Proposal: Leafs/Canucks

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Sutter doesn’t do much but we have no other centers rn. Still wanna see what Jake can do in a full year too, although it might be grasping at straws. Leivo is nothing more than waiver fodder, and in a year or two Grundstrom and Brown are really whatever to us. We have plenty of them in our farm system

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Grundstrom about to be the new Kapanen yeah? Puts up good AHL numbers does nothing in the NHL but it’s because of all the Leafs depth. Not every Leaf prospect has to be a great prospect ya know.

He just came over from Europe and played exceptionally well while leading the Marlies to the Calder Cup. He’s a good prospect and you don’t trade good prospects for the Sutters and Virtanens of the NHL.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He just came over from Europe and played exceptionally well while leading the Marlies to the Calder Cup. He’s a good prospect and you don’t trade good prospects for the Sutters and Virtanens of the NHL.

Virtanens still young and has the potential to turn it around on a fresh start.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Want to know the difference between them? Leafs have arguably the top offense in the league and the Habs are bottom 5. Not his fault he is behind Nylander and Marner for top 6 minutes.

Exactly. Kapanen played on a much better team with better teammates. Hudon played 4th line minutes too and put up about 7x more pointa than Kapanen on roughly the same role. However, one is a mere NHL player and the other one is a top 6. Righttt

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Exactly. Kapanen played on a much better team with better teammates. Hudon played 4th line minutes too and put up about 7x more pointa than Kapanen on roughly the same role. However, one is a mere NHL player and the other one is a top 6. Righttt

Kapanen was with the Marlies for most of the year and played with plugs on the fourth line. It’s hard to drive a line playing with plugs. He’s a damn good bottom six player right now with top six potential.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

So you missed the part where his most common linemates were Komarov and Moore? What exactly does better team and linemates have to do with it when he gets no time with them? He played 4th line and the PK man. It would be different if he was getting time with Kadri and PP2 minutes or something.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So you missed the part where his most common linemates were Komarov and Moore? What exactly does better team and linemates have to do with it when he gets no time with them? He played 4th line and the PK man. It would be different if he was getting time with Kadri and PP2 minutes or something.

Well Hudon’s were Plekanec/DLR/Deslauriers/Froese and he still was able to score 30 points

So, what’s your point?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Sorry if you don't follow the NHL/AHL. Virtanen is 22 years old and has proven to be a bare AHLer. Good luck him to being an NHler. Grundstrom has played in the SHL /AHL and is full two years younger at than Virtanen. The Marlies are on TV and I have attended Marlie games. So, it isn't Leafs bias that I (and many AHL/Leaf) followers that think Grundstrom has would it takes to be good NHL player. Do you ever get to see any AHL games?
Virtanen would be 5th liner with the Leafs at best behind Nylander, Marner, Brown and Kapanen.....sorry just fact. If he's good enough to play for the Canucks maybe it shows the state the Canucks are in right now. I thought it was a troll post, but apparently not to the misinformed.
The fact you called Virtanen a bare NHLer is just mind blowing. Awful.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well Hudon’s were Plekanec/DLR/Deslauriers/Froese and he still was able to score 30 points

So, what’s your point?

Well for one he is two years older. For two, Pleks is a better player than Moore, I mean the Leafs literally moved a 2nd + to upgrade from Moore to Plekanic. For three, Hudon had literally 100 minutes more than Kap on the PP last season. HUdon also played on average 3 minutes more a game than Kap.

There is no comparable here... Just stop.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

So what’s the difference between a Virtanen and a Kapanen? About the same age, and Virtanen has a higher PPG.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Just cracks me up that Kasperi Kapanen has high top six potential but Jake Virtanen who has produced more than Kapanen is some waiver wire, 5th line RW bust

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
So what’s the difference between a Virtanen and a Kapanen? About the same age, and Virtanen has a higher PPG.

Kapanen is much more versatile, even if he’s not scoring. Virtanen plays the body well, but that’s about it.

Edit: I was talking about Grundstrom in that post. FYI.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Kapanen is much more versatile, even if he’s not scoring. Virtanen plays the body well, but that’s about it.

He’s actually a very good skater and again has produced more than Kapanen. So tell me. Why is one a massive bust and the other one a potential top 6 guy

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
What is Vancouver paying us to take a 4.3 million dollar 4C off their hands?

The trade and contract at the time were awful for Sutter, but last season he was legitimately effective in a shutdown role. On a team as bad as ours, with tough deployment, our team still managed to outscore the opposition at 5v5 when Sutter was on the ice. Anything more than a shutdown 3C is a completely different story though.

He sure as hell isn't a fit in Toronto, but I definitely wouldn't give Sutter away for free.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Tanev + 3rd + Tyler Motte is definitely a deal that Toronto should take and run away with.

giphy.gif

And this is coming from a Canucks fan. Tanev doesn't come anywhere near Matthews value. Adding Motte doesn't make up the difference. You're talking about a PPG 21 year old winger. While Tanev certainly has good value given his role and stellar defensive stats, you're treating him like he's a rookie phenom.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Sutter doesn’t do much but we have no other centers rn. Still wanna see what Jake can do in a full year too, although it might be grasping at straws. Leivo is nothing more than waiver fodder, and in a year or two Grundstrom and Brown are really whatever to us. We have plenty of them in our farm system

Isn't Virtanen waiver fodder aswell at this point?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Just cracks me up that Kasperi Kapanen has high top six potential but Jake Virtanen who has produced more than Kapanen is some waiver wire, 5th line RW bust
Virtanen probably shouldn't be written off at this point, but he hasn't been as good as Kapanen in the NHL, and not nearly as good as Kapanen in the AHL where both players got the offensive usage that neither really has in the NHL - Kapanen produced there at the rates you'd expect from a top 6 prospect, Virtanen fell well short of that. There is lots of evidence for Kapanen>Virtanen at this point, I think it would be hard to frame it otherwise
upload_2018-9-18_12-39-17.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad