Proposal: Leafs/Flames

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Rumblings on Reddit the flames have inquired on nylander. Not gonna take too seriously, but I wonder what they could give for him

Leafs get:
Hanifin
Sam Bennett

Flames get:
William Nylander
Mid to late round pick

Alright, so I caved and decided to change the op up. Personally, I don't do this deal for the flames, but I could see this being fair value in a vacuum.

Btw, the original proposal was:

Leafs get:
Hamonic
Bennett
Top 10 protected first

Flames get:
Nylander

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No thanks. The Flames are already soft, they do not need another softie

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
We would want something like you would expect for Tkachuk, so use that to figure out the value.

I mean we don't really have any holes in our lineup besides goaltending, so idk what we'd want for him. I mean I wouldn't even consider trading him for any starter in the league with the exception of vasalevski, and even then Tampa would have to give something else as well.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I mean we don't really have any holes in our lineup besides goaltending, so idk what we'd want for him. I mean I wouldn't even consider trading him for any starter in the league with the exception of vasalevski, and even then Tampa would have to give something else as well.
Thats weird. I would have figured a team with no holes would make playoffs.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah that’s a bad offer for Nylander.

I mean Andersson could become a great player. And that first could be great. But no one takes that kind of risk.

But as a Flames fan, sure.

Realistically we would have to include Hanifin.

For me,

A Nylander for Karlsson (signed) deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah that’s a bad offer for Nylander.

I mean Andersson could become a great player. And that first could be great. But no one takes that kind of risk.

But as a Flames fan, sure.

Realistically we would have to include Hanifin.

For me,

A Nylander for Karlsson (signed) deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.

If a signed Karlsson doesnt get more than Nylander coming back there is something very wrong with the Ottawa Senators management... Oh wait... Trade incoming in 5,4,3,2...

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
How about hanifin, and remove the 2019 1st (Bennett still in the deal).

Bennet holds little to no value to us. He's not going to be playing C on a Babcock team, he's not going to be playing in the top-6, and our bottom-6 wingers are a better fit for our system and PK better. There's really nowhere that he'd be a distinct upgrade other than the 4th line.

Reactions: The Big D

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
How about hanifin, and remove the 2019 1st (Bennett still in the deal).
not really interested, but I think the value is there.

If there was a deal to be had, I would've wanted Hamiton and nylander to be the base of a deal, but obviously that ship has sailed.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Tkachuk hamonic for Nylander + something small. Depending on Calgary’s needs

Yeah, no. I'll update the op with hanifin and Bennett, but that's not happening. I mean I could see a tkachuk and nylander swap one for one, but idk if that makes much sense given our recent acquisitions. I would've been more willing before we got Neal and lindholm.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

If there is a Tkachuk-Nylander trade (god no, please no that is awful for the Flames) there is no way that Hamonic is being included on the Flames side with something small on the Leafs side.

The Leafs are the team adding in a 1 for 1 swap.

Reactions: CF84

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Tkachuk has more value than Nylander does. lol @ thinking you can get a #4 d-man as well.

Flames don't need Nylander and Toronto doesn't need anything from the Flames that they'd be willing to give up. Flames already moved Hamilton, their biggest trading piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad