Friedman: Leafs in on Giordano, teams also waiting on Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
You submit your NTC at the start of the year. You can't just change it depending on how you're feeling that day.
Not necessarily. Depends on how they're structured. Some only need to be provided if asked other need to be submitted on a certain day of the year. Depends entirely on what was negotiated.

Last edited:

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Just like Foligno, I think Giordano is a good player for the Leafs to target. Just like Foligno, I expect that he will cost far too much and will not make a difference in our playoff winning or losing. If a deal is made, I expect that I will hate it, but I'd still cheer for the guy.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
It isn’t strictly helping them out, it’s helping Seattle out as well. If Carolina makes the best offer it would be stupid not to take it for his own personal reasons. He has to keep Seattle’s best interests in mind, not his own.
What would your offer be?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
It depends on how the contract is written they are all different.

I don't think that's true. I'm almost certain that partial no trade lists have to be submitted in the off-season and are locked in until the following off-season when they can be changed.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I don't think that's true. I'm almost certain that partial no trade lists have to be submitted in the off-season and are locked in until the following off-season when they can be changed.
Nope it depends on the contract and the language with witch it’s written.
The way you describe is the most common form but not the only one

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Hopefully the leafs can use his desire as leverage and obtain him at a fair price .

Don't mind adding him but not selling the farm for him either.

Only way it would work is if muzzin remains out into play offs . Or you take Engvall + Dermott / Holl and Giordano comes back at 50%

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Just like Foligno, I think Giordano is a good player for the Leafs to target. Just like Foligno, I expect that he will cost far too much and will not make a difference in our playoff winning or losing. If a deal is made, I expect that I will hate it, but I'd still cheer for the guy.
He will break some knees, ala how Carolina injured so many players against teams they played in 2006. He will help.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
FWIW, Lebrun has said he's gotten the impression that Giordano would accept a move to practically any contender.

Reactions: banks

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He will break some knees, ala how Carolina injured so many players against teams they played in 2006. He will help.
If you can't beat 'em, trade for 'em. He'd be in a Leafs jersey, so at least we'd all get the catharsis of seeing him get a long suspension.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Gross I hope not. This'll be even worse than the Foligno trade I'm sure
As long as Gio plays there's no chance it'll be worse than the Foligno trade. The worst part of that trade wasn't even that we acquired him, it was that Dubas decided Hall wasn't the right fit here and Foligno was.

Reactions: TML1990

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
As long as Gio plays there's no chance it'll be worse than the Foligno trade. The worst part of that trade wasn't even that we acquired him, it was that Dubas decided Hall wasn't the right fit here and Foligno was.

I really thought we needed the grit that Foligno provides. I thought we were locked and loaded last season and primed to go on a big run. I think that Gio can help but only if the stars actually play well and don't cower.

Ledge And Dairy

You are way off.

Giordano won't cost what Chiarot cost because he quite clearly isn't as good, let alone "far better." Chiarot would have been an excellent fit for the Leafs cause he can skate with that up-tempo team they have and he can log 20+ minutes and wear down the opposition while contributing an excellent shot to the Leafs high end offence. Chiarot would also have added some imposing size to the Leafs blue line, which it needs, and his physical play and good speed means he's always taking away time and space in the defensive zone.

Giordano's skating is nowhere close to Chiarot's and is below average. He needs to rely on his smarts and hockey IQ to be effective at all anymore and he doesn't have good size to really be a physical presence on the blue line and certainly doesn't create problems for people going to the net or heading into the corners.

Giordano is a "name" but he's no longer a player that will make any kind of difference for the Maple Leafs. They'd be much better off looking at Middleton or Braun if they are going to go after a blue liner that is only a marginally upgrade. Giordano is not the answer at all.
It's impressive that you managed to describe Giordano as a player in your first paragraph bit then described him as someone else entirely in the second paragraph

Reactions: exporta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad