Leafs Fans your thoughts about the Leafs 2018-2019

I think that Leafs....

• Total voters

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
No actually I do NOT have time to search for posts to prove you wrong. It is quite easy enough for you to look and see the same threads that I and many others do. I have a business to run and things to do. You should try it.

Typical of the posters here. Unless you are going to waste endless amounts of time proving each person wrong...you are wrong and they are right. Whatever helps you rationalize your comments and actions I guess.
You're aware of the pot/kettle/black thing right?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Who's saying you do what Columbus did?
You play for multiple shots at the cup and bowing out in the first round may have been acceptable the last few years. Not now. But if you're ok with it, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Anyway, no point discussing anything with you. GTFO

The past two years playoff's shouldn't have even happened to a growing and REBUILDING team. Yet we still took both series to 7 games. Those were bonus series.

Washington took a decade of banging their heads against the wall before they won their cup. The same goes for us.

You and that red guy are truly irrational on almost every level.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
You're aware of the pot/kettle/black thing right?

You do know the meaning of the word
Deflecting don't you?

Look in the mirror. I have a meeting that is much more pressing then searching for posts that you can easily find yourself but are too lazy to do.
Go back to being angry and negative about everything.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Washington took a decade of banging their heads against the wall before they won their cup.

Good for them. Who cares. Look at Vegas last year. More playoff success than the Leafs in how long?!
There's no formula....there's no you have to wait x amount of years before you can win because it took this team x amount of years....

I don't even know what your point is anymore......

Reactions: dsred

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
The GM has painted himself into a corner. Clearly, Marner has been the most valuable forward this year but he is unlikely to make AM kind of money. If he does, what will become of Kappy and Johnsson. Nylander isn't worth it no matter what happens now. Dubas was afraid to alienate a player he thought had much more talent than he does. He should have shown some guts and dumped the kid. The team was doing fine without him. Reward hard work and determination. Right now, there is less than a handful that meet that criteria.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
You do know the meaning of the word
Deflecting don't you?

Look in the mirror. I have a meeting that is much more pressing then searching for posts that you can easily find yourself but are too lazy to do.
Go back to being angry and negative about everything.

Thanks. And please put me on ignore so my negativity doesn't cause you to blow a gasket

Reactions: Al14 and dsred

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
The past two years playoff's shouldn't have even happened to a growing and REBUILDING team. Yet we still took both series to 7 games. Those were bonus series.

Washington took a decade of banging their heads against the wall before they won their cup. The same goes for us.

You and that red guy are truly irrational on almost every level.

TIL being realistic is irrational. That any criticism of any facet of the Leafs is irrational.

We should all have your "rational" opinion right? Then the world would be at peace!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
'16-17: TOR #14 loses to WSH #1 in 6gms, 5 of 6gms end in OT
'17-'18: TOR #7 loses to BOS #4 in 7gms, BOS needs gm7 3rd period comeback to win

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Good for them. Who cares. Look at Vegas last year. More playoff success than the Leafs in how long?!
There's no formula....there's no you have to wait x amount of years before you can win because it took this team x amount of years....

I don't even know what your point is anymore......
His point is he wants to hold others to his definition of what a fan is. To him, fan = cheerleader. I would say that's not how most "rational" people look at it.

Like I have said before, once I identify that type of fan my response is to pity them and chuckle.

Reactions: Al14

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
But you need regular season success to get into the playoffs in the first place.

Of course but, I remember when the Sens fans used to boast about being regular seaosn champs, only to get their asses kicked (by us!) in the playoffs. Regular season success is great, but if it doesn't translate to the playoffs, year after year, it doesn't mean a whole lot.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
And? They go out in 7 we can say we took Boston to 7 we should be proud?

I mean we are frustrated but you have to remember, Bruce Cassidy is a better coach than Babcock. He is getting more out of his players than Babcock is and putting them in the right spots to succeed and they are a pretty solid team.

No shame in losing to them but we have a better line up. They have a better coach and possibly home ice advantage.

It will take one hell of a performance by one of our players to break out of the Babcock system and do something spectacular to end this series on a winning note for the Leafs.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Is there some kind if panic i have missed? Has the s*** hit the fan? Or is it just the smell? No need to panic before the s*** hit. Most of the time it never do.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I mean we are frustrated but you have to remember, Bruce Cassidy is a better coach than Babcock. He is getting more out of his players than Babcock is and putting them in the right spots to succeed and they are a pretty solid team.

No shame in losing to them but we have a better line up. They have a better coach and possibly home ice advantage.

It will take one hell of a performance by one of our players to break out of the Babcock system and do something spectacular to end this series on a winning note for the Leafs.
The funny part is that if the players do this the Babcock fanboys will be here with the old "I told you so" to give him credit when nothing could be further from the truth.

Prediction part two is that they will say it's just that people that think Babcock doesn't have it anymore can't admit they're wrong.

I can also predict what will happen if the Leafs lose in the first round too.

Win/win!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dubas made them soft.

Players play like individuals often

Babcock let's players escape without being held accountable for poor play. Ie.Brown

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Leafs should be like the Patriots now. Just win and be satisfied with nothing less

they're just about there now that we can expect them to beat any team in hockey and be dissappointed if they don't. i.e. legit top contender status.

a nice continuation of our incredible improvement:

15-16: bottom feeder
16-17: bubble team
17-18: borderline contender
18-19: contender

now be honest, did you think they'd be that good already?

Reactions: Pi

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Agreed. Of course the team is going to try to stay competitive as long as possible, but you go for it while you can and don't accept failure. I just keep hearing stats about how good the Leafs are, how the young guys aren't in their prime, about how nothing can be on Babcock because of his pedigree and regular season record.....
All means jack **** if you can't cut it in the playoffs. No excuses.
The GM gets paid for the hard decisions.

For a guy that thinks out of the box, you can’t ignore all the aspects (besides just skill) that go into a winning team.

It starts with skill. But skill has to come with some other stuff as well. It doesn’t end with skill.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
they're just about there now that we can expect them to beat any team in hockey and be dissappointed if they don't. i.e. legit top contender status.

Honestly I had no idea how things would play out. We were really weak at C previously and arguably at D (although I think that is on coaching). But with JT, with Muzzin, with clearing some of the dead-weight out, and adding a few nice pieces, they should be able to beat anyone as you said. Just seems like some are ok with bowing out in the playoffs early because of washington, injuries, Boston is good, still a work in progress etc etc
Just win. No excuses

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007

Well Zeke, according to some posters here, we have the best roster, the best coach, and the best GM ever, so....

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The GM gets paid for the hard decisions.

For a guy that thinks out of the box, you can’t ignore all the aspects (besides just skill) that go into a winning team.

It starts with skill. But skill has to come with some other stuff as well. It doesn’t end with skill.

We all know they have the skill. I think they can and could adapt their game. I see a coach who won't, and I see players that don't want to go to war with said coach. We'll see.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad