Proposal: Leafs/Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He was. His point totals were fantastic because of Marner. He was #2 after Marner on MARNER'S LINE. YOU stop changing the subject.
I was responding to a message that Marner be added as a +. Tkachuk is not better than Marner. Marner is not a piece to get Tkachuk. It was a stupid comment and YOU are defending it.
No, we are not defending anything, we are calling you out for your stupid opinions that you felt the need to tack on and attack Tkachuk with

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He was. His point totals were fantastic because of Marner. He was #2 after Marner on MARNER'S LINE. YOU stop changing the subject.
I was responding to a message that Marner be added as a +. Tkachuk is not better than Marner. Marner is not a piece to get Tkachuk. It was a stupid comment and YOU are defending it.

Yep. Tkachuk is more or less a glorified Patty Maroon out there with McDavid.
Not like he produced at a 60 point clip driving his own line or something in the NHL.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Do you honestly think Nylander gets a signed EK?? Nylander is a very good young player but let’s be realistic for a minute. That offer would be beaten by quite a few other teams I’d imagine.

Nylander, Lils and your first might get the conversation started for a signed EK.

I agree there would be another few pieces but Nylander for Karlsson is good as a basis I think.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Do not want Nylander is Soft and Over-rated.
I like Calgary . My 2nd favourite team . I don't post much about the Flames as it seems to be taboo to cheer for both AB teams . I got to ask how's a 2 time 60 point forward is overrated ? Sometimes fans overvalue their own players but fans don't make up stat sheets . Overrating is when Flames fans talk about Johnny hockey being on McDavid's level or their D being top 5 in the NHL .

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Tkachuk for Nylander

(Willy a bit better, Tkachuk a bit cheaper)

Tkachuk - Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - - Tavares - - - Marner
Johnsson - - - Kadri - - - Hyman

Gaudreau - Monahan - Nylander
Neal - - - Backlund - - - Lindholm
Bennett - - - Jankowski - - - Frolik

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Tkachuk for Nylander

False.

Reactions: Haatley

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nylander
Nielsen
Pickard
2nd in 20

For

Bennett
Hanifin
Andersson
Not going to comment on overall value, but a deal like this simply doesn't work for the Flames. If we are moving Hanifin, we would need Andersson as we don't have another NHL ready defenseman to step in as a regular, even dealing 1 would leave us shit, but both is a definite no go. Also, we literally have zero need for Pickard and adding him gives us too many goalies.

Tkachuk for Nylander

Value wise, it's probably close, but Tkachuk is the type of player the Flames have needed for a very long time and fits our needs more than Nylander. So, the Flames would pass.

Simply put, the Flames and Leafs aren't good trade partners anymore. Before the Hamilton deal, yeah, it could work, but not now.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Tkachuk for Nylander

Calgary says no, I wouldn't trade Tkachuk for Nylander, I like the intangibles that Tkachuk have in terms of his play away from the puck and his complete jerk factor.

That first line for Calgary would have no physical presence.

Sep 13, 2009
Toronto fans are delusional if they think Nylander lands them Tkachuk. Try watching more than Leafs games for a change. Tkachuk makes a much bigger impact on the game than does Nylander. HAMONIC would be the core piece going back to Toronto in any potential Nylander trade. Not Tkachuk! :loony:

Last edited:
Reactions: Haatley

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Tkachuk for Nylander

I also thought of this,but my reasoning was based on the Marner /Tkachuk success in junior. Maybe they would be good together again. That said ,I feel Willy is the better over-all player,different skill set,but better.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I also thought of this,but my reasoning was based on the Marner /Tkachuk success in junior. Maybe they would be good together again. That said ,I feel Willy is the better over-all player,different skill set,but better.
If you ignore that fact the Flames won't say yes to such a deal.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If you ignore that fact the Flames won't say yes to such a deal.
Why not? I mean if they need what Tkachuk brings then so be it,but Willy has a different tool set. Also more versatile. Not sure how many Leaf fans would be content with an even up trade.I would if Willy wants too much money or something,but it was mainly the Marner connection that the thought was born out of!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Hamonic is exactly what the Leafs need. A right shot, top-4 stay-at-home D. In fact, the Leafs tried to acquire him from the Islanders before losing out to the Flames. Offence is not your problem, defence is. When will Leafs fans realize that?
There's 7 "defense to Toronto" threads on the 1st page of the trade forum, it's a good thing you're here with this revelation or we may never have realized that

we need a good RHD, Hamonic has not been good for a couple of years. He's not close to getting you Nylander, and there seems to be a lot of Flames fans who think Tkachuk>Nylander but I really don't know how someone objectively puts one over the other at this point in their careers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad