Leafs Fans your thoughts about the Leafs 2018-2019

I think that Leafs....

• Total voters

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Game plan is a joke. In game adjustments are non-existent or too slow to happen. In game management leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: david999

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I understand we have 89 points but we have severely underachieved this season. So many games we have come out absolutely flat and gave zero effort. Elite teams don't do this. Coaching staff clearly doesn't know how to prepare this team.

A team this lethal offensively also shouldn't have a middle of the pack PP. Our PK had been bad too and we've given up too many SHGs. Freddy and Sparks have combined for about 7-8 games where we've gotten absolutely blown out/ where we had no chance of winning.

With any consistency to this roster and any kind of motivation or high compete level we would be right on the tails of Tampa and looking at a 100+ points right now.

If this team played up to their potential this season we are easily looking at 5-6 more wins.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Letting Hunter go for Dubas was a mistake imho.

Hunter did nothing to warrant being a GM. This team was never meant to truly compete this year. Questionable contracts to Nylander and Mathews aren't that big of a deal given who they are, but that Muzzin package is looking worse and worse for us.

Reactions: baton elevated

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
They're an elite level hockey team with good coaching, but they're young and like many teams out there, aren't perfectly built. They're a cup contender and the reason people are losing their minds is because they only follow the Leafs and if they looked around the league, they're on par with pretty much every good team out there, except Tampa but then again...who is like Tampa this year?

Reactions: Loosie

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Team is about to set their best regular season and HF boards want to fire everyone.
the regular season means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Can you really say this team is built for playoff success?

Reactions: dsred

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Hunter did nothing to warrant being a GM. This team was never meant to truly compete this year. Questionable contracts to Nylander and Mathews aren't that big of a deal given who they are, but that Muzzin package is looking worse and worse for us.
But the new guy has? Hahaha. Hunters track record speaks for itself.

19 mill in cap space contrats isn't a big deal?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Have the playoffs happened yet this year? At this point playoff success is only pure speculation and fans being afraid of the ghost of Boston.
Speculation indeed. No...it's a hypothesis. Because it's an educated prediction. I would love to eat crow. But this team will go down quickly to Boston in the first round imho.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
What track record? His junior track record where he got everyone because their parents said "I want my kid to play for London"
lirl

well if that's your position on him...no point in discussing it. Nylander took Dubas to school and He didn't save us a dime on Matthews. Mitch is next. After watching Willy pull that shit and still get rewarded...we have a big problem with how agents will deal with our GM.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
lirl

well if that's your position on him...no point in discussing it. Nylander took Dubas to school and He didn't save us a dime on Matthews. Mitch is next. After watching Willy pull that **** and still get rewarded...we have a big problem with how agents will deal with our GM.

I'm still waiting for what this track record is that would make you think Hunter would have signed them for less.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
The team and core is lacking the essential elements to their game that's going to push us to the top. Sick dangles though.

So yes it's the team that's the problem but it was the rookie GM that put this squad together.

Can't wait to be a cap max team mired in stagnation, while poindexter tries to learn as he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad