Proposal: Leafs/Flames

Sep 13, 2009
Why not? I mean if they need what Tkachuk brings then so be it,but Willy has a different tool set. Also more versatile. Not sure how many Leaf fans would be content with an even up trade.I would if Willy wants too much money or something,but it was mainly the Marner connection that the thought was born out of!

Because Tkachuk bleeds Calgary red.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Because Tkachuk bleeds Calgary red.
Those types are not easy to let go,even if they are a liability at times,which he appears to be,has a reputation for not being the brightest bulb. Would likely have issues with Babcock anyway. Still value wise I see Willy being better!

Sep 13, 2009
There's 7 "defense to Toronto" threads on the 1st page of the trade forum, it's a good thing you're here with this revelation or we may never have realized that

we need a good RHD, Hamonic has not been good for a couple of years. He's not close to getting you Nylander, and there seems to be a lot of Flames fans who think Tkachuk>Nylander but I really don't know how someone objectively puts one over the other at this point in their careers.

If you don't like what Hamonic brings then fine. I'm just saying that's who the Flames would be offering. I don't want Nylander anyways.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
If you don't like what Hamonic brings then fine. I'm just saying that's who the Flames would be offering. I don't want Nylander anyways.
it's hard to like a defensive defenseman who's not good at defense, so please do keep him.

"I don't want Nylander" should set off all the alarms that your bias is making your decisions for you, he's a level of player that every team in the league wants, just like Tkachuk

Reactions: loyaltotheend

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Tkachuk hamonic for Nylander + something small. Depending on Calgary’s needs
Tkachuk is better (and younger) than Nylander. That something small would have to be something not small. Also, no. But talking straight value it's not there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
50 is not greater than 60
You do know there is more to hockey than straight points, right?

Tkachuk's career 0.67 points per game isn't exactly very far behind Nylander's 0.73 points per game (it's a difference of 4-5 points over 82 games).

Tkachuk plays a better all around game, drives one of the top possession lines in the league and was drafted 2 years later.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Toronto fans are delusional if they think Nylander lands them Tkachuk. Try watching more than Leafs games for a change. Tkachuk makes a much bigger impact on the game than does Nylander. HAMONIC would be the core piece going back to Toronto in any potential Nylander trade. Not Tkachuk! :loony:

Give us a call when Tkachuk hits 50 points for the first time in his career.

Sep 13, 2009
it's hard to like a defensive defenseman who's not good at defense, so please do keep him.

"I don't want Nylander" should set off all the alarms that your bias is making your decisions for you, he's a level of player that every team in the league wants, just like Tkachuk

Good luck signing him. And Marner. And Matthews. And fixing that D core of yours. :biglaugh:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Good luck signing him. And Marner. And Matthews. And fixing that D core of yours. :biglaugh:
Here's how that translates: "Your position is hilarious because you have an abundance of talent, and need one guy to make your roster strong on all fronts...especially given that your best prospect is the exact position of need and you have an abundance of picks and more young forward talent than you need so you can always make a trade"

It's amazing that you think you're getting the last laugh here

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Here's how that translates: "Your position is hilarious because you have an abundance of talent, and need one guy to make your roster strong on all fronts...especially given that your best prospect is the exact position of need and you have an abundance of picks and more young forward talent than you need so you can always make a trade"

Don't get me wrong, JFF is being ridiculous, but reading this thread he's far from being the most ridiculous

Sep 13, 2009

Are you talking about Lilewhogren? Or Rasmus - don't call me "Sundin" - Sandin? I guess you have no holes then. Why are there 7 "defense to Toronto" threads on the 1st page again?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
definitely not better than Nylander, what you said is so false.
Tkachuk is one of the best defensive wingers in the league under the age of 25, and he produced at a similar rate to Nylander last season, so you're free to have your opinion, but we're going to have to disagree.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agree, there's lots of crazy in here from both sides. He was just the most recent when I checked in
Speaking of thwarting stupid comments......

@Notsince67

Since you seem to think Tkachuk was a reach at 6th overall, just want to provide you some stats.....

As previously mentioned (which you naturally ignored), the last player drafted 6th overall to outscore Tkachuk in his first 2 NHL seasons was Peter Forsberg in his D+5 & D+6 seasons. The last (and only) player to be drafted 6th overall and outproduce Tkachuk in his D+1 and D+2 seasons was Don Murdoch, who was drafted in 1976

giphy.gif

Reactions: Randy Randerson

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Tkachuk is one of the best defensive wingers in the league under the age of 25, and he produced at a similar rate to Nylander last season, so you're free to have your opinion, but we're going to have to disagree.
I would argue Tkachuk is the best U-25 winger that can also score 20-30 goals. He is a bigger version of Marchand without the brainfarts.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Toronto fans are delusional if they think Nylander lands them Tkachuk. Try watching more than Leafs games for a change. Tkachuk makes a much bigger impact on the game than does Nylander. HAMONIC would be the core piece going back to Toronto in any potential Nylander trade. Not Tkachuk! :loony:

Call someone else delusional, finish up with the bolded... doing great guy!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Absolutely terrible for the Flames. Hanifin will be a top top 2 D when he develops a bit more and Bennett is due to break out. We don't need Nylander at all, huge pass.

My goodness, that's a lot of optimism.

Tre is a hard working GM, of course he made an inquiry on Nylander. Can’t see anything happening though.

Nylander isn’t a piece that sets you over the top. Calgary won’t spend the assets needed.

Over the top of what, exactly?

Switch Bennett with Monahan

Monahan is a good player, but why would Toronto want to spend significant assets for a guy who is going to play on the 3rd line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad