Rumor: Leafs have inquired about C Luke Glendening

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
It's almost 5 years since he was drafted, and he's turning 23. The window is closing, time is running out. What concerned me is Gauthier got worse during his stint, a couple games he looked like he didn't even belong. Plus, as you say Moore is whatever at this point, and yet Fred couldn't win a job.

Oh, i don't agree at all , some so called "young" prospects trying to crack the roster
Aalt 24
Rosen 24
Johnsson 23
Borg 22
Goat 22

Plenty of time left for the big man.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Oh, i don't agree at all , some so called "young" prospects trying to crack the roster
Aalt 24
Rosen 24
Johnsson 23
Borg 22
Goat 22

Plenty of time left for the big man.
Only one of those names there has played in NA his whole career. I'm not saying he's done, but I think the Leafs don't see him in that role at the moment and time is running out to prove everyone wrong.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The PK thing is nice but it's a luxury, were already one of the best PK teams in the league

We're talking about trading assets for a guy with a long contract to "fix" a position that hasn't been a problem since Babcock changed the lineup

So why the hell are we doing this in the first place when we can get a cheap UFA in the summer?

What comparable UFA's are going to come at 1.8m? Jay Beagle? Torrey Mitchell? It looks like Beagle might be better than Glendening but it also 4 years older and probably looking for a bigger contract.
There's also Derek Ryan who's 31 having a decent year but that probably means a decent contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->