Leafs Fans your thoughts about the Leafs 2018-2019

I think that Leafs....

• Total voters

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Definitely an improvement over previous years, however our lack of defence is definitely an issue.

We're still a young team, full of kids. So a lot of the errors you see happening will correct themselves as the kids learn the league.

We definitely need to get some size, next year.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I couldn't vote in your poll. The options are too binary.

One option blames the players.
One option blames the coach.
One option blames the GM.
One option is for the homers.

I think it goes more like this: We have a roster that shows lack of compete which the coach can't seem to motivate while said coach and GM don't appear to see eye to eye on roster make up.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I couldn't vote in your poll. The options are too binary.

One option blames the players.
One option blames the coach.
One option blames the GM.
One option is for the homers.

I think it goes more like this: We have a roster that shows lack of compete which the coach can't seem to motivate while said coach and GM don't appear to see eye to eye on roster make up.

Considering you have been posting that you want Babcock fired, why would you not vote option two?

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Well if this isn't one of the most negative threads of the year from one of the most negative posters here.

Damn are there really that many of you that are incapable of enjoying a record breaking season and one where we have multiple players having career years?

From the hot takes here the guys might as well just pack their bags and call it a season. Concede to the Bruins or whoever we play as the fans have deemed in their own minds the outcome already.

Holy f*** big deep breaths everyone.

Reactions: Loosie and Tmart335

RLF

May 5, 2014
I Expected
We are as fast and talented as expected and when given free ice, we can take advantage of it. We can score in bunches. We struggle in our own end with coverage and winning battles.

Didn't Expect
We lack compete. I am shocked at how little emotion this teams shows when losing. Just a bunch of sour faces skating off the ice. I would have expected to see some anger at times when losing. It's just not there. The inconsistency of the PP also surprises me.

Reactions: Loosie

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Considering you have been posting that you want Babcock fired, why would you not vote option two?
Because you can't fire all of the players and this team needs to be fixed and there's a logical way to do it. It begins with firing the coach, determining which players (if any) respond better to the new coach, and purging the non competitive players. If this doesn't work then it's likely the GM isn't bringing in the right players and he's gotta go.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Well if this isn't one of the most negative threads of the year from one of the most negative posters here.

Damn are there really that many of you that are incapable of enjoying a record breaking season and one where we have multiple players having career years?

From the hot takes here the guys might as well just pack their bags and call it a season. Concede to the Bruins or whoever we play as the fans have deemed in their own minds the outcome already.

Holy **** big deep breaths everyone.

What record are we breaking? Most big game no shows in a season! This team for whatever reason cock real bad in pressure situations. It's a systemic problem that won't be fixed this season. I hope the management analyzes this team from top to bottom in the off season and finds the root of the problem and finds a way to fix.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007

Holy **** big deep breaths everyone.
All of these individual accomplishments aren't translating to team success. That said, if you're happy with regular season "accomplishments" this is for you:

71FMVgWPAxL._SY550_.jpg

Reactions: IPS and Matthews34

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Because you can't fire all of the players and this team needs to be fixed and there's a logical way to do it. It begins with firing the coach, determining which players (if any) respond better to the new coach, and purging the non competitive players. If this doesn't work then it's likely the GM isn't bringing in the right players and he's gotta go.

I would think Babcock, being the coach of the team, has a better vantage point to judge who's competitive and who isn't no?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You must not only drink the blue Kool-Aid but eat blue everything, wear blue clothes and live in a blue house.

Seems to me the blue kool-aid you guys are drinking and the blue glasses you're wearing are preventing you guys from looking at plain, easy to see reality:

#6 Points Percentage
#4 Regulation Wins
#3 Goal Differential

these are real things.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
But the new guy has? Hahaha. Hunters track record speaks for itself.

19 mill in cap space contrats isn't a big deal?
uh what record? And please dont say mitch or auston were drafted under hunter. That'd be a dumb argument.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Is it the same playoff hockey where the Leafs surprised the Capitals? Or that doesn't count? How about forcing a game 7 vs Boston and beating them in Boston? You're telling me, that isn't any sign of mental fortitude to stave off elimination on 2 separate occasions? How many people here thought the series would go to game 7 after game 2?Why don't you criticize Boston for being mentally weak because they couldn't finish off an inexperienced team? Or that doesn't suit the narrative? It's this type of cherry picking that's obnoxious to me. A bad string of games does not indicate a team is bad. You can't pick out 5 games in an 82 game season and say the Leafs are just awful, that's unbelievably ridiculous and short sighted. These games do not negate the fact that the Leafs are above .500 the past 10 games, nor does it negate their wins vs Calgary, Vegas,and Montreal. There's still 12 games to go, calm down already.

Hey let's also ignore that we got rid of players who were offensive and defensive nightmares since those series.

JVR, Bozak, Leo, Martin out

JT, Muzzin, Kappy, AJ etc all make us a better team then we had during those series. But yeah... let's just call it in and concede now. Fire everyone and hire some of the jackasses here who think they have the slightest clue about how to build and run a team

Merde

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
What record are we breaking? Most big game no shows in a season! This team for whatever reason cock real bad in pressure situations. It's a systemic problem that won't be fixed this season. I hope the management analyzes this team from top to bottom in the off season and finds the root of the problem and finds a way to fix.

So most points in a season ever and possibly having our all time record for points in a season by a D being broken is nothing?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

Wrong mix of players. A whole bunch of flash and flair but there's no meat and potatoes.

That's on the GM and it's absolutely scary that he forgot (?) to provide the coach with competent checkers.

Or maybe his Excel sheet told him he doesn't need those..

Reactions: dsred

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I would think Babcock, being the coach of the team, has a better vantage point to judge who's competitive and who isn't no?
According to his definition which is likely skewed by the type of players he likes and favouritism.

See: Brown, Connor

Nah, he can't be trusted to give an objective assessment at this point. That's why you need a fresh set of eyes.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Enjoying a good season but pointing out holes in their game that have been there for a few years - I don't see a problem with that.

How happy will you be without playoff success the next couple of years if that were to happen?!

Reactions: dsred

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Seems to me the blue kool-aid you guys are drinking and the blue glasses you're wearing are preventing you guys from looking at plain, easy to see reality:

#6 Points Percentage
#4 Regulation Wins
#3 Goal Differential

these are real things.

The Stanley Cup isn't awarded to the with the best fancy stats. Those stats mean nothing if they keep choking under pressure.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and dsred

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
All of these individual accomplishments aren't translating to team success. That said, if you're happy with regular season "accomplishments" this is for you:

71FMVgWPAxL._SY550_.jpg

Oh take that snowflake crap and gtfo

You and others are calling the season over and done with before it has even ended.

I've been watching the leafs since the 60s. You really have NO idea what a bad team truly looks like. Not in the least. But continue to bitch and moan while trying to convince the world that you know better then the pros.

Reactions: Loosie

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Must be rough, being a fan and seeing no hope of success. I mean honestly why bother?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
According to his definition which is likely skewed by the type of players he likes and favouritism.

See: Brown, Connor

Nah, he can't be trusted to give an objective assessment at this point. That's why you need a fresh set of eyes.

Dubas is welcome to take away his toy.

Hell, we could have demoted Brown to the Marlies and brought Grundstrom up at any point prior to the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad