Proposal: Leafs/Canucks

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don't think any Leaf fan thought GOAT would be a top 6 center.. Maybe the year after the draft talking about his absolute MAX ceiling. Most of us know he is a 4th line C for years now. We all thought he would be a good 3rd line C.

Kapanen is not a bust so not sure what you are saying? He is a top 6 winger just on the deepest RW in the league. Leafs are loaded at forward man I don't know why people keep thinking they are bad. There are some really good players in the league who couldn't crack our top 6.

If your top 6 has a player who has 10 points in 52 NHL games, you suck.

He’s not a top 6 on any team in the league. None. NHL player? Yea. Top 6 hell f***ing no

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Amazingly enough, I think OP has managed to post a lose-lose trade. Well done.

Feb 24, 2017
Lol some jamoke in here is saying kapanen is a top 6 forward. He’s Mason Raymond, 2018 version. Skates miles and accomplishes squat.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Lol some jamoke in here is saying kapanen is a top 6 forward. He’s Mason Raymond, 2018 version. Skates miles and accomplishes squat.
Kapanen plays 4th line minutes on a top 3 offensive team, he would show more if he got to play, he absolutely has top 6 potential.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I may not live long enough to ever see a meaningful trade between the Leafs and the Canucks....in fact in their now 50 year history I can't remember the Canucks making a single significant trade with TO.... And I doubt it's happening anytime soon.

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
I still believe that Matthews is on his way out of TO if the Leafs don’t win a cup this year or next. Their cap problems are going to be astronomical, and as good as the Leafs are going to be, Pittsburgh will still remain the alpha for atleast a few more years.

The real discussion going on here, should be about how the Canucks can acquire Matthews from the Leafs in a few years. Tanev+ is a good starting point.
Tanev + 2020 7th should do it honestly

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I still believe that Matthews is on his way out of TO if the Leafs don’t win a cup this year or next. Their cap problems are going to be astronomical, and as good as the Leafs are going to be, Pittsburgh will still remain the alpha for atleast a few more years.

The real discussion going on here, should be about how the Canucks can acquire Matthews from the Leafs in a few years. Tanev+ is a good starting point.
We can start with Tanev, Boesser, Hughes, Hovart and 5 first rounders

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

Tanev + 7th is a little bit of a low ball offer. We have to give Matthews a little bit of credit here. His accomplishments, while vastly inferior to those of Crosby and McDavid, still commands and warrants respect.

Even if facing a cap challenge and dealing with teams dealing from a position of strength, Matthews will garner some value.

Tanev + 3rd + Tyler Motte is definitely a deal that Toronto should take and run away with.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Leafs have Matthews Tavares and Kadri there is ZERO need for Sutter and there sure as hell is no need for Sutter at 4 million

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I actually like Sutter, but it makes no sense for the Leafs to acquire him as he'd be a $4.375 million 4th line center and with his deal not expiring until 2021, it would just compound their upcoming cap troubles.

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017

Nowhere near close enough for Leafs to even consider. Its actually laughable. Tanev cant even play 3/4 of a season without being injured. Matthews is top 5-7 Centre already and hes barely 20yrs old.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Tanev + 7th is a little bit of a low ball offer. We have to give Matthews a little bit of credit here. His accomplishments, while vastly inferior to those of Crosby and McDavid, still commands and warrants respect.

Even if facing a cap challenge and dealing with teams dealing from a position of strength, Matthews will garner some value.

Tanev + 3rd + Tyler Motte is definitely a deal that Toronto should take and run away with.
I think I've seen enough of you for a while.
Welcome to the list.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
So you call Virtanen a 5th line RWer but then go on to say Grundstrom looks like an NHLer...yeah no bias in that :sarcasm:

Sorry if you don't follow the NHL/AHL. Virtanen is 22 years old and has proven to be a bare AHLer. Good luck him to being an NHler. Grundstrom has played in the SHL /AHL and is full two years younger at than Virtanen. The Marlies are on TV and I have attended Marlie games. So, it isn't Leafs bias that I (and many AHL/Leaf) followers that think Grundstrom has would it takes to be good NHL player. Do you ever get to see any AHL games?
Virtanen would be 5th liner with the Leafs at best behind Nylander, Marner, Brown and Kapanen.....sorry just fact. If he's good enough to play for the Canucks maybe it shows the state the Canucks are in right now. I thought it was a troll post, but apparently not to the misinformed.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
wouldnt do grundstrom alone for that package.

12g/21pts in 28 games as a 19-20 year old in the AHL.

he isnt going for a guy that would be an overpaid 4th liner + a bust let alone the leafs also tossing in leivo and brown (a 20g rookie who himself has more value than either nuck player)

poorly thought out proposal. leafs dont need a high salary C or a 4th line winger. n

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
No thanks. Virtanen will have a breakout year this year. I’d happily do something around Sutter retained for Grundstrom though. Not sure why Toronto needs Sutter tho...

I’m sure you would do Grundstrom for Sutter. Leafs wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole though.

Grundstrom is a great prospect that got lost amongst the amazing forward collection Toronto has. He’s a safe bet to be a good top six forward with grit.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If your top 6 has a player who has 10 points in 52 NHL games, you suck.

He’s not a top 6 on any team in the league. None. NHL player? Yea. Top 6 hell ****ing no

* Yawn * I love it when someone looks at hockeyDB and then tries to say they are trash ignoring actually watching them play and their deployment. He gets mostly 4th line and PK minutes with heavy Dzone starts. His most common linemates last year were Komarov and Moore.

If anyone actually watches him you can clearly see the level of player he is, he just has not had the opportunity. Like many Leaf forwards they will get under rated due to being behind such solid depth.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
* Yawn * I love it when someone looks at hockeyDB and then tries to say they are trash ignoring actually watching them play and their deployment. He gets mostly 4th line and PK minutes with heavy Dzone starts. His most common linemates last year were Komarov and Moore.

If anyone actually watches him you can clearly see the level of player he is, he just has not had the opportunity. Like many Leaf forwards they will get under rated due to being behind such solid depth.

So did Charles Hudon, playing 4th line role mostly with Plekanec and he scored 30 in 70ish games yet no one calls him a top 6 player

Well we’ll see this year. Technically, if he’s playing with Matthews or Tavares he should easily put up 55-60 points. He’s that talented, right

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So did Charles Hudon, playing 4th line role mostly with Plekanec and he scored 30 in 70ish games yet no one calls him a top 6 player

Well we’ll see this year. Technically, if he’s playing with Matthews or Tavares he should easily put up 55-60 points. He’s that talented, right

Want to know the difference between them? Leafs have arguably the top offense in the league and the Habs are bottom 5. Not his fault he is behind Nylander and Marner for top 6 minutes.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I’m sure you would do Grundstrom for Sutter. Leafs wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole though.

Grundstrom is a great prospect that got lost amongst the amazing forward collection Toronto has. He’s a safe bet to be a good top six forward with grit.

Grundstrom about to be the new Kapanen yeah? Puts up good AHL numbers does nothing in the NHL but it’s because of all the Leafs depth. Not every Leaf prospect has to be a great prospect ya know.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00