner is also playing at the peak of his powers, same thing with Rielly, or damn close to it, Bunting is leading all rookies in points and goals

the PP and PK are elite

they just needc to add a goalie that can give them a save if they can do that they can beat anybody.

now is the time
They're going out first round. They aren't beating Tampa or Florida.

So is matthews the best player in the league or is Bunting the best rookie. It can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad