Proposal: Leafs/Flames

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You wouldn't do backlund for matthews either. You'd find a way to spin that as well haatley. Btw, is it fun being willfully ignorant? I dunno, I just never tried it... yet.

Just because he doesn’t feel his team need a guy like Nylander over newly acquired Hanifin doesn’t mean you have to shit on him. I think Hanifin/Nylander is pretty close in value right now and if Hanifin has a good season he’s moving far far ahead of Nylander in terms of value. Calgary would have more to lose than win in that situation

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Just because he doesn’t feel his team need a guy like Nylander over newly acquired Hanifin doesn’t mean you have to **** on him. I think Hanifin/Nylander is pretty close in value right now and if Hanifin has a good season he’s moving far far ahead of Nylander in terms of value. Calgary would have more to lose than win in that situation
Oh look, its the second worst poster when it comes to posting about the leafs defending the worst! Yeah I will shit on him for his horrendous takes and no hanifan is not close to nylander. Are you bergevin?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just because he doesn’t feel his team need a guy like Nylander over newly acquired Hanifin doesn’t mean you have to **** on him. I think Hanifin/Nylander is pretty close in value right now and if Hanifin has a good season he’s moving far far ahead of Nylander in terms of value. Calgary would have more to lose than win in that situation
This is the same fanbase where many of them argued that Hylander was worth more than Hamilton, there really is no point arguing, it's the way every Leafs thread goes because their fanbase is so large that their vocal minority of unreasonable fans is larger than alot of complete fanbases.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Oh look, its the second worst poster when it comes to posting about the leafs defending the worst! Yeah I will **** on him for his horrendous takes and no hanifan is not close to nylander. Are you bergevin?

This is the same fanbase where many of them argued that Hylander was worth more than Hamilton, there really is no point arguing, it's the way every Leafs thread goes because their fanbase is so large that their vocal minority of unreasonable fans is larger than alot of complete fanbases.

Yeah, I get that. Every time they think I am bashing their players when in fact, I’m just being realistic. They’re the first ones to say a winger doesn’t get you a top C or D and then turn around and ask for the best of the beat young D for their winger and shit on everyone who says it doesn’t make sense

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think it was more that Leafs fans recognized that Hamilton wasn't the kind of defenseman they should be targeting and therefore wouldn't trade Nylander for him.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
trashing Tkachuk isn't bright for sure - in a redraft I think he either stays at 6th or moves up to 5th: Matthews, Laine, I think there's a case that Columbus stays PLD because of the need for a center, Sergachev, Keller, Tkachuk. But I think Tkachuck has shown more than PLD in the NHL so far, so on results I'd say that he moves up a spot and I don't see an argument for him moving down

Similarly with Nylander, I think he would go 5th or 6th in a re-draft: Ekblad, Draisatl, Point, Pastrnak, Ehlers/Nylander interchangeable

Tkachuk started a year younger than Nylander so I think that Tkachuk's 2nd and Nylanders 1st full years are what should be compared, and they're very similar - both very productive possession players with Tkachuk being more-so, both with 60pt seasons (I'll give Tkachuk credit for being able to maintain that pace for another 14 games), both played better than their boxscore totals would indicate because they had low OIsh%'s for guys playing with really good linemates with Nylander being more unlucky. Tkachuk averaged about 40 seconds more PP time per game than Nylander at the same age, and is 6 months younger in his birth year (2 drafts, late 1997 bday vs. mid 1996 bday)

Nylander was not as good in his 2nd full season than he was in his first, but was in the ballpark and development isn't linear so I don't think Tkachuk can be reliably projected to be better than he was last season in the coming one, but if he is then I think there's an objective case for Tkachuk>Nylander

for intangibles, Tkachuk has the grit aspect going for him and looks like a better possession player, Nylander might have the ability to move to center

personally I don't think these guys can be separated in value right now, and they might both fit better with the team they're on. Nylander is a playmaker that plays with a guy who's really good at scoring from inside the home plate area in Matthews and Nylander is really good at clean zone entries & making space for himself along the RW boards to look for Matthews in the middle. Tkachuk I think plays more of the Matthews role on his line, being the one who will receive those passes in the home plate area

if someone has an objective way to say one is better than the other, they're better at this than I am. For every item that counts in the favour of one guy, there seems to be another item that goes the other way

calling either one overrated or implying that the other team doesn't want them is just silly, they're both 1st line forwards in their early 20's, every team wants both of these guys

Well said. Theres very few posters on here who actually have a high hockey IQ and you are one of them my friend.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Tkatchuk absolutely over produced in London because of Marner. Just like D Strome did with McDavid the year before
Marner is not mcdavid...

Yeah tkachuk may have overproduced with marner....maybe by 5 pts

Tkchuk is doing absolutely fine in the NHL without marner. As the matter of fact, outscored him in goals last year with less games. Only the blind or a moron couldn't see that.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Well, I've really enjoyed all of this trash talk, so I'll chime in with a proposal that should register some more 'are you crazy' comments...here goes.

To Calgary: Nylander
To Toronto: Lindholm + Andersson

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Well, I've really enjoyed all of this trash talk, so I'll chime in with a proposal that should register some more 'are you crazy' comments...here goes.

So we trade a cost controlled top 4 potential defenseman for an extra... 10-20 points? No thanks.

We just resigned Lindholm to a steal of a deal. Would rather keep our prospect who is NHL blind and the extra 2-2.5m cap space.

Reactions: meefer

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region

Not to worry, the vocal minority of unreasonable ROC'ers who hate anything related to the city of Toronto more than makes up for it. All you have to do is read all of the ridiculous posts made from Flames fans in the Nylander extension thread arguing he should make $8 million per year on his new deal...just...just BECAUSE! So going with that brilliant logic, Tkachuk will easily command $9 mil per year (seeing that he's so much of a better player and all) and put your team through cap hell on his new deal come next summer?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I would do it as a Flames fan but expect Leafs fans will kill it based on how they view Nylander.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
No thanks. The Flames are already soft, they do not need another softie

Gretzky was the softest player ever what's your point???? All these posters that call Nylander a soft player don't know what they are talking about! He is smart to avoid contact (they cause injuries) He digs in the corners and usually comes out with the puck because of skill not brawn! If you want tough get a hardened criminal who can skate! Some really dumb ass posts about Nylander being too soft (who cares )when he is really too too skilled.

EDIT: I'd rather keep my too too too skilled player than trade for any Flames players soft or not!!!

EDIT AGAIN: BTW when Nylander is on the ice he always has the puck skating circles around the other teams, It's a thing of beauty!!! He doesn't need to be tuff.

Last edited:

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017

Guy is the worst flames troll on this website and you're going to bat for him?

Nevermind, you are like peas in a pod, carry on being ignorant.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Marner is not mcdavid...

Yeah tkachuk may have overproduced with marner....maybe by 5 pts

Tkchuk is doing absolutely fine in the NHL without marner. As the matter of fact, outscored him in goals last year with less games. Only the blind or a moron couldn't see that.

Marner is a PLAYMAKER not a scorer, only a blind man or a moron couldn't see that...which are you?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Why are Flames fans trying to argue that Tkachuk is better than Nylander? The majority of non-Leafs fans believe this as well, don't waste your time with some of the guys in here. Tkachuk is a beast
The vocal/wrong Oilers fans on HF have been quiet lately and we need some vocal/wrong people to fight with. Looks like the Leafs board has been kind enough to lend us some for the foreseeable future.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

I'd pass just based on the possibility that Nylander is going to get 6 to 7 million dollar deal. I don't have much interest in Nylander until I see what he's getting paid.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
If a signed Karlsson doesnt get more than Nylander coming back there is something very wrong with the Ottawa Senators management... Oh wait... Trade incoming in 5,4,3,2...

Karlsson won't sign with anyone, he wants the spotlight on him on July 1st.
Sens fans are getting a return based on only one year of Karlsson, a decent roster player, a very good prospects and a 1st round pick.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You shouldn't talk about yourself that way, you should be more like me.........happy and upbeat! Leafs are now one of the Cup Faves, what could be better...ohh yeah they actually win the cup!! I think it's The Flames fans whose team is going nowhere that are sad and bitter!!!

Let’s start with Leafs defense, maybe? Also, call Toronto a cup fav all you want, they still have the same # of playoff series win than Calgary has over the last.. couple of years?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Let’s start with Leafs defense, maybe? Also, call Toronto a cup fav all you want, they still have the same # of playoff series win than Calgary has over the last.. couple of years?

anybody remember 1967?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3