Rumor: Leafs have inquired about C Luke Glendening

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Also retweeted by Darren Dreger if that means anything.

Not sure how I feel about this one, here are his advanced stats for those interested, they don't seem good but I'm not super knowledgeable on advanced stats. 57% on draws though.

edit: also has 3 years left on his contract after this season with a $1.8M cap hit.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
is he a player babcock loved in Detroit? even a 7th might be too much for him. Moore for Glendening and a 5th? what a waste of time lou talking to Detroit about this

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Only way this works is if it's a very soft deal and/or sending Martin back.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not going to say i think we should be interested on him.

Edit: i just changed my mind whenni seen his faceoff% for the year is 57.8 %!!!! He would help and i did not realize he is a right shot also.

He is more interesting after having a look quockly. I haven't seen him play this year either. He plays all forward positions also and is signed for 3 yeats more after this one.

A good energy guy for all situations defensively. So now i am more interested.

Last edited:

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
is he a player babcock loved in Detroit? even a 7th might be too much for him. Moore for Glendening and a 5th? what a waste of time lou talking to Detroit about this

He's a Shift Disturber and a Rat, Babs loves him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well he would be an upgrade on Moore, and he is much younger, if you bring in Glendening then it is clear that Gauthier is not in your plans, because if he was you don't bring in a guy with a long term deal.

It makes me wonder if Maybe Gauthier goes the other way as part of the deal so they don't end up back at 50 contracts

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Shouldn't come as a surprise.
Babcock isn't unique, all Coaches have players they like and trust.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The AAV seems okay for a 4C, but the term may or may not be, depending on the view of our C prospects (Aaltonen, perhaps still Gauthier). Don't know how much any possible return might factor into it. (not a UFA, but a 4C)

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Great on faceoffs, solid defensively and can play with an edge. I'd be perfectly fine with this. Babcock apparently loved him in Detroit as well.

Martin would have to go though for sure.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
apparently he's good at defense and is having a career year

he should get a 2nd according to red wings

how do you guys feel about that?

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario

Would rather do Leivo/Moore/Gauthier + a 4th or something like that. Not crazy about continually trading 2nd rounders for 4th liners. At least he has a bit of term so it would solve the 4C issue.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

The Hockey News

SCOUTING REPORT
ASSETS:
Displays very sound defensive instincts and plenty of versatility up front. Works hard on the ice and is trustworthy for coaches to utilize in key situations.
FLAWS:
His offensive upside is somewhat in question, and he's probably going to be limited to a bottom-six forward role at the National Hockey League level.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
Versatile defensive forward.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Would rather do Leivo/Moore/Gauthier + a 4th or something like that. Not crazy about continually trading 2nd rounders for 4th liners. At least he has a bit of term so it would solve the 4C issue.
i think it'd be one of leivo/goat if a player is traded + a draft pick

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well he would be an upgrade on Moore, and he is much younger, if you bring in Glendening then it is clear that Gauthier is not in your plans, because if he was you don't bring in a guy with a long term deal.

It makes me wonder if Maybe Gauthier goes the other way as part of the deal so they don't end up back at 50 contracts
Pickard and Goat?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad