Rumor: Leafs have inquired about C Luke Glendening

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He spends a considerable amount of time against other teams top forwards than he does against other teams bottom 6 forwards.

Point is, he’d be facing bottom 6 guys at 5v5 under Babcock, and not facing the tough competition he currently is. It’d likely bring his numbers up.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't dislike Glendening, I'm not wild about how much term he's still got on his deal but what really worries me is the fact Babcock played him 16+ minutes 39 times

I don't have a breakdown on how the minutes were distributed, tons of PK's or injury to other guys but that seems like a **** load for a 4th liner

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It’s a strong likelihood at this point, will depend on where the price is. Lou seems to be starting low (apparently offering a 5th) and I don’t think many Gm’s can beat Lou in a negotiation, so I’ll bet we are all satisfied with the price.

Luke Glendening would be a fantastic add;

- Great in the draws
- speed
- another good option on the PK
- scoring at a 25 point pace on the 4th line of a low scoring team.
- His analytics, despite a low CF% are strong otherwise. Very strong xGF% (essentially a better Corsi) high defensive zone starts
- draws penalties and doesn’t take much

People for seem reason seem to look at his overall Corsi and scream bloody murder, when that includes his PK Corsi lol.

His 5v5 is in the 46-47% range, which while not good, isn’t horrible awful and could go up to around 50, especially playing with a guy like Kapanen
The guy starts around 65% of his shifts in the defensive zone at even strength. I don't get how people expect him to have a good Corsi with that crazy usage.
I'm thinking a Martin + something for Glendening could be a good add.

If the wings have some contract space a Martin+Moore+3rd or something for Glendening would help the Leafs a ton

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He spends a considerable amount of time against other teams top forwards than he does against other teams bottom 6 forwards.

Point is, he’d be facing bottom 6 guys at 5v5 under Babcock, and not facing the tough competition he currently is. It’d likely bring his numbers up.
If Babcock played komarov for 18 minutes a night against top competition, we can't rule it out honestly

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
The guy starts around 65% of his shifts in the defensive zone at even strength. I don't get how people expect him to have a good Corsi with that crazy usage.
I'm thinking a Martin + something for Glendening could be a good add.

If the wings have some contract space a Martin+Moore+3rd or something for Glendening would help the Leafs a ton
I dont think the red wings are in a position to be taking back salary. They have some horrible contracts and they're most likely looking to clear cap space to resign Larkin and Mantha.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Get ready for a Hyman-Glendening-Komarov top line + #1PP/PK. That line is going to live so right it's going to scare you.

Reactions: hotpaws

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
read this morning Leafs offered a 5th, Detroit countered with a 2nd. The dance begins. Give them the St. Louis 4th, but no more.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I don't dislike Glendening, I'm not wild about how much term he's still got on his deal but what really worries me is the fact Babcock played him 16+ minutes 39 times

I don't have a breakdown on how the minutes were distributed, tons of PK's or injury to other guys but that seems like a **** load for a 4th liner

So as usual, without the necessary information or insight on the bigger picture of an 82 game season + playoffs, you’re just bashing babcocks coaching.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
All I know is that, thank god McDonaugh isn't a right handed dman, we would probably be trading some serious chit for him, if that were the case.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I dont think the red wings are in a position to be taking back salary. They have some horrible contracts and they're most likely looking to clear cap space to resign Larkin and Mantha.
Fair enough. Are they that close to the cap? Hadn't looked but figured they have some room considering how terrible their team is and guys like Mike Green will be gone by the end of the season.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
He's one of the worst NHLers presently playing. What a terrible idea. People say he is deployed defensively, but that's changed dramatically this year -- his ZSR is 50%, and his results are still godawful. Run, run, run. He's Polak at F.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This could be interesting if it evolves into a larger trade involving multiple pieces. If we were to get Glendening and Green, that would address both areas of need on our roster. If we could accomplish that by giving up secondary assets, it might be worth a look.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's one of the worst NHLers presently playing. What a terrible idea. People say he is deployed defensively, but that's changed dramatically this year -- his ZSR is 50%, and his results are still godawful. Run, run, run. He's Polak at F.
What conclusion can be drawn if he is brought in?

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
If we can send back Martin I'm all for grabbing Glendening and getting some much needed center depth. We have to send a roster player back and I doubt the Leafs would sacrifice any depth to do so. Martin is really the only option we have.

Martin & Conditional 2nd (if we make the finals or something otherwise 3rd) for Glendening. Lou has to find a home for Martin if he plans on adding any depth to this team for a playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00