Leafs Fans your thoughts about the Leafs 2018-2019

I think that Leafs....

• Total voters

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Yep.
I know it's early days but Muzzin....has not come as advertised IMO.

I wonder if its him being worse than advertised or that Babs kinda broke him. He was a pretty big hitter in LA and loved to take slappers from the point. He now doesn't hit and shoots mainly wristers that Babs seems to love because they get on net (they create hardly any rebounds..but they get on net at least)...Also, he was used to making a 20ft pass...not 60ft useless give up possession passes into the Neutral zone. So many things have changed in him that I can't believe they are just Muzzin. He just has the muscle memory of a different system to go off of and this crazy stuff we play is probably slowing him down a bit.

I think Dubas should have spent a bit more and got Babs what he wanted a RHD...that way he can't complain that he doesn't have the right players all the time. Dubas is basically giving Babs an excuse by not getting the guys he wants for his systems.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The team doesn't look too much better than last year. And we are heading straight for another 1st round exit.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
'18: #7 pts%, #9 row, #6 gdiff
'19: #6 pts%, #4 row, #3 gdiff

Means nothing. A team is judged properly only when you look at the team with the eye test. This team is extremely soft, fact. This team does not consistently put forth it's best effort. This team is heavily relying on Freddy and his hot start while coasting since December. Games get harder as the season goes on and so slumping near the end is far worse a sign.

Your stats are borderline useless without context.

Reactions: dsred

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Means nothing. A team is judged properly only when you look at the team with the eye test. This team is extremely soft, fact. This team does not consistently put forth it's best effort. This team is heavily relying on Freddy and his hot start while coasting since December. Games get harder as the season goes on and so slumping near the end is far worse a sign.

I don't think "fact" means what you think means...

Reactions: Loosie

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Man, some of you folks are making it seem like we've regressed from some big, tough, serious Cup contenders into the worst, softest team in the League. I seem to remember an awful lot of complaining last year, too.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Man, some of you folks are making it seem like we've regressed from some big, tough, serious Cup contenders into the worst, softest team in the League. I seem to remember an awful lot of complaining last year, too.

This team is not a cup contender. Not a real one.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
Honestly barring a few games this team is wicked fun to watch. The only reason we get upset is because we are actually invested in this team. They may have not reached our crazy expectations but marner, Tavares, Riley, Matthews and Anderson have actually been very solid throughout the year.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Honestly barring a few games this team is wicked fun to watch. The only reason we get upset is because we are actually invested in this team. They may have not reached our crazy expectations but marner, Tavares, Riley, Matthews and Anderson have actually been very solid throughout the year.

I find them painfully difficult to watch. To each their own. It's hard to digest the sloppy, effortless play once you've seen what they are capable of.

Reactions: dsred

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I don't think that McQuaid was ever on their radar, that was media generated non-sense, he's a broken down war horse on his way out

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't think that McQuaid was ever on their radar, that was media generated non-sense, he's a broken down war horse on his way out

He wasn't but when the media started driving it some people on here wanted him. And claimed the deadline a failure because we didn't get anyone at all (despite getting Muzzin). And 'even McQuaid could have been gotten for 'cheap'

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
None of the options really describe how I feel. The closest might be #3, but there are obviously issues that they have that are not "fine."

However, I don't feel the angst that some here seem to be experiencing. There are times when teams struggle. This has been an up and down year, with more downs than you might expect from a team near the top of the standings. I keep reminding myself that it isn't easy to build a contending team, yet we've come this far in just a few years. We may be seeing some struggles, but we haven't taken the massive steps back like other teams that appeared to be rounding the corner. I'm happy with the long game that management is playing, and I'll continue to try being patient as this team continues to grow.

Reactions: HOF Paul Henderson

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

and yet, they're better.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
here's a babcock quote for those who think this is all part of the process and could take a few years:

Mike Babcock: “We understand our opportunity is here and now… Next year in sport never comes”

Mike Babcock: "We understand our opportunity is here and now... Next year in sport never comes" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

then why in the name of all that is holy does Babcock refuse to ice the best possible line up? Why does he keep playing Marleau and Brown over Moore and Ennis? Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad